***The Vapers Lounge*** 3.0

Caporegime
Put the airflow to two vertical slots and enjoy the flavour ;)

Yeh played around with the airflow slots and the 2 vertical ones seem to be best.

TBH the juice I'm running in it is pretty crap, strawberry vanilla so pretty sweet juice but seeing as I'm hooked on the Malaysian e juices with koolada, trying to finish the juice off.

But so far I like the troll v2 rda, I'm pretty sure once I juice it up with some decent juice...it will be amazing.

Soldato
On the serpent mini, how do I take apart the tank? Is it screwed in some way or does it pull apart?

Also trying one of my first DIY mixes and its not great.
I mixed 50/50 it seems quite watery, using FA flavours, custard 4% and vanilla 3% and its not a good flavour, appox 3 weeks steeping.

Last edited:
Caporegime
On the serpent mini, how do I take apart the tank? Is it screwed in some way or does it pull apart?

I mixed 50/50 it seems quite watery, using FA flavours, custard 4% and vanilla 3% and its not a good flavour, appox 3 weeks steeping.

Yeh it pulls off but be careful when pulling it apart as you can crack the glass.

I just usually unscrew the top part ie where it says serpent mini then unscrew the bottom half then slightly tug the glass tank off.

Pretty easy once you know how to do it and so easy to clean as well. Just cleaned mine out a little while ago. Replaced the boring white o rings with the supplied blue ones.

Gee

Gee

Soldato

What made you choose to mix it at 50/50? Why is the flavour not great too? May be able to offer some help.

Underboss
Picked up my liquid bar juice this morning as I got red carded yesterday.

It all smells very nice, I've tried the Blueberry & Cream dots but seems to be a very muted flavour - think I will leave them on the shelf for a couple of months.

Still can't complain at a 70% saving.

Soldato
What made you choose to mix it at 50/50? Why is the flavour not great too? May be able to offer some help.
In my head it was a good place to "start" in truth i didn't realize I prefer the thicker look.
The flacours seem to be absent, nothing overly strong and no flavor winning out, I tried the FA custard 3.14 something, in work cant remember the name mixed the same ratio, and it tasted nearly the exact same.

Ill mix another two this weekend to leave to steep, Not sure what to try in terms of flvour though, its it possible I used to much?

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Because in ni in febuary, 70/30 or higher does not work outside lol

60/40 is my Winter ratio.

Picked up my liquid bar juice this morning as I got red carded yesterday.

It all smells very nice, I've tried the Blueberry & Cream dots but seems to be a very muted flavour - think I will leave them on the shelf for a couple of months.

Still can't complain at a 70% saving.

What flavour is muted? The Blueberry or Cream?

Soldato
Most stuff from wireandstuff is very good, though the best wire I've used lately is some howing fused Clapton wire (26*2/34) from FT, was something like £3.50 a spool, dual 6 wraps at 2.5 or 3mm comes in around 0.2 and only needs 60w or so for a really nice vape.

Thanks pgi, will take a look at it.

In the mean time, did end up making some of my own out of impatience, 26g K1 wrapped in 32g nichrome, a fantastic vape! :)

Here is my liquidbar haul :D Currently vaping on Froops, very milky!

JkwGxvT.jpg

Gee

Gee

Soldato
In my head it was a good place to "start" in truth i didn't realize I prefer the thicker look.
The flacours seem to be absent, nothing overly strong and no flavor winning out, I tried the FA custard 3.14 something, in work cant remember the name mixed the same ratio, and it tasted nearly the exact same.

Ill mix another two this weekend to leave to steep, Not sure what to try in terms of flvour though, its it possible I used to much?

First off, download the "tasting notes" .pdf from www.hicsmixes.com. It lists every FA concentrates, what percentage to use and the flavour profile of said concentrate.
__

A common mistake people make with FA concentrates is that they think they need stupid high percentages for flavour. This is wrong. You need to finesse the recipe slightly and do your research before. Off the bat I'd say Custard at 4% and Vanilla at 3% is too high imo.

IIRC FA Custard has a slight citrus tang when you first mix it, a week plus in a dark space will mellow out this citrus and the full flavour of the custard will come out.

If you're a newbie in DIY mixing, start off with fruit flavours. I cannot stress this enough. Read the tasting notes I posted above first to get an idea of what goes well with what.

FA Fuji Apple - 4%
FA Forest Fruits - 3%

FA Fuji - 2%
FA Watermelon (Red Summer) - 3%
FA Strawberry (Red Touch) - 3%

FA Kiwi - 3%
FA Watermelon - 3%
FA Marshmellow - 0.5%

Simple recipes like this will get you into the swing of things. Once you get the hang of it, check r/diy_ejuice and Vaping Underground for bakery/creamy type recipes if that's the flavour profile you are after.

As I've said many of times in this thread, do your research before. Look at the resources available online for recipes you like the sound of then go from there.

Soldato
Hmm okay, then I might jsut have to buy a load of fruit flavors and start playing, maybe just make up really small batches for one tank to try?

Gee

Gee

Soldato
I'd say the blueberry, it's there but not as strong as the cream. It's almost a subtle undertone where I thought the cream would have taken that role.

Probably just needs a good steep.

Probably.

Hmm okay, then I might jsut have to buy a load of fruit flavors and start playing, maybe just make up really small batches for one tank to try?

If you're mixing by weight then you shouldn't really have an issue with small batches. 30ml or so will be easier than 10ml though imo. I'd do that.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Your taste buds will appreciate the extra PG. You also taste bakery flavours better in the cold months. Get mixing!

Soldato
My order was placed 13th Feb and I'm yet to receive a dispatched email from The Liquid Bar? Did you guy's get another other emails than the "Order accepted and were getting things ready etc"?

Soldato
I ordered a couple of 30ml bottles from jackamoojuice, 5 different flavours, so far ive only tried two, Custard Creams which seams nice and Scream, which reminds me of the drink, cream soda, and im loving it, will no doubt be ordering bigger bottles soon, looking forward to trying the Jam Donut, jam rolly polly and Strawberry chews next...

Gee

Gee

Soldato
I ordered a couple of 30ml bottles from jackamoojuice, 5 different flavours, so far ive only tried two, Custard Creams which seams nice and Scream, which reminds me of the drink, cream soda, and im loving it, will no doubt be ordering bigger bottles soon, looking forward to trying the Jam Donut, jam rolly polly and Strawberry chews next...

May have asked you this before so if I did I apologise, but have you thought about going down the DIY route, Tweak?

Back
Top Bottom