Things I don't like (TIDL) thread

RxR

RxR

Soldato
Of course, some people are genetically susceptible to dying from smoking. As they don't know who they are, they are right to be concerned.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Smokers who refer to their factory pre-made cigarettes as 'tailor-made', rather than those actually hand-rolled to the smokers' own individual preferences... especially those who then brag about their 'tailor-made' suits compared to the 'off-the-shelf' stuff that other people are wearing.
...Golden Virginia man?

Soldato
Indeed. It's the same with alcoholics that think brushing their teeth or having something strong in flavour to eat will mask/remove the smell of the alcohol. It really doesn't.

Indeed.

It simply doesn't work. If you want to smoke and smell like smoke and fags, fine - so be it - but masking it only makes it worse for everyone else.

Soldato
Do people have enough time to understand everything they use? It sounds like you used an example that you know well, I'd be surprised if you can say the same for most things you use on a daily basis.
I'm not talking having an expert knowledge of everything, but at least having some understanding of the workings behind the things we use. I guess I've always been inquisitive so attempt to at least work out how most things operate if I use them. It just annoys me when people don't care and don't want to find out.

Man of Honour
People who don't try to understand things they use.

Like cars, most people just know how to drive them but don't understand how they actually work and thus don't look after them mechanically.

I learned a valuable lesson one day in the early 90s.
In Stoke I was one of the first people building & repairing PCs from 1988 (hence my Man Of Honour) but in the early 90s I'd built a system for a workmate.
He had a problem so bought it back and I eventually fixed it.
The following day at work I gave him a detailed run down of what I tried and did and after a while he just said "Dave will you just STFU, I want to turn it on and it works, I DGAF about what you did, you're seriously boring me" :)

Back
Top Bottom