***The Vapers Lounge*** 3.0

Caporegime
Finding Replay to be a bit meh, it's a bit eratic that it can just drop off the watts on a fully juiced cotton, hoping it'll get better when they iron out the kinks.

And I lost my lovely Lost Vape theme, think that's killing me more:p, LV said they are releasing the mirage Replay next week, so I'll try and load that one on.

I can't enable non supported coils either in Escribe for whatever reason so a parallel SS/Ni80 coil didn't work, not really a fan of SS.

@dhill Sony Vtc5 is only 20w, 5a is 25w, better triple check your battery wattage!
For me it’s working like a dream, I’ve oretty much vaped my rda bone dry today without having to worry about burnt cotton. I have noticed though the power has dropped as the cotton gets dry, guess there must be some sort of temp control coming into play as the coil gets dry.

Yeh losing the themes sucks, I had a nice therion one on my mod but had to default to normal in order to get replay. Hopefully the guy who made the original theme will get round to updating it for replay as it gave me the info I needed on screen.

On another note I managed to snag a couple of gold vapcell 20700 batteries from fogstar for about £25 posted. They are Sanyo A rewrapped batteries which are meant to be the top 20700 batteries. So quite chuffed with that, been after a pair for the past couple of months. I’ve also got a pair of ijoy 5 leg 20700’s as well but the vapcell batteries seem to be better.

Associate
Not sure why ss/ni80 coils are not working with replay, it says they should.Tried ti, NiFe coills both work fine.
But for me either ss 316l fused clapton or just straight ss 316l coils are absolutly spot on in my drippers.
Recurve on my bf with replay is an absolute dream to use.

yw60UWz.jpg.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Don't think Replay's for me in its early stage on the Therion BF, went back to wattage mode and happy days again, got my LV theme back too.

Recurve's ordered last Friday arrived today too so, first impressions very restrictive, if you like loads of air, it's not for you, instantly feel it's a good one, but, I do tend to think that most of the time, we'll see if it's as good in a week or two.

Soldato
Where's a good site to order coils from I need to order either cleito 0.4ohm originals or the exo ones. Shop near me sells exo ones for near 4 quid for one I told em it's expensive compared to online she didn't say much..

I like the exo ones but I don't like them eating up loads of juice I mean a 4 quid 10ml is done in a few days instead of a week.. plus I have a feeling my coolfire IV 18650 version isn't great at high watts, got better clouds from a Pico with a melo3 mini compared to cf4 75w version with cleito exo tank.

Anyhow so best place for 100% genuine ones that don't cost brick store prices? Hopefully free postage as they barely weigh anything.

Permabanned
Where's a good site to order coils from I need to order either cleito 0.4ohm originals or the exo ones. Shop near me sells exo ones for near 4 quid for one I told em it's expensive compared to online she didn't say much..

I like the exo ones but I don't like them eating up loads of juice I mean a 4 quid 10ml is done in a few days instead of a week.. plus I have a feeling my coolfire IV 18650 version isn't great at high watts, got better clouds from a Pico with a melo3 mini compared to cf4 75w version with cleito exo tank.

Anyhow so best place for 100% genuine ones that don't cost brick store prices? Hopefully free postage as they barely weigh anything.

Just mix your own juice, can make about 100ml for five or six quid, then dont worry about caning 10 ml in a few days. :p

Soldato
Guys, Geekvape Zeus RTA single coil or OBS Nano? I'm pretty much ready to pull the trigger with FT on the Zeus, a blue one I think. However, I prefer an airy vape and I believe the OBS is more airy. And apparently the wicking is quite fussy on the Zeus.

I'm going for top airflow now because I'm fed up with leaking and juice all over my hand and I believe both of these are completely leakproof. No leaks is my priority here. 4ml and 5.3ml tanks, but both are decent enough size.

FT have discontinued the OBS Nano, and most places in the UK are out of stock except for one at around £26. FT have the Zeus for about £18 on a special discount coupon 'MAP'. All reviews are very good, saying good build quality, finish, flavour and leakproof.

Anyone know if they're both as leakproof as each other? Not too bothered if one has better flavour but a guy called Moonshine Vaper made a comparison video of both and said the Zeus puts the OBS Nano (which he'd been using daily for a year) to shame on flavour, even with the Nano at 60w and the Zeus at 50w. Can I remove and rebuild the decks on either while juice is in the tank?

Last edited:
Associate
The obs nano is indeed 100% leak proof, personally never had 1 single leak from it.The build deck has plenty of room to fit a fused clapton on it so can produce pretty good flavour.
One tip if you do go for the nano, Do not poke your cotton into the juice holes, lay the cotton Across the holes and it will wick perfectly.
Cant help with the zeus as i have not tried it.
You can remove the build deck on the nano even with a full tank, its extremly easy to build on but you do have to wrap your coils so that the legs fit in the posts, as one post hole is higher than the other.
hope that helps merlin.

Associate
Have built 2 DNA250c mods & really like the Replay mode.
Did work straight away with tri core fused Clapton.s(2 x ss304 , 1 NI80 wrapped with 40 gauge NI80)
But over the last few weeks have fiddled with it to get the vape more to my liking.
The place in Escribe to change Replay settings for Viable/Dubious coils is select Mod & then Safety(bottom of the list).
DNA250c'smal.jpg

Mod on the left is a Stealthvape NLS G5 mod with a 4 cell 2200 mah Lipo.
Mod on the right is a Modcrate chassis with Black carbon Kirinite sides & front panel 3 cell 3000 mah Lipo.
Small hole just above screen is so i can see the onboard LED colours , makes it easy to see when it is charging,
The clear acrylic buttons on the right side mod actually show the LED as well in dimmer light

Soldato
The obs nano is indeed 100% leak proof, personally never had 1 single leak from it.The build deck has plenty of room to fit a fused clapton on it so can produce pretty good flavour.
One tip if you do go for the nano, Do not poke your cotton into the juice holes, lay the cotton Across the holes and it will wick perfectly.
Cant help with the zeus as i have not tried it.
You can remove the build deck on the nano even with a full tank, its extremly easy to build on but you do have to wrap your coils so that the legs fit in the posts, as one post hole is higher than the other.
hope that helps merlin.

Very helpful indeed eola, thanks. It certainly looks like the OBS is the one to get.

Soldato
Guys, Geekvape Zeus RTA single coil or OBS Nano?

Can't help with the nano, but the Zeus I can, upright it's 100% leak proof, but if it falls on it's side(and left for a while) or manages to tips downward in your pocket with the air vents open, it will leak a little over time, but if you close off the air flow before pocketing it, it won't leak.

Wicking is hit and miss, can wick it fine everything is good, next wick, it can dry hit, it's very particular for wicking imo and for that reason, it only gets a try out now and again when I fancy a change.

Flavour is a bit muted over other tanks, but when you get the wicking spot on, it's really enjoyable vape, if it wasn't as fussy for the wicking it would be used a lot more.

By no means am I an expert builder/wick, simply average, if your skills are (probably:p)better, it could be more rewarding.

Oh and the Engine II is out, I'd guess in a month or two and we'll see a Nano II, so could get a cheap Zeus and save up for the Nano II.

The place in Escribe to change Replay settings for Viable/Dubious coils is select Mod & then Safety(bottom of the list).

Thanks, I'll need to have another look, might just give Replay another go as just received some SS Alien Claptons I could try on it.

Soldato
Can't help with the nano, but the Zeus I can, upright it's 100% leak proof, but if it falls on it's side(and left for a while) or manages to tips downward in your pocket with the air vents open, it will leak a little over time, but if you close off the air flow before pocketing it, it won't leak.

Wicking is hit and miss, can wick it fine everything is good, next wick, it can dry hit, it's very particular for wicking imo and for that reason, it only gets a try out now and again when I fancy a change.

Flavour is a bit muted over other tanks, but when you get the wicking spot on, it's really enjoyable vape, if it wasn't as fussy for the wicking it would be used a lot more.

By no means am I an expert builder/wick, simply average, if your skills are (probably:p)better, it could be more rewarding.

Oh and the Engine II is out, I'd guess in a month or two and we'll see a Nano II, so could get a cheap Zeus and save up for the Nano II.

My skills are average :D I don't mind tinkering really, it's fun. That said, I'd still prefer one that is less prone to dry hits. Might do what you suggest, get a cheap Zeus from FT and wait to see if there'll be a Nano 2.

Soldato
Bought some concentrates tonight.

TPA strawberry ripe 10ml
Cap vanilla custard v1 10ml
Cap cinn Danish swirl v1 10ml
Double apple cap 10ml
Apple pie cap 10ml
Lemon cake inawera 10ml

Came to 10.84 delivered from vapable with code and points.

I'm hoping to make muffin man clone, a lemon pound cake, and something with strawberry maybe a strawberry cake and custard.

Might need a hand with ideas for strawberry recipie and percentages later if that's ok.

Last edited:
Associate
Couldn't help myself, last thing I bought was the therion c bf and entheon rda. On a single 18650 @0.4 ohm would cane battery quickly.

Then I saw the lost vape furyan mech squonker and 21700 batteries and splurged. ( the ultem was irresistible!) I did consider a ds dual mech squonker but it's fugly.

Damn you lost vape!!!

Associate
Battery life on my therion dna75c bf is that great to be honest even with just a straight .4 coil.
Picked a pulse 80w bf the other day, hate to admit it but it reallly is a decent little squonk mod for £40, a sanyo20700b has been lasting a full day with a .4 coil.
great little mod for out and about and work.

Soldato
Just started vaping using a MyBlu due to the small size and ease of use. Will try holding off upgrading to a full on mod etc as long as I can :p

One thing I will do though is attempt to refill the pods as there's a pretty limited choice. Can anyone recommend some good E-liquid? I usually like something fruity with a mint/menthol cooling hit in the background. For example I love Watermelon Mint & Apple Mint Shisha, so anything close to that would be good.

I did come across the 'Nasty Juice' brand which seems to be popular and well reviewed. Thinking I might try 'Devil Teeth' which is Melon & Mint. Any others I should look at?

Caporegime
Nasty juice are fine, I used to vape their juices but not so much anymore. Other juices you should look at are the fantasi range, monsta vape and a new one called brew empire. All the ones I mentioned do menthol/cool fruity juices.

Also have a look at mixing your own juices. Far cheaper in the long run as some of he above juices are £10-15 a bottle for 60ml.

Soldato
Nasty juice are fine, I used to vape their juices but not so much anymore. Other juices you should look at are the fantasi range, monsta vape and a new one called brew empire. All the ones I mentioned do menthol/cool fruity juices.

Also have a look at mixing your own juices. Far cheaper in the long run as some of he above juices are £10-15 a bottle for 60ml.
Thanks, i actually ended up popping into the vape shop next door to my office and asked them. They advised against the Nasty Juice as it's apparently too thick for refilling my MyBlu pods, so I've gone for 'Element Watermelon Chill' instead.

Back
Top Bottom