***The Vapers Lounge***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I already have the Paps X :)

Its my 1st "High End" mod so I dont really have anything to compare it to. BUT the build quality is spot on. It has a fair bit of weight to it especially with a KFL sitting on top. The threads are as smooth as that guy from Corry whats his face...Ah Nigel Havers. The fire button is also spot on. Is it worth £155, TBH I would say no mod is worth £155 but it was a 40th Birthday present from the missus so ho hum

Just having a look at the Paps and the Nemesis both had a go with the KFL sitting on top and IMHO they both look as good as one another only one was £155 and the other was about £20?

Last edited:
Soldato
For anyone sceptical about the Kick, for the £8 delivered FT are asking, I'd say go for it!
I have a Sigelei v1 Kick (the same as the one FT are selling) and have also been able to compare it to the v2. There's not much difference between the two - v1 upper limit of 12W and v2 15W.

The opinion: "sticking a Kick in a Mech Mod is pointless - might as well get a VV/VW device" is usually offered by those yet to try a Kick and here's why: it's not just for vaping at 12W. In fact, sticking a Kick in a 18500 mod, along with an 18350 battery and then cranking the Kick up to 12W is bloody stupid. The battery will last literally minutes (about 20, with chain vaping). Same goes for an 18650 mod and a 500 battery... Good as 12W on a 1.3ohm microcoil with cotton tastes, it's not the sole purpose of the Kick, rather an optional perk.
I have my Kick in my Private v2 with an 18350 IMR battery, rather than just a 500 alone. A coil at 1.5-1.8ohms and the Kick set to 7/8W means the battery is then regulated and provides a consistent vape from a freshly charged 18350 800mAh for longer than I can get out of just the 18500, without the bell curve experience as the battery discharges. Same goes for 18500 +Kick vs just 18650's, etc.

I don't want to take my heavy, knackered and ugly Vamo out. I don't want a Provari (I personally think they're ugly). I can't justify a Semovar let alone a Mark Bugs Wizard Evolved (yet!). Whilst there are many other VW devices, (with a couple of exceptions) none are as pretty or reliable as the Mechanicals in the price range.
The Kick allows me variety in my coil rebuilding, or to swap a 1.0 ohm dual coil dripper for a 1.8 ohm KFL, or 1.5 ohm Aga TD, without being too concerned about the Amp rating of the batteries.

And finally,
It's also another layer of protection between the batteries and my face....

Soldato
To those sent to sleep by my last post - don't worry; the next one will have pictures of what's currently sat on my desk...

... It's a KRAKEN & VICIOUS ANT CHAPLIN DRIP Tip...

... and a CHI YOU...

And if the maker has kept his word (after the absolute PITA of ordering!)...

... A LUXE MODS 18350 GENESIS HYBRID in brushed stainless steel...

Or I could do a Jaffa and just say I've got these things... :rolleyes:

Soldato
ooh nice one lets have a look at the pic with the kayfun on? apologies also for my poor behaviour. i honestly dont mean anything by it. going through a rough time i shouldnt bring it here it was out of order. should stay offline when ive had too much to drink and im in that zone. it wont happen again.

It's fine lol. I'm not really vaping a great deal right now as EVERYTHING is making me gag as flu has turned to full on Bronchitis again...struggling to eat/drink and use inhaler...

Anyway, I will get a picture later, around dinner, once I return home from getting COD...I will also post a pic with the RSST on, the RSST cotton wick I made, and some vaper with it...

V_R

V_R

Soldato
For anyone sceptical about the Kick, for the £8 delivered FT are asking, I'd say go for it!
I have a Sigelei v1 Kick (the same as the one FT are selling) and have also been able to compare it to the v2. There's not much difference between the two - v1 upper limit of 12W and v2 15W.

The opinion: "sticking a Kick in a Mech Mod is pointless - might as well get a VV/VW device" is usually offered by those yet to try a Kick and here's why: it's not just for vaping at 12W. In fact, sticking a Kick in a 18500 mod, along with an 18350 battery and then cranking the Kick up to 12W is bloody stupid. The battery will last literally minutes (about 20, with chain vaping). Same goes for an 18650 mod and a 500 battery... Good as 12W on a 1.3ohm microcoil with cotton tastes, it's not the sole purpose of the Kick, rather an optional perk.
I have my Kick in my Private v2 with an 18350 IMR battery, rather than just a 500 alone. A coil at 1.5-1.8ohms and the Kick set to 7/8W means the battery is then regulated and provides a consistent vape from a freshly charged 18350 800mAh for longer than I can get out of just the 18500, without the bell curve experience as the battery discharges. Same goes for 18500 +Kick vs just 18650's, etc.

I don't want to take my heavy, knackered and ugly Vamo out. I don't want a Provari (I personally think they're ugly). I can't justify a Semovar let alone a Mark Bugs Wizard Evolved (yet!). Whilst there are many other VW devices, (with a couple of exceptions) none are as pretty or reliable as the Mechanicals in the price range.
The Kick allows me variety in my coil rebuilding, or to swap a 1.0 ohm dual coil dripper for a 1.8 ohm KFL, or 1.5 ohm Aga TD, without being too concerned about the Amp rating of the batteries.

And finally,
It's also another layer of protection between the batteries and my face....

Good explanation, I'll admit I said that and I've never tried one, but after reading that I see the reasons behind them now. Cheers. :)

Soldato
lh5n.jpg

Nemesis + KFL

ebnp.jpg

Nemesis + RSST and a K100 + Protank 2

nqnh.jpg

All my things :)

yq3u.jpg

Cotton wick/micro-coil RSST? How does it vape?

j85r.jpg

Not bad, full of flavour!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom