• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate

Metro Exodus looks like a good benchmark for comparison purposes, given its over the top implementation atleast till AMD ports Quake 2 RTX
6800XT is around 32% slower than RTX3080
That means the 6900XT will be 24% slower than RTX3080
Add some overclocking potential and starts looking like a good result overall, but still subject to:
  • Impact of SAM
  • Image quality comparisons

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Has it ever been confirmed by OcUK that they're planning to sell the AMD cards tomorrow?

I didn't think they ever supplied the "Founders Edition", only AIO units.

That's a good point, have ocuk even confirmed they will be stocking them. I was gonna take a day off workoand spam f5 at 2pm but won't bother if they are not stocking them

Lads, shhh shhhh I can't hear @Gibbo but for the deafening silence!! :)

Happy if we hear otherwise though.. :D

Associate
Managed to get a RTX3070 FE today but still trying to source a 6000 series tomorrow! If I’m unsuccessful at least I’ll have a decent card to use as I only game at 1440p. Excited to see performance in MSFS!

Associate
'of every model' means next week's launch though, not tomorrows. How many reference designs do they have for sale tomorrow?

Well could be Sapphire, Powercolor, XFX, Asrock, MSI, Asus and Gigabyte, and thats for both 6800 and 6800XT.

So if its 36 models per vendor per model we should be looking at a minimum of 504 cards, 252 6800 anf 252 6800XT.

Id guess they probably have more sapphire cards and potentially even Powercolor, XFX and Asrock than they do ASUS MSI and Gigabyte reference models.

Especially after seeing that thread on HardOCP saying what ive heard rumored for a while that AMD gave preference to their tier1 partners for silicon.

Good job imho, Gigabyte, MSI and Asus have treated AMD products like red headed step kids for a long time, while XFX, Sapphire, Powercolor and Asrock have stuck by them.

I wish Sapphire would move into making motherboards, i bet theyd be really decent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom