1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Turing RTX 2080 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Kaapstad, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Gerard

Caporegime

Usually its dolloped on like a dog with the runs had a squirt on it. Though not had a recent EVGA card so may well be better these days.

2. opethdisciple

Capodecina

I'm tempted. If they bundled Metro with the card I could pull the trigger.

Would be expensive tho as probably should also buy a new PSU as well as mine is I think is from 2012 but still going strong.

3. agnes

Capodecina

Hmmm, I'll run factory for a month and see how it goes, then when I'm bored one evening I'll clean it up and re apply and report back on my findings. It doesn't arrive until Tuesday (bank holiday this Monday).

4. Kaapstad

Man of Honour

5. AgedIdiot

Wise Guy

Bought a MSI Sea Hawk EK :)

Not had chance to properly test yet BUT very blingy and somewhat expensive !!

6. jrodga2k5

Sgarrista

Looks like my FE is going to be on the way back to Nvidia.

I've been unfortunately suffering from originally intermittent Black Screen crashes with the cards fans ramping up to 100% which have now become at least once a day. Initially I thought it was my PSU Corsair HX750i, switched from multi rail to single rail...no dice, still crashed. Switched in an EVGA 650w Gold and after playing Metro Exodus for around 45 minutes today, black screen, fans to 100% hard lock. Given the RTX fans are ramping up to 100% I can only assume it's the card as this crash is typically happening while gaming, even without an overclock. Temps aren't an issue either since they're sitting around 75 max in my case, the funniest part of the Nvidia support is they ask you to test it on Video Card Stability Test which only utilises the card @ 80-82%. It's definitely crashing anywhere that the card is being properly taxed.

Heading off on holiday tomorrow so I'll hopefully have an RMA to use when I get back next Friday, rather frustrating situation.

7. Kaapstad

Man of Honour

8. Kaapstad

Man of Honour

9. Poneros

Wise Guy