The Witcher series (Netflix)

taB

taB

Associate
The books are really good and the translation excellent. If you've played the games then it explains a lot of what happened before. Very much looking forward to this.

Soldato
I am torn about this, I fear that Yenn and Ciri have been miscast, but Cavil seems to really nail it.. I hope for the best with this and hope that I am wrong.

After playing Witcher 3 for hundreds of hours, initially I too found them a little off but after jumping back into the books that feeling has gone, I think they will do just fine.

Caporegime
I have literally no idea what’s what in the timeline but is this TV series going to deal with the Thanedd incident, which confused the heck out of me in Witcher 2 game, as there’s a sorcerer in it but he’s never really explained and how the lodge of sorceresses came to be, etc.

Caporegime
I have literally no idea what’s what in the timeline but is this TV series going to deal with the Thanedd incident, which confused the heck out of me in Witcher 2 game, as there’s a sorcerer in it but he’s never really explained and how the lodge of sorceresses came to be, etc.

Yep that is from the books.

Associate
Should anyone watch this today as it is released could they confirm the amount of 'adult' content in it (nudity etc) as I may watch this with my 16 year old. He is mature enough to cope with most of the content but lots of nudity is just uncomfortable for all of us....

Thanks

Edit - actually it seems like this is a 15 rated (I expected it to be 18) so not an issue...

Last edited:
Caporegime
Should anyone watch this today as it is released could they confirm the amount of 'adult' content in it (nudity etc) as I may watch this with my 16 year old. He is mature enough to cope with most of the content but lots of nudity is just uncomfortable for all of us....

Thanks

Edit - actually it seems like this is a 15 rated (I expected it to be 18) so not an issue...

There is definitely nudity, and I'm only 10 mins in.

Caporegime

Thanks

I'm sure he's seen worse.

Caporegime
Yeah, I don't want to watch it until it goes dark later on.

I've done a quick summary if anyone is interested.

1 - The End's Beginning (61m)
Hostile townsfolk and a cunning mage greet Geralt in the town of Blaviken. Ciri finds her royal world upended when Nilfgaard sets its sights on Cintra.

2 - Four Marks (60m)
Bullied and neglected, Yennefer accidentally finds a means of escape. Geralt's hunt for a so-called devil goes to hell. Ciri seeks safety in numbers.

3 - Betrayer Moon (67m)
Geralt takes on another Witcher's unfinished business in a kingdom stalked by a ferocious beast. At a brutal cost, Yennefer forges a magical new future.

4 - Of Banquets, ********... (62m)
Against his better judgement, Geralt accompanies Jaskier to a royal ball. Ciri wanders into an enchanted forest. Yennefer tries to protect her charges.

5 - Bottled Appetites (69m)
Heedless of warnings, Yennefer looks for a cure to restore what she's lost. Geralt inadvertently puts Jaskier in peril. The search for Ciri intensifies.

6 - Rare Species (59m)
A mysterious man tries to entice Geralt to join a hunt for a rampaging dragon, a quest that attracts a familiar face. Ciri questions who she can trust.

7 - Before A Fall (47m)
With the Continent at risk from Nilfgaard's rising power, Yennefer revisits her past, while Geralt reconsiders his obligation to the Law of Surprise.

8 - Much More (59m)
A terrifying pack of foes lays Geralt low. Yennefer and her fellow mages prepare to fight back. A shaken Ciri depends on the kindness of a stranger.

NB. Jaskier is the original Polish name for Dandelion.

Back
Top Bottom