• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Yeah I have to say projected prices are a bit much for me. I have a PS5 arriving tomorrow so will wait it out with my vega 56 until next year I think, hopefully AIB pricing will settle around £650 inc VAT mid 2021 and in all honesty the Vega has done me well for the last few years no reason it cant do another 6 months.

Associate
New AMD cards whatever stock there is, will be sold out in mins?
Website traffic crash?
after the cards sold out there be Pre-order like Nvidia cards with a price increase over time may be?

Last edited:
Soldato
Ive had one ordered since the end of September.. latest date is now end of Jan :(
AH yeah that's another one. My girlfriend's bike was stolen and I simply can't buy a replacement. I contacted a dealer for the same model and he said they are expecting ONE in April. How do manufacturers survive with that kind of production?

This one I've been trying to find a dealer with stock for about a year. On account of it not being made anymore.

But I found one (on clearance even) in the netherlands where the manufacturer is based and they shipping tomorrow :)

Bikes in general have been hit pretty hard this year.

Associate
This one I've been trying to find a dealer with stock for about a year. On account of it not being made anymore.

But I found one (on clearance even) in the netherlands where the manufacturer is based and they shipping tomorrow :)

Bikes in general have been hit pretty hard this year.

During early part of lockdown i bought the kids and a wife new bikes each, stock was scarce everywhere, basically what they had left in the shop was it, with no scheduled deliveries for months.

Luckily they had a few half decent bikes for the kids and wife to choose from. Nothing overly expensive or special, but good enough for them to find comfortable enough for a family day out riding etc.

Seems a lot of products this year have been scarce, definitely due to global supply issues brought on by a global pandemic

Associate
Associate
AMD gonna need that DLSS answer to run 4K RT just like Nvidia needs it to get decent FPS.

See below from the videocardz article

"
AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution
AMD also confirms that FidelityFX Super Resolution is in development (that’s the official name of the technology). This is a clone of NVIDIA DLSS (Deep Learning Super Sampling) technology. NVIDIA’s solution relies on Tensor cores to render at a lower resolution and artificially upscale the image using deep learning algorithms.

AMD:

[FidelityFX Super Resolution] Currently in development at AMD. Stay tuned for more information as we collabrate with game developers. !"

Associate
During early part of lockdown i bought the kids and a wife new bikes each, stock was scarce everywhere, basically what they had left in the shop was it, with no scheduled deliveries for months.

Luckily they had a few half decent bikes for the kids and wife to choose from. Nothing overly expensive or special, but good enough for them to find comfortable enough for a family day out riding etc.

Seems a lot of products this year have been scarce, definitely due to global supply issues brought on by a global pandemic
Bikes work on model years and production orders a put in ages in advance with their OEM partners. Even where frames are available, components are often not so full bikes are even more difficult to source.
It's as much if not more an issue with demand than the supply impacts of Covid as everyone and there dog was riding during the first lockdown in the UK.

Soldato
Has it ever been confirmed by OcUK that they're planning to sell the AMD cards tomorrow?

I didn't think they ever supplied the "Founders Edition", only AIO units.

Associate
That's a good point, have ocuk even confirmed they will be stocking them. I was gonna take a day off workoand spam f5 at 2pm but won't bother if they are not stocking them

Soldato
Interesting statement over on the hardocp forum (Apprently this is Kyle account???)

AMD MBA cards will be in short supply up front. However, where you saw NV front-load almost all its cards, AMD is backloading. Once AIB cards hit, you will see 5 to 7 times the inventory released than what NV has shipped total in NA at this time. AMD will be heavily back-loaded into the channel. AMD is shipping ASIC BOM kits nearly daily to AIBs at this point and it will continue to happen throughout Q4. There will be a decent supply through Q4.

Now let me say this again as it is worth hearing. There is no way that when AMD was doing its projections for supply, that it could have even fathomed that NVIDIA would totally **** the bed on 3080/90 supply for the quarter, effectively abandoning the $500 to $1000 GPU TAM. NVIDIA has left such a gaping hole in the market that there is no way it can be filled currently. From my information and analysis, AMD projected to grow its portion of the TAM and will have inventory to do that. The sad fact is that NV simply abandoned its customer in that market and there is no possible way for AMD to fill the void.

https://hardforum.com/threads/radeon-6000-series-speculation.2001864/page-13#post-1044808902

So wait for Big Navi AIBs :p

Edit: From further down

My information tells me that 6800 and 6800 XT ASICs being delivered through the quarter should remain pretty much equal.

We are also going to see AIB 6900 XT cards as well, and I was informed that those should be about equal to 6800.

If you hear that some AIBs will not be making cards this quarter, this is why. I know some AIBs have gotten greater amounts of stock because they committed to AMD to build X number of cards where some AIBs would not. So AMD has been shuffling stock to those AIBs that would commit to getting cards to market. AMD is working hard according the AIBs that they want to get as many GPUs on the shelf in Q4.

Caporegime
LOL! I'll be interested to see if he is right of full of doodoo...
Interesting statement over on the hardocp forum (Apprently this is Kyle account???)

https://hardforum.com/threads/radeon-6000-series-speculation.2001864/page-13#post-1044808902

So wait for Big Navi AIBs :p

Edit: From further down
Yeah, the demand for the 6800 will be way in advance of what it would have been had Nvidia not screwed their launch by releasing early. Set your expectations guys and don't be too disappointed if what you want doesn't come through. :)

Associate
the below are with DLSS off.. with it on its even worse on the amd cards..

metro @ 1440 on the 3080 with rt on is 98fps

SOTR @ 1440 on 3080 with rt on is 96 fps

https://www.techspot.com/article/2109-nvidia-rtx-3080-ray-tracing-dlss/#:~:text=At 1440p, the RTX 3080,performance with ray tracing enabled.&text=The 3080 sees a 36,the Turing-based 2080 Ti.

Hmm, that would be a bit disappointing if you want all the bells and whistles, plus nv adding SAM support down the line....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom