theHunter: Call of the Wild

Caporegime
well as many of you know i play theHunter and the team Expansive Worlds sister to company of Avalanche studios have just announced a new hunting game on a brand new engine trailer here

theHunter: Call of the Wild

you can register for the beta here

http://callofthewild.thehunter.com/en/#

the specs are very high.

i5 min i7 recommended.its going to be a great looking game.awesome to have the game brought upto date. :cool:

Caporegime
OP
hunting is a massive deal.

there is a very small amount of hunting games.this is on a brand new engine.

i5 min spec,i7 recommended.its going to look stunning.

i originally got into the classic version from this very forums.its been one of the best games i ever played.period.

if you play theHunter you will know its not about getting the rarest.its a whole community game.lots play it comps every day prizes.also steep learning curve.

Caporegime
OP
Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
well after most of today on this.beta started earlier today. i can say the more i play the more im impressed.one thing i will say is you need a decent pc.

i5 minimum.no corners cut that is the minimum.decent card also. i wouldnt even play it with less than a 970/290 at 1080.1440 youll need 1070 or 1080. 4k 2 cards.

stunning looks seems a bit consoley until you get used to how it plays and how the game works. i would say almost totally different game from the original.

the more you play the more you unlock, develop, learn.also more of the hunting grounds is discovered opened up.its HUGE !

Caporegime
OP
Is it proper multi threaded then?

If the CPU resources are for animal AI then colour me interested.

not sure but what i know is the render distance and sheer size never seen anything like it.ran through different forests land types for over 1 and half hrs :eek: and i wasnt even anywhere on the part of the map id opened :p. all different scenary.cant wait to get back onto it now.see what i can discover.

:cool:

Caporegime
OP
new surprise they just announced another reserve for the game. looks amazing. :cool:

now you know why the spec is one of the highest needed for any video game.

Caporegime
OP
I would imagine this would be amazing in VR.

970M @ 1080p likely to be playable?

should be okay probably if turn some settings down.once you turn stuff up fps takes a hit.when you see the areas though you know why.stunning.

been recording most of day so new video up soon.

Caporegime
OP
yes its okay to earn the money but you need the experience aswell.it will keep the game going for a long while as it takes time to build it up.which is good tbh.

im aiming for the .270. when you trying to down the bigger animals with a .243 it is a challenge :p

just had a piebald moose which was cool near balmont lake.

Caporegime
OP
only two reserves at moment but they are absolutley huge.take many hrs to run from one end to the other.

some people might not know but you can turn off many notifications for things that make it easier.also yes there maybe more animals in certain areas but you wont take a lot down.shots have to be precise vital hits then animals unless a stone kill shot will still need to be tracked.many deer are in groups naturally. also time of day and location play a very big factor.to what animals are doing and where they are located.

ive been hunting elk today.new video going up shortly.nearly got my .270 now so i will be glad to get rid of the .243.:D

Caporegime
OP
looks like it's merged into the main game.
managed to get a few kills in today, even got a black bear too, quite lucky really as it only appeared because the blacktail spooked it and I saw it in the distance and it reared up on its hind legs so I thought what the hell, shot it in the back :cool:
I'm also getting very peed off with tapping W, do't want to use a controller so will wait for a mod or a patch to sort it.
graphics are a bit rubbish even on Ultra when not able to run at native resolution. :mad:
will have to wait for another patch for that too.

you dont have to keep tapping w. use auto walk if you need to then stop.press w .

generally i hold shift to run.finger on w hold down let off when needed to.you stop no need to tap any button.graphics are stunning if you can run the higher res and settings to match.sucks if your isn catered for which im sure they will fix soon.

Caporegime
OP
theHunter classic and this are two different products from two different teams who work in the same place.its so both partys are catered for in hunting games.

exrayted yep if you find and click on a track the same animal will be all blue tracks. for the guy who is asking about do the animals scatter range of shot you take can play a massive part.

if i shoot from 100m most animals will all bolt off after i fire . fire at longer ranges and some will often stay.there is bullet drop and after certain ranges it really comes into its own.also wind direction.the view distance is upto 500m.ive done shots upto about 400m.which take quite a bit of working out.

the teams will be back at work so hopefully some patches soon.

Caporegime
OP
go to the big lakes at certain times there can be whole herds of animals of different species.then pick the one you want.times of day and location is very important to what you will find.

just remember though that if you kill animals in a certain area frequently the hunting pressure will rise.this is shown by a purple pink area on your map.this means animals will avoid that area while its like it and not visit as much.

Caporegime
OP
Enjoy your videos. Thought being a seasoned hunter, you'd have all the visual aids turned off? ;)

im playing like a new player.also there are a few bugs like certain things not saving so i do turn some notifications off but they come back on :p

its a brand new game on brand new engine in 2017. i expect some bugs.theHunter classic is 8 years old now.so with some patches it will be a really great game.cant expect perfection on release for any game now days.its normal practice.

got my .270 warden rifle loving it.:cool:

Caporegime
OP
Really does look great! Been watching some of yours vids. Do you only YT or have you dabbled in live streaming?

Currently selling loads of cards on Steam marketplace, so once this gives me back a bit of money I'll make the purchase.

i have had twitch set up for ages but never bothered.just stick to videoing.glad you like the videos.:cool:

Caporegime
OP
Sadly no ultra wide here! I have however read what your experiencing is normal for this game on uw.

So starting to get the hang of this and bagged quite a few animals tonight even a black bear with the basic rifle, one shotted through left lung.

Two questions:

My difficulty is seeing the animals and whilst I have the glowing outline on it never actually works, anyone else get the glowing animal outline to appear? I only want it on whilst I'm learning the game.

Ok so perhaps a more important question but I've run out of ammo and can't seem to buy any! How do I do this? All rifle ammo in the cache box is locked.

you go to your camp site shop box and buy the default .243 ammo.unless you have other .243 ammo unlocked.like poly tip bullets. so whatever rifle you using you use the same ammo time. the default gun is a .243. 250 for 10.

Back
Top Bottom