***The Vapers Lounge*** 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I honestly don't know how people build with thick gauge wire for cloud chasing unless you are running at 100+ watts, i get hardly any vapour. But if I build teeney tiny micro coils they absolutely CHUCK.

What am I doing wrong?

Soldato
for thicker awg there's a much longer ramp up time, I have to pre heat the coil and get it going first before I start getting decent vapour production, thou they take longer to cool down, I have to keep it going for the coil to stay hot. It's not really suited for my style of vaping, as I'm rarely just vaping and don't nothing else.

There's other advantages like its easiler to build with, more surface area and more hard wearing.. But I personally fine using 28 awg fine for my use. :)

Soldato
HI guys,

I am thinking of a little upgrade to the vape farm, currently running a VAMO V6 and a Kanger tank with 1.5 ohm coils, and to be honest I am getting fed up with the inconsistency of the Kangertech coils,

I have been looking at the SIGELEI MINI 30W BOX MOD, and thinking of pairing it up with the Subtank mini,

anyone used either? or better together? also I was thinking of the 0.4 coils to start and then maybe a build, will the Sigelei be ok with the 0.4 coild, according to a few sights, it seems OK.

or any other recommendations?

Soldato
HI guys,

I am thinking of a little upgrade to the vape farm, currently running a VAMO V6 and a Kanger tank with 1.5 ohm coils, and to be honest I am getting fed up with the inconsistency of the Kangertech coils,

I have been looking at the SIGELEI MINI 30W BOX MOD, and thinking of pairing it up with the Subtank mini,

anyone used either? or better together? also I was thinking of the 0.4 coils to start and then maybe a build, will the Sigelei be ok with the 0.4 coild, according to a few sights, it seems OK.

or any other recommendations?

it's a good setup from what I've heard about the sigelei.. There's no 0.4 coils (as far as I'm aware) for the subtank, unless you build it yourself :) it's either 1.2 or 0.5ohm unless your rocking a dna40. The coils on the subtank is so much better than the ones on the normal kangers but do cost a hell lot more.

The other mod that's very much worth considering is the istick 30w or 50w.

Do remember that sub-ohming is a different way of vaping from what you might be used to, you tend to have to lung hit (esp with the subtank) at higher watts. The juices your using at the moment may not work/taste as well or certainly different, and you just might not like it at all. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Alright

Iv got a project for my self, a easy one though.

I like the airek due to its airflow which is more than the mutation X v2/v3, But, im fed up of its tiny juice well, I mean 3-4 pulls and its dry as a bone and is burning cotton.
Where as the MXv2's juice well is really deep, can take etleast 10 nice pulls before its dry, also the mxv2 deck with 4 posts is 10000x better, so much easier to build dual coils, and so much better screws and easyer to centre the coils for the air flow.

So im taking a MXv2 deck, all it needs is a slightly thicker O ring, and ill use the airek outter shell with it.
But then onto the next problem with the airek, the top cap has a tiny 510, so theres twice as much air flow options than the 510 drip tip can even handle anyway so its a waste!.
So im taking the vertex V2 top cap which fits snug as a bug, and going to drill out the sides of it to make new air flow holes.

IMG_6548.jpg

Looks quite nice actually :D

also, the vertex v2's drip tip the wider bore one that I opted for. never going to use the vertex so don't mind cutting it up.

IMG_6549.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Well last night I mixed three juices - drunk. Not a great idea.

On the plus side, I received some nice twisted kanthal from the vape mesh company.

I made a spaced, 4 wrapped 0.8ohm coil. I then tried the Pancake wick for the crappy Lemo drop and finally 30 watts and no burnt hits! oh and tried the tip someone posted earlier of turning upside down and loosing the top cap until bubbles appear.

Compared to the new Atlantis and Subtank mini its pretty meh.

Associate
Morning Guys & Gals

I'm currently using (http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co...er-kits/starter-kits/tornado-v3-products.html) and i want to step up my vaping up a notch.
I've only been vaping a week and i find it a very good replacement for cigarettes, i was smoking 20/30 a day and with this ecig I've gone down to 0 cigarettes in the space of a week. The problem I'm having is that I'm on my ecig every 5 mins all through out the day so I'm after something more substantial .

Could someone point me in the right direction about the 2 products I've linked below. Would they bee a good set-up for me coming from the v3 (Above) to the combination below?

Sigelei 150w Box Mod
http://greyhaze.co.uk/products/sigelei-150w-box-mod

Kanger Subtank Mini
http://greyhaze.co.uk/products/kanger-subtank-mini

Also would they be right for me as a next step up from what I'm using or would anyone have any recommendations?

Soldato
Well iv been ambitious and brilliant.

Iv taken a angle grinder to the vertex 2 top cap and sliced it open.

could have done a neater job with a dremmel, but it works exactly how I planned on the airek outter barrel, I wanted the top three big holes open, not the bottom three so that iv got a deeper juice well. + the mutation V2 deck which has a deeper juice well than the aireks anyway. and well yeah with new orings the whole lot fits together perfectly :D

also I can still adjust the airflow down to two holes open.

+ also the way I cut the vertex 2 top cap it still works like normal on the vertex, tho cant single coil but I never do anyway.

but yeah success all around, the vertex mutation x airek mashup, someone think of a name for it :D

Soldato
Morning Guys & Gals

I'm currently using (http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co...er-kits/starter-kits/tornado-v3-products.html) and i want to step up my vaping up a notch.
I've only been vaping a week and i find it a very good replacement for cigarettes, i was smoking 20/30 a day and with this ecig I've gone down to 0 cigarettes in the space of a week. The problem I'm having is that I'm on my ecig every 5 mins all through out the day so I'm after something more substantial .

Could someone point me in the right direction about the 2 products I've linked below. Would they bee a good set-up for me coming from the v3 (Above) to the combination below?

Sigelei 150w Box Mod
http://greyhaze.co.uk/products/sigelei-150w-box-mod

Kanger Subtank Mini
http://greyhaze.co.uk/products/kanger-subtank-mini

Also would they be right for me as a next step up from what I'm using or would anyone have any recommendations?

I have the 150w sigelei, Its fantastic!! I did the cheap mod then variable then mech mods then to the 150w

I wish I had just gone straight in and got one! cant go wrong with it. You will never be wishing you had more power but its there if you need it

Subtank is a great way to get into sub ohm and trying to rebuild on the spare base

If you don't mind the inital outlay then 100% go for it. If you want to save a few quid you could get the sigelei 100w Plus. But the 150w looks better :cool:

The sigelei mini 50w would also be fine with the subtank which is even cheaper still
You will need to buy some high quality batteries for any box you buy, efest purples, Sony vtc or Lg. And a decent battery charger or you will destroy the electronics in the box

Last edited:
Associate
I have the 150w sigelei, Its fantastic!! I did the cheap mod then variable then mech mods then to the 150w

I wish I had just gone straight in and got one! cant go wrong with it. You will never be wishing you had more power but its there if you need it

Subtank is a great way to get into sub ohm and trying to rebuild on the spare base

If you don't mind the inital outlay then 100% go for it. If you want to save a few quid you could get the sigelei 100w Plus. But the 150w looks better :cool:

The sigelei mini 50w would also be fine with the subtank which is even cheaper still
You will need to buy some high quality batteries for any box you buy, efest purples, Sony vtc or Lg. And a decent battery charger or you will destroy the electronics in the box

batteries was my next question but you've answered it in your edit.
my only other question is where do I get replacement coils from for the kanger I cant find them anywhere.

Soldato
batteries was my next question but you've answered it in your edit.
my only other question is where do I get replacement coils from for the kanger I cant find them anywhere.

You have to rotate batteries in the box, so number them when you get them 1 and 2 and every charge swap them around.

Never!!!! use the batteries from the box for anything else they are for that box and that box only

Grey haze sell the coils

http://greyhaze.co.uk/products/kanger-subtank-coil-head

Associate
You have to rotate batteries in the box, so number them when you get them 1 and 2 and every charge swap them around.

Never!!!! use the batteries from the box for anything else they are for that box and that box only

Grey haze sell the coils

http://greyhaze.co.uk/products/kanger-subtank-coil-head

I'm glad I've read up on batteries at first when I was going to buy one I would have just put normal AA in their.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom