• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I thought it was best to continue the conversation in this thread.

If this is true then there are a few things that can be surmised from this information.
Asus are confident that this will sell which means the performance of 6000 series will be good. Coinsidering that they make Nvidia GPUs as well they have no reason to bat for AMD if a product is going to be rubbish.
The cards will probably overclock well and scale well with overclock. I can't see them going all out with a cutom water cooler on a 6800 if it could only overclock by a few 100 mhz or provided a measily performance boost.
The 6800 is will potentially have an unlocked clock speed.

Agree totally (though mocked mostly for calling this over the last few weeks), that Asus card looks ripe for market the 1st or 2nd week post release, and I suspect they are running out the gate first to have that oh so premium Asus Tax added.

I personally like the look of that Asus and if it means a closed ez loop setup vs spending 300-500 quid on a custom loop (Have a 3 rad closed loop for the cpu already) then it's a no brainer.
I cant hold out much longer Im trying to avoid the Stock 6800xt on Wednesday but as my 3080 from launch day never showed up im really hungry for a card now.....

DO think these 6000 will overclock well from the early signs.

Associate
I'm similar. Was going to get 3090 originally but price and lack of supply have put me off. 5900x on order and going to (hopefully) grab a 6900xt at launch with a change from UW to 4k. Look g forward to seeing 6800xt benchmarks to see if what's been touted already holds merit.

Associate
Totally. Turned into a bit of a farce really, potential release of ti in Jan would pis.s me right off I've I'd just bought 3080.

I hate to say it that's whats occuring, Nvidia had that planned for weeks now if not longer.

1. Release unrealistic low msrp Ampere cards to cuk AMD launch, early, no stock, causes hype train for team green who knew what AMD had coming. Nvidia "Look how awesome we are GIVING you these cards so cheap!!"

2. AMD release cards slightly lower price, some competing product points to come but generally more horsepower its a competing card.

3. Nvidia hyp train in full swing people argue what's best, AMD cards seem to have the edge, Nvidia drops the Ti with higher memory for the 2080Ti price point early Q1.

If Nvidia dropped 3080's for 1-1.2k like the 2080Ti's it would be met with backlash, so they did the smart move, price to keep AMD prices in check, don't compete with the AMD cards in round 1(Q4), aim to beat them in Q1 but "Ohh heck that low MSRP card we gave you? Yer you want the best again so we need to charge more cause you know costs n stuff", back to £1200.

AMD wont be the best in Q1 but they will be a few hundred quid cheaper for not far off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom