thermaltake soprano silver no window

Soldato
hey, my first post, i was thinking of this case for my second build, i wanted the windowed version, but this is the one OC sells, and i wanted to know if anyone had any pictures of this case with hardware installed, and what experiance they had had with it, quality etc, i looked through the new case thread but couldn't see it, maybe i just missed it, but thanks anyway :p

Associate
Hi There

Welcome to the OcUK forums make shure you have a read of the FAQ

I'v got a ThermalTake Soprano with a window. Realy good build quality and very strong. I'm getting a DFI lanparty so the case is empty but I will try and find some older pics. :)

Last edited:
Associate
Here you go :D

soprano001yn1.jpg

soprano002uz6.jpg

soprano004gs9.jpg

Its a nice case :)

Soldato
I've also got the windowed version, it's a nice case, looks good, has very good airflow, the only downside is the cheap flimsy door and the pointless locks on the window and front of the case. :)

Associate
I really like this case too, the fans are good quality and pretty quiet too.

As a previous poster said, the locking mechanism on the door isn't very well designed - but the paint jobs are good and the tool-less drive mounting system is useful. The ports usually reserved for front-mounted positions on other cases are on the top of this case, under a spring-loaded flap, so take this into consideration also.

It comes with a polishing cloth too, which I find makes an excellent spectacle-cleaner also! :cool: :cool:

Soldato
Here's mine, I recently rewired the inside as it was so untidy at first. :D

First built May 2006:

Installed an Arctic Freezer Pro 7 to cool down my Pentium D 930 OC'd to 4ghz:

Rewired yesterday, took out the graphics cards and all my 3 hard drives:

Soldato
OP
thanks a lot guys, really helped, but i put in for some extra over time at work and i think i'm gonna get the tsunami :D , black windowed, they look pretty similar though, so it still helped to see space wise etc, thanks for the pics

i'll be changing all three fans for coolink, mainly so i can stick the free ones (or at least one of them) in my sonata II :rolleyes:

thanks again :)

Soldato
Does anyone else have the same case as me? I'm thinking about fitting some cold cathodes but I'm not sure where is the best place to install them inside the case.

Thanks

smsmasters said:
Here's mine, I recently rewired the inside as it was so untidy at first. :D

First built May 2006:

Installed an Arctic Freezer Pro 7 to cool down my Pentium D 930 OC'd to 4ghz:

Rewired yesterday, took out the graphics cards and all my 3 hard drives:

Soldato
bringerofdecay said:
thanks a lot guys, really helped, but i put in for some extra over time at work and i think i'm gonna get the tsunami :D , black windowed, they look pretty similar though, so it still helped to see space wise etc, thanks for the pics

i'll be changing all three fans for coolink, mainly so i can stick the free ones (or at least one of them) in my sonata II :rolleyes:

thanks again :)

The front fan might be a bit hard to replace. I don't know how. :(

Soldato
The front fan is very easy to replace, there are easy release catches holding the front of the case, just press them from inside the case and hey presto, you should now be able to unscrew the front fan and replace it. :)

Soldato
Linoge said:
The front fan is very easy to replace, there are easy release catches holding the front of the case, just press them from inside the case and hey presto, you should now be able to unscrew the front fan and replace it. :)

But isn't it a bit hard to remove the fan from the inside after? The hard drives cages are blocking it.

Soldato
smsmasters said:
But isn't it a bit hard to remove the fan from the inside after? The hard drives cages are blocking it.

No, you just angle the fan and remove it. It's the first thing I did when I got this case, to replace all the fans with Akasa 120mm ambers. :)

Soldato
Linoge said:
No, you just angle the fan and remove it. It's the first thing I did when I got this case, to replace all the fans with Akasa 120mm ambers. :)

Nice, I might try that. Do the Akasa 120mm fans blow more air, quieter?

Soldato
i cant say the original fans are loud at all. mine arent anyway, and believe me ive got a quiet pc. if you wanted to do thats i'd suggest getting the system up and running in the case first before spending 15-20 on replacing the case fans if theres nothing wrong with them:)

Soldato
smsmasters said:
Nice, I might try that. Do the Akasa 120mm fans blow more air, quieter?

They can blow more air at quieter volumes, and they have a nice sweet spot when you have them all connected to a fan controller and you lower the voltage, they are very quiet.

james.miller said:
i cant say the original fans are loud at all. mine arent anyway, and believe me ive got a quiet pc. if you wanted to do thats i'd suggest getting the system up and running in the case first before spending 15-20 on replacing the case fans if theres nothing wrong with them:)

True, but I already had a few spare Akasa Ambers lying about the place, the stock fans you get with this case are quite good and quite silent.

Soldato
OP
james.miller said:

yes, thats a good idea if you do not intend to use one of the fans for your older antec sonata system, and i wanted to continue the blue theme from the front LED's, so it made sense to get the coolink fans...i didnt want the case to glow to much, hence i'm not getting blue LED fans...but i will be getting 1-2 blue cathodes, and zalman aero flower (LED version) and the zalman LED graphics cooler, so BLUE :p :rolleyes:

Associate
james.miller said:

Yea I must say there very quiet but thats because they hardly blow any air :p

Back
Top Bottom