• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Turing RTX 2080 Owners Thread

Associate
Although the heatsink on the Asus Dual OC doesn't have heatpipes it still seems to do a reasonable job cooling, but I don't think my figures are as good as some of the temps of the FE cards.

Running Heaven 4 on Ultra/Extreme/x8/1440p using the Asus GPU Tweak in OC mode, GPU at 1890, memory 14000 (stock), temps maxed at 76C fan at 54% after about 10mins

I ran a benchmark with these settings and got a score of 1602 (FPS: 63.6), however that's with the CPU 8700K at stock speeds as I've only just built the machine and haven't started overclocking it yet.

Associate
My FE running Heaven 4 Ultra/Extreme/x8/1440 hits 60C at 2055/8200 with the fans at 100%.

With the default fan profile it hits 80C at 52% (1925rpm) when overclocked.

If I drop my clocks to stock the temp comes down to 75C with the fans remaining at 52%.

Associate
well my 2080 is off back to OCUK today, the coil whine was so bad during wolfenstein and also starting happening in other games, so hopefully a replacement card will not have this issue.

Associate
I tried the precision x1 software but to be honest i have no idea what I'm doing. I did the scan and it gave me a score but i couldn't find what it actually done to the card.
is there a way to show what it actually done?. Also what do you mean about the coil whine? it sounds like my card the fans go on and off all the time and I'm not even on the machine.

Soldato
I tried the precision x1 software but to be honest i have no idea what I'm doing. I did the scan and it gave me a score but i couldn't find what it actually done to the card.
is there a way to show what it actually done?. Also what do you mean about the coil whine? it sounds like my card the fans go on and off all the time and I'm not even on the machine.
Coil whine is a "Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" sound in games and especially in menu's :D. I've not had it for years now. I put it down to a combination of components in the past(maybe PSU's not help), rather than just one . I had a few cards in succession with the issue but none now for years.

Last edited:
Soldato
well my 2080 is off back to OCUK today, the coil whine was so bad during wolfenstein and also starting happening in other games, so hopefully a replacement card will not have this issue.

If it’s anything like the 10 series you will be lucky to get one without.

Every 1080Ti I tested had it to the point where it made liquid cooling pointless as it could be heard over all the fans especially at high refresh rates of 120-165hz. And i’ve tested probably 10 or so.

It was that audible I now have my pc under the desk so I can’t hear it anymore.

Associate
If it’s anything like the 10 series you will be lucky to get one without.

Every 1080Ti I tested had it to the point where it made liquid cooling pointless as it could be heard over all the fans especially at high refresh rates of 120-165hz. And i’ve tested probably 10 or so.

It was that audible I now have my pc under the desk so I can’t hear it anymore.

My machine is under my desk and was really loud, to the point i could hear through headphones! i didnt have any whine from my 970 so im hoping its not every 2080 i try!

Permabanned

That sucks, fingers crossed mine will be ok.

I had to go through quite a few GTX1080 before I found one that was good, I suspect I'll have the same problems again.

Hopefully, it won't take four cards this time. :mad::mad::mad:

Permabanned
XFX 750W Black Edition Modular Power Supply - bought it back in 2011 but haven't had any issues with coil whine from any other graphics card ive ever owned.

Try running a stress test for a few hours or overnight if possible, if you're lucky the issue will disappear.

That's happened to me a few times.

Permabanned
Zotac RTX2080 arrived today, performance seems great but there is coil whine.

Will see if it settles down over the next few days otherwise it will be returned, I wonder how many attempts it will take this time around.

EDIT: Some very odd behaviour in game menus, the mouse seems to lag intermittently with framerate/GPU load stuttering ... Might reinstall the drivers but not liking this at all right now.

Last edited:
Soldato
lol

Still no cards, but have comfirmation of a 2080 Strix coming this week.

(still waiting for OCUK to get the Duke Ti into stock).

Wait you paid £999 for a strix 2080 instead of bumping to two £1049 Duke Ti’s?

I should have two of those blocks arriving tomorrow, nickel plates for the back though so wait on those.

Back
Top Bottom