Things I don't like (TIDL) thread

Soldato
Something new I don't like that I experienced recently. People who absolutely must deal with work emails when they are not at work. Like out for lunch, you don't get paid lunch breaks, so instead of enjoying the present company, why suddenly start replying to emails when they come in?!

Silly.

ALso people who abuse postrophes and mis-use their/there/they're. Not pointing fingers though......... Not at all @pinkpound :mad:

:p

People who use the " :mad:" smilie at this joyful time of the year :p

Soldato
Something new I don't like that I experienced recently. People who absolutely must deal with work emails when they are not at work. Like out for lunch, you don't get paid lunch breaks, so instead of enjoying the present company, why suddenly start replying to emails when they come in?!

Silly.

Also people who abuse apostrophes and misuse their/there/they're. Not pointing fingers though......... Not at all @pinkpound :D

There was an interview on the radio the other day about the Apostrophe Protection Society. :D Apparently the old chap who's run it for years has finally given up!

From the APS website:
With regret I have to announce that, after some 18 years, I have decided to close the Apostrophe Protection Society.
There are two reasons for this. One is that at 96 I am cutting back on my commitments and the second is that fewer organisations and individuals are now caring about the correct use of the apostrophe in the English Language.
We, and our many supporters worldwide, have done our best but the ignorance and laziness present in modern times have won!

http://www.apostrophe.org.uk/

Last edited:
Soldato
Councils, significantly reduce the burden of recyclable waste collection in winter by turning up two days late, by which time the wind has emptied the boxes and blown the contents all over the ******* shop.

Soldato
Councils, significantly reduce the burden of recyclable waste collection in winter by turning up two days late, by which time the wind has emptied the boxes and blown the contents all over the ******* shop.

This happened to us too. I went out in the morning and our recycling was all over the street. I had to go into various people's front gardens and pick it up. They collected it all 3 days later.

Soldato

This happened to us too. I went out in the morning and our recycling was all over the street. I had to go into various people's front gardens and pick it up. They collected it all 3 days later.

We've had this in the past where they've not come, but we have full sized wheelie-bins so I just stuck a big stone on the lid.
If you have open boxes/cartons then I implore you to contact your council to report this as it's just terrible. You really need something that can be secured better.

Soldato

I did similar on Monday. Mine was ok (I put a rock on the lid) but I spent a good 30 mins chasing around like a loon after other people's plastic and tins with a bin bag, re-filling their boxes (which were also blowing down the road), and making sure the lids were secure.

I'm half expecting the bin men to moan about the waste "not being correctly segregated".

Last edited:
Soldato
We've had this in the past where they've not come, but we have full sized wheelie-bins so I just stuck a big stone on the lid.
If you have open boxes/cartons then I implore you to contact your council to report this as it's just terrible. You really need something that can be secured better.

Our bin was super full because we had a sock in it, and they therefore wouldn't take it 2 weeks before. All the boxes were on top as there were loads of them so I thought they'd be fine, but apparently not!

I did similar on Monday. Mine was ok (I put a rock on the lid) but I spent a good 30 mins chasing around like a loon after other people's plastic and tins with a bin bag, re-filling their boxes (which were also blowing down the road), and making sure the lids were secure.

I'm half expecting the bin men to moan about the waste "not being correctly segregated".

Hah nightmare. It's so annoying!! Hopefully it won't happen to us again as all these boxes were the result of Christmas shopping.

Associate

Silly.

Also people who abuse apostrophes and misuse their/there/they're. Not pointing fingers though......... Not at all @pinkpound :D

People who says "brought" when referencing a purchase... Bitch its BOUGHT!!

Back
Top Bottom