***The Vapers Lounge*** 3.0

Soldato
got my Troll RTA today, not impressed so far, still looking for the right build, going to try fused claptons next.

Edit nope not getting on with it at all, flavour is muted which is a suprise have tryed 3 different juices and 3 builds.

Last edited:
Soldato
Although tempting don't crowd the deck in it, so airflow gets all over the coils, i tend to build with 3mm ID, which also happens to be perfect for the wick ports. Also try notching the airflow down to around 2/3 open and see how you get on, wide open isn't always best :)

Goon 24 clone is a winner, as far as i can see it's as close to 1:1 as it gets, got a single staggered-staple fused Clapton in, 4 wraps, 0.13ohms, 65w, delicious. At last something i can use these huge coils in.

Caporegime
Yep as pgi said don't shove your cotton into the wick holes, it's tempting to do it and it will vape but flavour won't be that great.

I've got a pair of fused claptons running on my troll rta, 2.5mm id and at .36ohms. Vapes well and delicious flavour coming from it.

I've only put a little bit of cotton into the wick holes and it's working brilliantly.

Love the troll rta, just not a fan of it guzzling juice like a v8 engine does lol.

Soldato
Ive rebuilt it again and built the limitless exactly the same for a taste test..the strange thing is that it wouldnt even fire on my hpriv had to put it on the lavabox...going to give it a blast right now...ok clouds but no flavour 4 wraps flat fused at .3 comes out at .1 and at 100W, i have to be doing something wrong.

Associate
Right lads... I have vaped probably in the region of £100 worth of liquid, at normal prices, in a month... Luckily I got it 75% off, but still, what do I do because I dont think ive been over-vaping lol, DIY route or any good sales on liquid in need of some more haha

Soldato
Ive rebuilt it again and built the limitless exactly the same for a taste test..the strange thing is that it wouldnt even fire on my hpriv had to put it on the lavabox...going to give it a blast right now...ok clouds but no flavour 4 wraps flat fused at .3 comes out at .1 and at 100W, i have to be doing something wrong.

Had the exact same situation when I first got the Troll RTA.
Lots of clouds but the favour was very muted.

Went through a few builds. Then finally it just worked. Oh my lord, what flavour.

All I can think I did differently was to use less cotton (thinner) through the the coil.

Associate
Still undecided on mods... Missed out on the DNA200, the 250w is appealing due to people saying it oozes quality, but finding the Wismec Reuleaux RX300 very very appealing because of the cost, its battery ability, and its high power output potential... £55 doesnt seem bad at all to me

Last edited:
Associate
Had the exact same situation when I first got the Troll RTA.
Lots of clouds but the favour was very muted.

Went through a few builds. Then finally it just worked. Oh my lord, what flavour.

All I can think I did differently was to use less cotton (thinner) through the the coil.

What build do you have on it?

I'm struggling with it, I've tried pre-made and homemade coils, SS and Kathal. My Griffins 22mm & 25mm just blow it away for flavour, using a simple UD spaced clapton (26/32) kanthal build 5/6 wrap 3mm.

Permabanned
What build do you have on it?

I'm struggling with it, I've tried pre-made and homemade coils, SS and Kathal. My Griffins 22mm & 25mm just blow it away for flavour, using a simple UD spaced clapton (26/32) kanthal build 5/6 wrap 3mm.

I honestly think it's a preference thing. Had mine for 2-3 weeks, tried every wick job and coil combo known to man kind in it and never managed to get especially superb flavour from it. Wasn't bad by any means, just no better then any other RTA I've had. Swapped it for a friends Pharaoh in the end, actually much prefer that.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Flavour from my Troll has been spot on, in fact it's probably one of the best tanks I've had for flavour. Not really a fancy build in there either, 3mm clapton wire from Vape Atomiser Mesh.

I think the height at which you have the coils above the air holes affects the flavour from my experience. You don't want it too high. Probably 4-5mm above the air holes.

Caporegime
Flavour from my Troll has been spot on, in fact it's probably one of the best tanks I've had for flavour. Not really a fancy build in there either, 3mm clapton wire from Vape Atomiser Mesh.

I think the height at which you have the coils above the air holes affects the flavour from my experience. You don't want it too high. Probably 4-5mm above the air holes.
4-5mm above the airholes is pretty high, I have mine about a mm up from air holes. As in it is sitting very close to the airholes, I get excellent flavour from the troll no matter what juice I put in there.

Even on my 2 serpent mini's my coils sit very low over the air holes. Again flavour is immense, so yeh probably right saying how high your coils also affects the flavour.

Will try and see what happens if I raise the coils higher.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
4-5mm above the airholes is pretty high, I have mine about a mm up from air holes. As in it is sitting very close to the airholes, I get excellent flavour from the troll no matter what juice I put in there.

Even on my 2 serpent mini's my coils sit very low over the air holes. Again flavour is immense, so yeh probably right saying how high your coils also affects the flavour.

It might not be 4-5mm actually, haha.

I basically have my coils like this image:
the-troll-rta-s.s-2.jpg

I don't push them down further or anything like that.

Soldato

Would be great if you could post a pic of your build. Maybe then I can work out why it's very hit and miss for me

Back
Top Bottom