There's a bug wandering round in my TFT!

Associate
There is another thread about this - found it last year (but can't find it now) after I noticed one happily walking round in circles inside my samsung 205 monitor.

Various 'solutions' were suggested - some funnier than others - but practically best solution appears to be pack up the monitor(airtight!) during the season or as the little b..... are 'probably' attracted to the heat/light of the monitor place a nice bright light alongside the vents to attract 'em.

The one I saw crawled off screen , fortunately :)

Associate
I just had one appear today damn annoying, I just moved my finger near to it and pushed down (being careful not to squish it) and it did move briefly towards the bottom. But try as I might cant persuade the little critter to move any further so am just hoping he will do so of his own accord.

Associate
What has saved me this year.....so far anyway is putting up net curtains. My house has fields on both sides so every year is a problem. Net curtains this year have worked so far. My older brother who has had the same monitor longer than me has never had a problem before and has had net curtains up in his room the whole time.

Commissario
Well I now have the same problem!!:( I have a thundefly sat bang in the middle of my screen I think he is dead as he has not moved in 24 hours.Also something slightly bigger has died near the top of the screen in the middle.
This all happened yesterday!

Have tried a hoover in the back and the torch idea but with no Joy.

Anyone with a IIyama E1900s who has managed to take there screen apart to remove the vermin? Instructions would be great:D

Last edited:
Associate
I've seen so many of these threads and almost laughed at the little buggers in some of the pics within the 3-400 monitors..... until today and i've got 3 in my dgm 24" wondering about :(

Soldato
Well they dont tell you about this when you buy an LCD. I read this thread yesterday and thought it quite amusing and as i type this a little critter is crawling around aimlessly inside my screen.

Can someone write a program that creates a path for them to walk to the edge please :cool:. Love the maze idea.

Are there some websites they prefer to others :D If he goes out the wrong way he'll walk onto my secondary monitor :D

Last edited:
Soldato
lol just tried a little Paint test and set him up with some different colour boxes, the little guy doesnt seem to care which colour he's under so i cant guide him out :( although he does NOT like the cursor being on him!

Back
Top Bottom