• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Does anyone know if the infinity cache on the 6900XT is bigger than the 6800XT?

I'm starting to think that the 6800XT results in 4k generally being worse relative to the 3080 could be a memory bandwidth limitation, and the 6900XT has the same memory speed and bus width as the 6800XT so thinking if the 6800XT is not being saved at 4k from Infinity cache, the 6900XT could be a problem?

Associate
In the Guru3d reviews for the 6800 and 6800 XT they sate that you need a X570 motherboard to enable the SAM feature.
Yet on the AMD reveal they state only a 500 series motherboard is needed, have guru3d got it wrong?
Are you taking something out of context because Nvidia has released a statement saying the have SAM working on Intel/AMD, so it is possible to have it on X570 ,I did not read the article/review

Soldato
In the Guru3d reviews for the 6800 and 6800 XT they sate that you need a X570 motherboard to enable the SAM feature.
Yet on the AMD reveal they state only a 500 series motherboard is needed, have guru3d got it wrong?
SAM uses BAR which is part of the PCIe spec so it should work on anything that supports BAR. probably limiting it to increase sales?

Associate
I mean the AIB situation. They aren't quite as close as you made it seem, and the numbers might be pretty small when they do arrive.

The whole thing is a crap show (again) and the AIBs are likely to be more expensive just to add the final insult :p
In the video ECH posted earlier AMD seemed to confirm it would be the end of the year / early next year for decent stock which matches the previous rumours.

Associate
What part of what you said has anything to do with what I said?.

What I was getting at is that yes lots of people today ordered or tried to order the reference card but I suspect a lot would actually prefer an AIB card once they become available.
Why didn't they just wait a week then?

Associate
Does anyone know if the infinity cache on the 6900XT is bigger than the 6800XT?

I'm starting to think that the 6800XT results in 4k generally being worse relative to the 3080 could be a memory bandwidth limitation, and the 6900XT has the same memory speed and bus width as the 6800XT so thinking if the 6800XT is not being saved at 4k from Infinity cache, the 6900XT could be a problem?

Infinity cache is 128MB on both cards https://www.pcworld.com/article/358...dna-2-infinity-cache-smart-access-memory.html

Yes it is likely to be memory bandwidth related at higher resolutions. Its hard to resolve why a card that performs so well are 1080p and 1440p. Ahead of the 3080 at those resolutions but then cant match the 3080 at 4k in every game.

Soldato
Erm possible coil whine issue? https://youtu.be/2fs0yByc8EA?t=371

Hopefully that's not a thing for most people or just depends on framerate.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom