***The Vapers Lounge*** 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
So it'd be between the istick 4.4ah with nautilis, or this sub-tank, i'm guessing when you say subtank thats just the same system but with a coil of less than 1 ohm?

I'm not so sure my wallet could take that kind of setup if it needs a meatier battery, i've seen what happens when lipo's go wrong and i dont fancy it happening near my face lol.

Soldato
***! Didn't realise quoted for truth was a sweary? :p

I'm kinda surprised how much I've got into it - I was perfectly happy with my Nautilus until I got the Atlantis and the Subtank, and since then I've been on a mission to find the perfect vape! I want to try lower ohms but can't really with the wire I've got without sacrificing surface area, need slowtech to hurry up. :p

Just a bit about the safety - if you're using 0.5ohm coils and only going up to 50W then you'll be fine as long as you're using good batteries, but you'll probably find the Subtank/Atlantis can't really keep up with that much heat anyway.

Crikey - just tried the British Tobacco from onepoundeliquid and it's not my cup of tea, tastes quite cigar-ish. The Virginia Tobacco is much nicer imo.

Aha, iv had a few beers I chat a lot when I drink :D

But yeah, a regulated mod well for batterys its safe pretty much no matter what as long as you don't put in 1.99 batterys off ebay, ofc use only decent batterys, but yep, 50w for 0.5ohms is pleanty to cook the juice right off of the wick :p

Its only when you start getting to like 0.18 ohms or below you need more than 100w which is why I like my mech mod, but im not shelling out on 60 quid or so for 50w extra as iv already got a 100w sigelei and it does the job perfect at 0.18 ohms :)

Oooo forgot, vapemail update. well....

VapeOrder Update :D Got a Efest erm LUC V4 battery charger on the way, and I just ordered at last MY FIRST EVER!! capella vanilla custard, #excited. I ordered v1, and v2, and the apprentice vanilla custard stuff? no idea what the difference was but its a quid cheaper, but anyway, more than enough to experiment with. Also ordered some of the good old RY4 flavouring of the juice I vape 24/7 to have brewing whilst the vanilla custard brews.
Also ordered, 1L of PG and 5L of vg and 1L of VG based nicotine :D

Oh and ordered 20 quids worth of drip tips and crap from fast tech but they will be another month or so yet so no point in getting excited about them :o

Associate
The iStick has the same batteries, you just can't remove them. If you're staying under 50W and have decent quality batteries and you take care of them then I don't think you'd have any problems but I'd recommend you researching it rather than taking my word if you're worried.

The Subtank is a different device to the Nautilus but works in a very similar way, it's made by Kanger instead of Aspire. I'd recommend the Subtank Mini actually as I've read in a few places that the original had a few leaking issues, plus it's massive. :p But yeah, it's very similar but it allows you to use 0.5ohm prebuilt coils which I think most would agree gives a better vape, but you need to get used to lung-hitting with it as it's a much more airy draw compared to the Nautilus. You can get 1.2ohm coils for it also.

It's kinda hard to say what would be best for you - the Nautilus would do a better job of replicating smoking, but the Subtank Mini will give a nicer vape.

Last edited:
Associate
Aha, iv had a few beers I chat a lot when I drink :D

But yeah, a regulated mod well for batterys its safe pretty much no matter what as long as you don't put in 1.99 batterys off ebay, ofc use only decent batterys, but yep, 50w for 0.5ohms is pleanty to cook the juice right off of the wick :p

Its only when you start getting to like 0.18 ohms or below you need more than 100w which is why I like my mech mod, but im not shelling out on 60 quid or so for 50w extra as iv already got a 100w sigelei and it does the job perfect at 0.18 ohms :)

I may have had a not tiny amount of spiced rum.. :D

I haven't even gone above 70W yet, doubt I'll ever come near using 150W! I do like the sexy all black look though. Been tempted to order the Sigelei 50W to replace the 30W as I don't really want to take my 150W out and about and then I could use the Lemo with the 50W.. Also ordered some vapebands from http://www.vapeband.com/, some nice plain all black ones. :cool: Hopefully they'll stop me breaking the glass if I take it out, will be a while before I get them though.

Oooo forgot, vapemail update. well....

VapeOrder Update :D Got a Efest erm LUC V4 battery charger on the way, and I just ordered at last MY FIRST EVER!! capella vanilla custard, #excited. I ordered v1, and v2, and the apprentice vanilla custard stuff? no idea what the difference was but its a quid cheaper, but anyway, more than enough to experiment with. Also ordered some of the good old RY4 flavouring of the juice I vape 24/7 to have brewing whilst the vanilla custard brews.
Also ordered, 1L of PG and 5L of vg and 1L of VG based nicotine :D

Oh and ordered 20 quids worth of drip tips and crap from fast tech but they will be another month or so yet so no point in getting excited about them :o

Nice! I think I might have gone off custards, not sure why but I got some GVC the other day which I used to love, put it in my Lemo and wasn't very impressed, guess it's the low ohms/high wattage ruining it. :( DIY liquid is the next step for me I suppose... Holding off for now though!

Some of my fasttech items have changed to 'Ready to ship' which is nice, still quite a few that just have 'Restocking (?)' with no ETA though, bah. :mad:

Associate
Hmm, might be better off going nautilis then, get used to that first then worry about more fancy setups.

You can't go wrong with a Nautilus really, I used it to give up smoking and found it much nicer straight away. You probably want to get 18/24mg nic juice for it though to make sure it 'hits the spot'. :p

Soldato
I only use about 3-4ml in total on average a day and I get bored of a flavour rather quickly [/SPOILER]

jesus :D

Iv actually used, believe it or not, but its actual fact, just over 20ml of juice today lol.

I did however probs use about 5ml extra juicing up my new homemade rda, plus fogging it up for half hour before I got bored, had to open the window haha.

But on average im using about 15 ml per day, and im still on the same flavour I was on when I quit the dirty ciggies.

Good old RY4 :) Actually cant wait for the vanilla custard to arrive this week tho, first time brewing something other than what I usually vape, quite excited :D + vanilla custards the hype so I hope it lives up to what everyone says it is.

Soldato
Just been searching all my stock of small 10ml bottles to wash out and found some really old 80pg hangsen 16mg vanilla flavour from when I took up vaping, I didn't like the taste of it when I got it, I had one or two drops if that and I hated it.

But I just put literally one or two drops of it on my dripper which is soaked in ry4, damn it tasted good.

So iv added it to 40ml of 70vg 0 nicotine unflavoured ry4, gonna let it brew, would be a shame to waste 10ml of juice, will see if it brews up nicely with the ry4, it tasted nice though haha, bit strong from the two drops that I had, as im used to 3mg 60-70vg. not 80pg especially not 18mg :D. its past expiry date by hmm 8 months, I mean really how the hell can eliquid go out of date, gets better with age like wine right??

so, iv got 15 empty bottles all washed and sat on the radiator. bring on the mixing! cant wait to try the vanilla custard. also ordered some raspberry cotton candy, though im not into fruit flavours, it caught my eye. so that will also be interesting :)

Soldato
Also ordered some vapebands from http://www.vapeband.com/, some nice plain all black ones. :cool: Hopefully they'll stop me breaking the glass if I take it out, will be a while before I get them though.

I use rubber bands, the ones the the post leave outside my door from all my vape mail he has to bring me lol, nice fat thick ones. I used to have a strong grip, but years of in typing or being a micro-electronics engineer (screwing-unscrewing), then stopping, now I have a grip of a 80 year old man.

I'm been thinking of getting some custom vape grips, with my name on them cos I'm cool :cool: like that lol, but rubber bands see me fine and I do have a load of swimming bands somewhere I can use; if I ever managed to unbox all my stuff from moving over 14 months ago, something I didn't do in my last place.

Soldato
Is their a substantial taste difference from a e go type device to using a kbox and subtank mini?

A subtank will give you greater volume of vapour which can mean more flavour, but with direct to lung I find you can lose some flavour compared to mouth to lung with an ego type clearomiser.

My partner has my old Naturevape Minipro which is a very good clearo in my humble opinion and every time I take a mouth to lung hit from it I find the flavour exceptionally good.

Dialling in a Subtank for great flavour takes some experimentation and I find that a straight in/out can stifle the flavour somewhat, what takes little experimentation is the volume of vapour you get from these devices.

If you are giving up the stinkies a good start would be the subtank with a 1.2 ohm coil and 12mg nic, when you get down to sub ohm you will likely want to drop the nic to 6mg to avoid headaches and sleep disturbance, (a common side effect of changing nic levels from the stinkies).

With vaping I tend to find the trick is to try and maintain a lower more constant level of nic rather than the peaks and troughs of stinkies, but heck you can get a nice nic buzz off a sub ohm setup with good juice.

Flavour wise and smell of your home wise you will quickly learn to love the vape.

Soldato
I love my Lemo Drop, but find the wicking can't keep up over 18w with my chain vaping, so ive just re wicked using this new Pancake method that Rip did a recent video on and have to say, it's working great, been as high as 27.5w and not a single dry hit.. did try 30w but got slight dry hit.
deffinately worth giving a try on your rba's if your having dry hits with a normal wicking method..

Soldato
I use a different method to most of the vids I have seen when re-wicking. I prefer a wider pickup so cut a wider section of cotton and then split it between the layers to give the same density through the coil.

Quick discovery I just made on the Subtank 25mm RBA. Been having some weird tasting hits on the dual coil setup since I rewicked it, and the battery was dying pretty quickly. Decided to rewick it again and when I removed the RBA deck I noticed the coil platform was raised up and shorting one of the coils because the centre pin of the RBA was loose. Tightened it up and rewicked and it is now epic again. So if you are getting bad taste for inexplicable reasons on the RBA, check that RBA centre pin!

This may also apply to other RBA's so keep em peeled :)

Soldato
I love my Lemo Drop, but find the wicking can't keep up over 18w with my chain vaping, so ive just re wicked using this new Pancake method that Rip did a recent video on and have to say, it's working great, been as high as 27.5w and not a single dry hit.. did try 30w but got slight dry hit.
deffinately worth giving a try on your rba's if your having dry hits with a normal wicking method..

Surely the pancake method is just how the factory kanger occ are setup anyway? :) looks to me like a flood magnet in a KF style deck, I'll stick to the KF method, seems fine for me; I must just be lucky.

Soldato
I didn't follow rips method exactly, I used slightly more cotton, basically I filled and cut as you would normally wick, but then pancaked it so there is plenty of cotton and hopefully won't leak, but time will tell.
just did the same in my Delta II, previous limit was about 22 - 25w, currently running 30w now and wicking great.

Soldato
Surely the pancake method is just how the factory kanger occ are setup anyway? :) looks to me like a flood magnet in a KF style deck, I'll stick to the KF method, seems fine for me; I must just be lucky.

I thought the same, juice gonna pour in the channels and down the airhole in the centre of the deck imho.

Soldato
I thought the same, juice gonna pour in the channels and down the airhole in the centre of the deck imho.

I had the same doubts, but I've had my delta sitting upside down for 15 minutes on a tissue and not a drop has come out so far, flipped it over and back again and gave it a tap and still nothing, will have to try the same with the lemo next...

Soldato
I suppose the heavy VG base juice keeps it from running and in check, just wondering how well it fairs when the tank is less full and air pressure starts to build up within the tank. Even my subtank leaks a bit when it's almost empty (cos I'm swapping juices) or when it's just been sitting there for a few days and the heavy juice is pulling itself down.

So much for the self vito on buying stuff.. Just ordered a silo tank and some extra heads.. :rolleyes: I really though I make it though the weekend without buying. Lol.. The ban starts now.. Again..

Associate
Hiya peeps,
Completely new to vaping, and looking for some advice.
I smoke about 20 cigs a day,and got an ecig for christmas, while its not great, it opened my eyes to the world of vaping. I'm looking to buy a decent starter kit,would something like this be any good,or could i do better?
http://greyhaze.co.uk/products/kanger-subtank-mini-sigelei-50w-box-mod-kit
I'm a bit blown away by all the info on here, so any advice would muchly appreciated.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom