***The Vapers Lounge*** 3.0

Gee

Gee

Soldato
so hello fellow vapers from a vape n00b - any advice welcome (I've read the 1st post and previous 10 pages)

Any bit of kit is good as long as it keeps you off the fags mate. You'll probably find the first two weeks tough so my advice would be to stick to it!!

Soldato
Has anyone got comments on the Geekvape GBOX squonker at all? I've been having so many problems with RTAs that I'm starting to think that using an RDA with a squonk mod is the way to go. The GBOX seems to be dual battery which is good, and I could get the Drop RDA to go with it. Seems to be $67 from Geek Vape which is reasonable I guess.

Soldato
Thinking of trying vaping again as went back on cigs since middle of last year, cost is killing me.

I've stopped yesterday on cigs but I dunno how long I can hold out.

If I go vaping what's a mod and tank to get at a vape shop that I can vape along time on as a bit of a chain smoker. I used to have Pico and melo3 mini which I liked but it made big clouds and want to avoid clouds as it looks stupid if u have company over or somit.

Is there anything good for say 30 quid for a easy setup. Still got 18530 or somit batteries I think, used to make coils but stopped vaping as sick of doing ur own coils so I'd buy things u put in tanks.

Don't want dry hits, think a vape under 30w. I often bought juices that tasted nice once but I never got that taste again on the 2nd or third vape after first, why was that and how to avoid it so if I got apple pie flavours I'd always get it and never weakens. This I really want to get right.

Any suggestions then?

Caporegime
Has anyone got comments on the Geekvape GBOX squonker at all? I've been having so many problems with RTAs that I'm starting to think that using an RDA with a squonk mod is the way to go. The GBOX seems to be dual battery which is good, and I could get the Drop RDA to go with it. Seems to be $67 from Geek Vape which is reasonable I guess.

I’ve heard it’s pretty decent, dual regulated mod. I had a look at one but found it too big so ended up with a hotcig rsq. The rsq is a single battery mod and I usually get a days vape out of it. But I’ve got a few batteries charged up so just swap and change v

Hated nautilus mini it was crap, and reviews of naut 2 says it leaks so nah won't get that. Never Gona buy a tank that leaks I don't want the hassle of it.

Good luck in finding a tank that doesn’t leak lol. In my experience they all leak to varying degrees v

Gee

Gee

Soldato

What issues are you having with RTA's?

Associate
I'm still using my OBS Crius as I think it's awesome. It doesn't leak, it has good flavour and is easy to build on.
I've had the same coils in now for about 3 months. I just dry burn them, give them a quick scrub with an old toothbrush and then re-wick once a week.

Soldato
What issues are you having with RTA's?

Leaking. I follow the instructions on YouTube as closely as I can and still can't get it to work right. Had the problem with the Boreas V2 and now the Bravo. I'll keep trying, but at this stage, I want to vape and not worry about getting everything perfect.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Leaking. I follow the instructions on YouTube as closely as I can and still can't get it to work right. Had the problem with the Boreas V2 and now the Bravo. I'll keep trying, but at this stage, I want to vape and not worry about getting everything perfect.

Honestly mate, leaking is mostly down to how you've built and more importantly wicked it. I have the Wotofo Bravo and I believe a few others on here do, so I'm sure we can offer some assistance.

Associate

As a 2 battery option its great for the money, theres no reason it should not be in your arsenal if battery life and over 75/80 watts are desired. It will cope with the Drop fine.
If you get fedup playing with your rta`s, you may find rdta`s less fussy with wicking.

Soldato
Mike Vapes Wotofo Recurve rda looks interesting(looks like his signature has jumped ship from VV with Wotofo), similar airflow to the Kylin Mini deck, single coil and heard today that it's quite good if you are into a more restrictive vape, he also has a squonk mod coming...

Last edited:
Soldato
Honestly mate, leaking is mostly down to how you've built and more importantly wicked it. I have the Wotofo Bravo and I believe a few others on here do, so I'm sure we can offer some assistance.

I'll try and post some photos of what I am doing when I next sit down and have another attempt and see what you guys say.

As a 2 battery option its great for the money, theres no reason it should not be in your arsenal if battery life and over 75/80 watts are desired. It will cope with the Drop fine.
If you get fedup playing with your rta`s, you may find rdta`s less fussy with wicking.

Yeah, I considered an RDTA. Could be the best of both worlds. I'll do some research on YouTube on the subject.

Do you know of any good recent RDTAs that are currently available?

Associate
I'll try and post some photos of what I am doing when I next sit down and have another attempt and see what you guys say.

Yeah, I considered an RDTA. Could be the best of both worlds. I'll do some research on YouTube on the subject.

Do you know of any good recent RDTAs that are currently available?

I have not bought a new one for a while, since starting squonking i mainly use RDA`s but occasionally dig them out.
I have a Limtless classic and an avacado 24, either work well, i prefer to use the Gaia by Cthulu, great flavour and a Squonk pin, the ultimate lazy mans squonk.

Soldato
I bought a cool fire IV TC 18650 for 29 quid, came with battery and charger kit. Bought a cleito exo tank for £25 ish as women said it's good and shouldn't leak. Bought 3 vv juices, rhubarb and custard, Heisenberg, applicious. 6mg each tho thought i asked for 3mg, u think I did ok setup wise, I'm just hoping and I should have asked really this, that it's nota cloud chucker as want to avoid that and just exhale a normal amount of vapor.

I'd show a photo of the stuff but dunno what host to use these days.

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh dear I think I've just wasted 25 on clieto exo, it's too airy and drip tip is rather big, I'm struggling to vape it 40w as takes awhile to get going apparently and at 50 it's a tad warm I'm couching with a draw I can't get used to. Any tips, I used to handle the melo3 at 30 to 50 on 0.3ohm coil, it wasn't as airy I don't think and drop dip wasn't as big iirc.

Is it just because I haven't vaped in a year and I could get the hang of soon or should I have gone for a different tank.

Oh and it's taken half my 10ml already without vaping due to sucking in the juice, lol. Guess that won't last long, grr.

Edit, kinda getting used to it now. Tho did get juice in my mouth, stupid thing, when u try topping up, after u screw top on it sinks in level I dunno why but when I tipped tipped it upside down loads of juice came out of air slits and drip tip grr, managed to sort it but flavours gone a bit for some reason. But I'll keep trying.

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh dear I think I've just wasted 25 on clieto exo, it's too airy and drip tip is rather big, I'm struggling to vape it 40w as takes awhile to get going apparently and at 50 it's a tad warm I'm couching with a draw I can't get used to. Any tips, I used to handle the melo3 at 30 to 50 on 0.3ohm coil, it wasn't as airy I don't think and drop dip wasn't as big iirc.

Is it just because I haven't vaped in a year and I could get the hang of soon or should I have gone for a different tank.

Oh and it's taken half my 10ml already without vaping due to sucking in the juice, lol. Guess that won't last long, grr.

Edit, kinda getting used to it now. Tho did get juice in my mouth, stupid thing, when u try topping up, after u screw top on it sinks in level I dunno why but when I tipped tipped it upside down loads of juice came out of air slits and drip tip grr, managed to sort it but flavours gone a bit for some reason. But I'll keep trying.

You've got to own the big air flow tanks, firm constant inhales (o-er!) otherwise it just sits at the back of your throat i find. you'll get used to it and soon be on the cleito 120 :D

That's quite normal for the level to go down when you screw the top on as the top pressurises the tank to some degree so pushes it through the cotton. thicker fluids wont seep so much.

If it is to airy you could block one of the air holes off with your finger and reduce the wattage, wait a second or so before inhaling to allow it to ramp up.

Back
Top Bottom