• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Day 1 isn't the bar to measure off. If after 3 or 4 weeks there isn't a steady supply of GPUs at least getting to people then it's another disaster launch. Until then it's all speculation before launch day.

Agree totally, Nvidia had literally nothing and still have nothing of substance stock wise. 'WHEN' AMD fall short on launch day I really hope it's because of such demand and at it's not just a couple of thousand in the UK, because there is no excusing that.

What I do commend AMD on is this silence and zero stock in any form showing, so scalper bots can't be pre programmed. (Unless they are hacking backends to find data ahead.. possible).

Associate
I think, like many people, you misunderstand the meaning of flagship, if you think it simply means "fastest".

flagship noun [C] (BEST PRODUCT)
best or most important product, idea, building, etc. that an organization owns or produces:

The 3080 is the flagship product to Jensen and Nvidia because it is the most important card in the lineup, not because it is the outright fastest. Nvidia designated the 3080 their flagship product at launch, so it's currently their flagship product. Any other meaning you are applying to it is completely subjective.

Good post, probably wasted on deaf ears :D:D

Associate
Yes, scalpers have entered the bigtime infamy now, and purchasing of stock should be tightly controlled by retailers at launch. One item per unique individual non-business consumer, with stores using software to enforce this using name, address and payment methods.

We all want a nice shiny GPU, but we don't NEED it... if we don't get one at launch for a good price then we should be willing to wait a little rather than pay scalper prices.

I can't imagine unless it's legally legislated that anything will change? The big stores give the PR "We hate bots/scalpers" but the truth is the stocks gone it's easy money for them and no longer their problem.
I have health complications genuinely who knows how many xmas I have left but I have a 7 year old this xmas who wont be getting his first games console he wants and his daddy desperately wants to get him because some fat Karren made a Tiktok video bragging she scalped 10 PS5's... Im all for entrepreneurial business but this practice this however is not, its just greed and it has a human cost it's also why still having no GPU despite having paid for one 3 months ago not everyone has the time to just sit and wait.

Associate
Theres similar problems getting those too isnt there?

There is, but we’re talking 9mil ps5s and ( no idea how many xboxes ) already shipped and ready to get in the hands of customers vs maybe what? Tens of thousands of gpus?

i got mine preordered and paid for already from the 17th of sept as soon as preorders went live (ps5). Hoping to get it asap in the next 2 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom