1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The "Top Gear", Season 24/25/26 thread

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Django x2, Feb 4, 2017.

1. NVP

Mobster

Yeh you could tell they were nervous, but can you imagine the pressure they would have put themselves under to get it right? I think they did alright for a first show. :)

2. baron02

Hitman

It was a reasonable episode but I think paddy needs to calm down a little bit. Other than that it could be ok combo. I think we have to accept the fact it not going to be the same as clarkson, Hammond and May.

3. Shivy011

Soldato

Nah, at the end one of them said next week they have two people coming on - forgot who they are

4. NVP

Mobster

That's good, new and fresh is always better than old and stale regardless of the flavour.

5. Hedge

Capodecina

Chris Harris ruins the show for me. He was great back on YouTube but on top gear he's just awkward and tries to play some character he's not. I find it surprising people like him.

6. ZG002

Capodecina

It's because he's the real car guy and always has been so we can really relate to him and his opinions.

I did find it funny, but I couldn't give a flying **** what Paddy or Freddie think of a car etc.

I do want to know what Chris thinks of it though.

I guess it depends on what top gear is to you, if it is totally for the laughs and cars just happen to be part of it I can see why you feel that way.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  7. Terminal_Boy

Soldato

Agreed. Needs subtitles.

8. Rossi~

Capodecina

I like Chris and was all ready to hate the other two but Paddy cracks me up. Freddie, meh.

At least there’s no Rory ay?

9. NVP

Mobster

Bufpless

10. Scania

Capodecina

Enjoyed that, was expecting it to be crap but plesantly surprised.

Freddie has always been more of a wild one than Clarkson, Paddy a humerous alternative to May and Chris can actually review a car without destroying it, great replacement for Hammond.

This has potential.

On first impressions, I'd say the "Clarkson,Hammond & May Show" which Top Gear had become has returned to being Top Gear.

11. Apone70

Wise Guy

I must admit it was better than i expected

12. NVP

Mobster

Those old Scanias don't half stretch a decent way

13. Vita

Capodecina

Was a decent episode. They do have a little chemistry, good banter too. Looking forward to see the rest of the series.

14. The_Abyss

Capodecina

Harris has outstayed his welcome by about 3 seasons now.

15. Armageus

Don

Pleasantly surprised, much better than expected

16. lordrobs

Capodecina

There wasn't really anything new unfortunately, tried old formula of buy a cheap car with a pretty weak theme. Same old race round a quarry. Even the one of the trio suffering in the heat was done before but that was when May was in that stripped out Aston which gave a good narrative. Much better than "the random wolly jumper challenge".

Negatives aside it was an okay watch. If they tone down the cricket club hazing a bit and come up with something fresh they could make a decent show out of the new line up. Not looking forward to Sabines appearance, hopefully it'll be brief.

17. IAmATeaf

Soldato

Me and my sons enjoyed it, was expecting the worst but watched it all the way through whereas previously we've gone off to do other things in the middle of the episode.

I too am not a fan of McGuinness but his car choice won him over for me. My dad used to have a Mk2 1.3GL in puke green a long time back and I like Paddy replaced the carbs with twins in the hope of getting another half an HP more out the engine. :D

18. NVP

Mobster

Sums you up I guess.

19. Havana_UK

Mobster

I thought it was OK, but a bit of the same old same old really, same script writers, just different people reading the jokes out. Decent enough watch, but not all that.

20. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

It is the same formula but still made me smile.