• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Well 6800xt is the king of FireStrike. Thats good to know.
Too bad gaming has moved on from ....2012.

It looks like tessellation is still poor, RT poor, No DLSS equivalent hence why we are not seeing this lvl of uplift across other benchmarks.

Associate
Actually the average score in TimeSpy is 17685 (3080) vs 17557 (6800xt)
Since 3080 is an older graphic card and the drivers, overclockers and custom AIB's have already sucked all the juice from the card, we should expect to see the 6800xt in taking the lead pretty soon.

Older by 2 months. The 3080 FE is faster than the 6800xt. Data given above. Using the same source used to try and make the 6800xt second only to the 3090. https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/amd-radeon-rx-6800-xt-review,26.html

Associate
Older by 2 months. The 3080 FE is faster than the 6800xt. Data given above. Using the same source used to try and make the 6800xt second only to the 3090. https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/amd-radeon-rx-6800-xt-review,26.html
That has nothing to do with the TimeSpy average scores. On 3080 scores you have custom video cards and 2 months of overclocking and better drivers. On 6800xt scores, you have 4 days of overclocking, a single driver update and no custom cards. If you think 6800xt will not be able to surpass the 3080, then you really are crazy.

Caporegime
Arguing over who is faster in Timespy is comical. I used to be a bit of an overclocker and loved it. Did a couple of LN2 events also but for me, games is where the fastest should be compared and with a decent OC headroom, the 6800 XT looks to be the winner for me (excpet in RT games - but fine wine and all that) :D

Associate
That has nothing to do with the TimeSpy average scores. On 3080 scores you have custom video cards and 2 months of overclocking and better drivers. On 6800xt scores, you have 4 days of overclocking, a single driver update and no custom cards. If you think 6800xt will not be able to surpass the 3080, then you really are crazy.

The 3080 FE is higher at stock vs a stock 6800xt and higher on average graphic score in time spy. Source https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/amd-radeon-rx-6800-xt-review,26.html. Thats the data we are looking at right at this moment.

Associate
Arguing over who is faster in Timespy is comical. I used to be a bit of an overclocker and loved it. Did a couple of LN2 events also but for me, games is where the fastest should be compared and with a decent OC headroom, the 6800 XT looks to be the winner for me (excpet in RT games - but fine wine and all that) :D

AMD Navi2/RDNA2 event thread

Sample size and game choice. Affect the conclusion. 23 games and a different picture can be seen.

Soldato
Ray tracing test for Cold War

tldr: 6800xt is slower than the minimum framerate in the rtx3070 and that's before you turn on dlss

3080 is 70% faster than 6800xt
3070 50% faster than 6800
With dlss on: 3080 is 125% faster than 6800xt

I'd rather trust a real gameplay video with overlay than any benchmark graph. Here's Cold War running on a 6800XT and the average at 1440P Ultra is actually 65fps, not 50fps like in the wccftech video you posted. That is between the 3070 and 3080.

Last edited:
Soldato
Wait and see what FXSS brings to the table before jizzing yourself. RT is only viable with DLSS style upscaling so I would expect AMD to catch up when they release their version.
Right now the 6800XT is king when it comes to 1440P where majority of gamers are at. When 4K is common the 3080/6800Xt wil be old tech.

Those cards are not priced to target mainstream or common gamers.

Associate
Associate
All this fighting is so pointless if you can't get either amd or nvidia. Now performance is also subjective to price, and price is depending on region. Example I'm from Romania, 3080 price started at 950 euro cheapest, around 1200 now. Amd started at 710 euro, keept the price so far, will change of course. Now @zx128k since you're advocating that Nvidia is faster, 7% according to tests from 16 websites, at 4k, and similar at 1440p or slower, is 200+ euro difference worth that 7% in rasterization? I am almost certain most gamers prefer rtx off still due to fps impact.

Of course, all this depending on region. I think at the end is about which card you get first. Performance are similar, price will be similar. Amd will get super sampling at a point, no rush. Dlss was off for a time too after launch before 2.0 cause it was a mess, it was rubbish.

So it doesn't matter which card you get as long as you will get one. Let's hope first for better production, cause there is enough performance.

Soldato

People with 1440P 144Hz monitors find them to be the sweet spot for high framerate gaming. Not likely that all the 1440P 144Hz+ gamers will jump to 4K just because we have finally acheived 4K 60fps.

Soldato
Both videos cant be compared. One shows graphs the other game play. Your whole post is a waste of time.

No mate. The video I posted shows real gameplay so obviously cannot be fudged so I'd say the other video with graphs is a waste of time. If you can't accept what your eyes are showing then get them checked or better still, pull your head out of Nvidia's rear end.

Associate
No mate. The video I posted shows real gameplay so obviously cannot be fudged so I'd say the other video with graphs is a waste of time. If you can't accept what your eyes are showing then get them checked or better still, pull your head out of Nvidia's rear end.

The same system has to compare BOTH the 6800xt and the 3080 or no conclusion can be made. The exact same game play as well.

Again an insult and you have the logically unsound position.

Permabanned

I find it strange that people tend to buy super expensive smartphones but yet are very conservative about spending for a new PC rig.
PC rigs are cheaper than cars, for example, and yet provide high level of entertainment.

RX 6800 XT is probably the first high-end card that should be bought by everyone - even by those on a budget.

Associate
I agree with fs123, never trust graphs, like 3080 being marketed as 2x faster than 2080, but reality showed that it is only at 4k or ray tracing games, as 1080 and 1440p was disappointing to see the difference. And 1080p and 1440p are where mass of players are. I really want to see a real test video before a graph.

Or amd own graphs. Never trust those. Reviews ended up good, nvidia was 7% faster for the same price difference at 4k, so I think it's fair

Soldato
The same system has to compare BOTH the 6800xt and the 3080 or no conclusion can be made. The exact same game play as well.

Again an insult and you have the logically unsound position.

I can sense despair & denial...A real gameplay video is not enough for a shill I guess.

Associate
Depends on what your conclusions are, what you're trying to say, are you saying that this performance would be normal for AMD no matter what?

He has a point, AMD have had RT for a week, Nvidia have had it for two years and these games are developed for Nvidia cards.
No one reasonable would draw any conclusions just now.
Also to note is that games use Nvidia proprietary libraries for RT instead of depending fully on direct X API.
I expect Nvidia might get a bit worse performance when using standard API and AMD will get better once they tune drivers, get game optimizations and implement their own version of DLSS, it will still be slower, but not that bad as it's now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom