• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I am still debating whether to get a 3070 or 6800. Is the extra 8gb vram really a big difference? I have a 1440p ultra wide monitor. I have a Ruben 3600 and 5600xt so I’m asking myself a lot of questions. I mainly play warzone and I like the stuff you can do with the visuals/lighting with nvidia graphics settings. I’m not too fussed about ray tracing....yet.

Suspended
I am still debating whether to get a 3070 or 6800. Is the extra 8gb vram really a big difference? I have a 1440p ultra wide monitor. I have a Ruben 3600 and 5600xt so I’m asking myself a lot of questions. I mainly play warzone and I like the stuff you can do with the visuals/lighting with nvidia graphics settings. I’m not too fussed about ray tracing....yet.

3440x1440P?

IMO yes, 8GB vs 16GB will make a difference at that resolution in the near future, Games are becoming more memory demanding and you're running a resolution that is way above average, i'm running 2560x1440P and are already running into VRam limitations (RTX 2070 Super 8GB), namely in Star Citizen and CoD Modern Warfare. This will only get worse and not in the too distant future. If you have the option of both, get the one with more VRam, your future self will thank you for it.

Associate
3440x1440P?

IMO yes, 8GB vs 16GB will make a difference at that resolution in the near future, Games are becoming more memory demanding and you're running a resolution that is way above average, i'm running 2560x1440P and are already running into VRam limitations (RTX 2070 Super 8GB), namely in Star Citizen and CoD Modern Warfare. This will only get worse and not in the too distant future. If you have the option of both, get the one with more VRam, your future self will thank you for it.

thanks for your input. Yea that’s what I was worried about. I don’t want to wait for a 3070ti either. I guess I’ll go for the 6800!

Associate
Not sure what the issue is with sapphire's website. Tried different browsers, cleared cookies, nothing, can't see any images on the site.

Associate
There are other threads dedicated to that question, but the long and the short is don't worry or base the choice on the amount of vRam its not a problem.
Personally same as you don't care about RT this gen still too big a perf hit, and DLSS has about as many uses to me as AMD's implementation (Nonexistent) and both will mature this gen so apples and oranges.

Personally going team red for the higher rasterization (Horsepower) and overclocking potential (Ampere is none existent that would be noticeable), thought that watercooled Asus 6800XT is already tipped @$999...... Wonder if I get a free reach around included?

Associate
I think you’re right that stock will be limited. I don’t think it’s an OcUK only problem though.
Agree totally, personally will be going with the company that handled it's customers and service the best during the 3080 mess (Clue:Not Overclockers!).

Soldato

I thought it was best to continue the conversation in this thread.

If this is true then there are a few things that can be surmised from this information.
Asus are confident that this will sell which means the performance of 6000 series will be good. Coinsidering that they make Nvidia GPUs as well they have no reason to bat for AMD if a product is going to be rubbish.
The cards will probably overclock well and scale well with overclock. I can't see them going all out with a cutom water cooler on a 6800 if it could only overclock by a few 100 mhz or provided a measily performance boost.
The 6800 is will potentially have an unlocked clock speed.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
If so that will be very tasty indeed!! It should easily reach stock 6800XT speeds when tweaked :cool:

Which is what I said in the other threads to people complaining the 3070 is better value, when its not. 3070s also have huge gouging on the AIB's where they are almost hitting 3080FE prices - thats not the 'better value' card whatsoever..! The 6800 will be the one people modify to run like an XT except its 50+ cheaper.

Soldato
Value is going to be a very suspect term if initial batch gets vaporised by demand which also sucks the supply channel dry for months to come.

Already seeing some interesting AIB pricing before any price jacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom