Things I don't like (TIDL) thread

Commissario
OP
People that have their phone volume turned up to max, it rings and then they sit and stare at it for a good 20 seconds before answering it!

Soldato
Christmas lights that tie themselves into knots over the summer. I put them away carefully rolled up and come back to something that look like 5 crazed kittens have gone mad with a ball of wool.

I did an incredible job of our lights last year. Turns out I got a piece of cardboard and wrapped them round with a little flag to indicate where the start of the lights are. They went up beautifully, called myself a genius all the way through......turned out I'd lost the plug.

Associate
Getting threatened with physical violence for the crime of nearly getting run over whilst on a pavement and on the other side of a stop sign that a driver chose to ignore. Genuinely thought the vein in the driver's forehead was going to pop too, although admittedly I probably wouldn't have found that so annoying.

Honestly what is wrong with people?

Last edited:
Soldato
When an application checks on the SQL server version and locks support for an arbitrary reason, It's only really there to force continual spend with the software provider in upgrades.

Soldato
Geese, like what the hell is their problem? I had to pass one on Friday while walking along the canal, usually if I see them they'll be either in the water or on the other side.

This time it was just stood on the path, meaning I had to pass close by. Started hissing at me and fluffing up the feathers as I passed. Luckily it wasn't the white ones we sometines see as they can be even more aggressive...

Yesterday when I walked on the canal, it was in the water. Walked on minding my own business, waited until I was a little head, started making that loud sound and flew a little up the canal towards me.

Soldato
Geese, like what the hell is their problem? I had to pass one on Friday while walking along the canal, usually if I see them they'll be either in the water or on the other side.

This time it was just stood on the path, meaning I had to pass close by. Started hissing at me and fluffing up the feathers as I passed. Luckily it wasn't the white ones we sometines see as they can be even more aggressive...

Yesterday when I walked on the canal, it was in the water. Walked on minding my own business, waited until I was a little head, started making that loud sound and flew a little up the canal towards me.
Is this you?

xB5J74Dl.jpg

Permabanned
Luckily I've never had to run away or defend myself yet. Avoid them at all costs

I was attacked by a swan when I was a kid and have had a burning hatred of them ever since. Walking down the park, or by the river, if I see one I'm mentally going through 101 different ways I can choke it out and break it's neck, just in case. When it comes to Geese, my grandmother grew up on a farm and they kept Geese for protection.

Soldato
Homeowners, recreate that windy bin day morning feeling by detonating several tonnes of high explosive inside your local council landfill site.

Soldato
Probably posted already ... People(female) at till's who pack there bags then spend 5mins looking for a purse then which card to use . You've been queuing for 5 mins couldn't you have got your card ready . I end up tapping my fingers on the conveyor and if they turn a round I give a cheesy smile :D

Man of Honour
Probably posted already ... People(female) at till's who pack there bags then spend 5mins looking for a purse then which card to use . You've been queuing for 5 mins couldn't you have got your card ready . I end up tapping my fingers on the conveyor and if they turn a round I give a cheesy smile :D

This was a common occurrence when I was driving a London Black Cab.
Women, (almost always women), would hail me, and ask for e.g. Kings Road, Chelsea.
I’d ask if they wanted anywhere particular, and they’d say, I’ll tell you when I see the shop that I want.
Inevitably they’d shout, “This is it, stop here driver!”, as I was inside the studs of a pedestrian crossing.
A stream of heated disapproval would be hurled at me as I tried to explain that I had to clear the crossing and then stop.
Then, when I had stopped, they’d rummage in their bag for their purse, faff about looking for change, or say, “Can you change a fifty, or shall I look in my other bag for a Debit Card?”
Drivers behind were all muttering about damned taxi drivers.

Man of Honour
Something new I don't like that I experienced recently. People who absolutely must deal with work emails when they are not at work. Like out for lunch, you don't get paid lunch breaks, so instead of enjoying the present company, why suddenly start replying to emails when they come in?!

Silly.

Also people who abuse apostrophes and misuse their/there/they're. Not pointing fingers though......... Not at all @pinkpound :D

:p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom