Thinking about trying Arkham Knight again

Soldato
As I'm currently mostly enjoying Spiderman, it's had me thinking about the last barman game and how I don't think I really have it a fair chance. For a start I played the terrible pc port. I didn't give it much time as it was just a hassle to play for technical reasons.

I guess its better on PS4 in that sense. I also got put off by the batmobile stuff, but aside from that is there a good game here? Can be had in places for £10 so I'm thinking it may be worth revisiting. How does it hold up?

Soldato
OP
The PC port plays beautifully, I've completed it twice now...

It's a good game. In some respects it's the best in the series, in other respects it's the worst.

Yeah I have heard it's much better on PC now , I just have become more of a dirty console peasant in recent months so am happy to double dip pre owned if the games worth it :) in what ways would you say it's at its best?

Caporegime
The size of the play area, gliding around the city, the variety of enemies, the combat is tweaked to perfection, the graphics are as good as the series has looked etc.

The bad things are there's too much combat in the Batmobil, The story isn't as good, Some of the Riddler 'tracks' are annoying etc.

Soldato
The size of the play area, gliding around the city, the variety of enemies, the combat is tweaked to perfection, the graphics are as good as the series has looked etc.

The bad things are there's too much combat in the Batmobil, The story isn't as good, Some of the Riddler 'tracks' are annoying etc.
I think all of them have had various annoying toddler puzzles. Looks fantastic, but I agree about the bat mobile.

Soldato
I really enjoyed it, I even battled through the pc port on a little 7770.

Is too much batmobile though so if yo ureally didn't like that bit erm yeh

I've never enjoyed a batman game until this one. Played through the main story line and enjoyed it thoroughly!

Just buy the genuine version.. Definitely do not be a pirate as that version floating around has a miner built in and you won't notice for quite a while.

.. I've heard.

Associate
If you wait for a sale the complete Arkham Knight premium package regularly hits £5.99 on Fanatical.

Soldato
OP
This is the console forum chaps/chapettes, no need to worry about pirating or getting games from Fanatical :p

Indeed ;) I picked it up yesterday at CEX along with a Bluray copy of dark knight rises :) bit if a theme going on here. Only saw it once at the cinema!

I finished Spiderman so quickly fired this up! Didn't get much time on it as it had a big patch followed by a lengthy install once you are actually in the game :/

But surprised how good it still Looks, holds up well and looks sharp enough. Only issue so far is I'm used to counter on O from Spiderman, it's Triangle on batman ;)

Soldato
Arkham Knight is a great game. Just attracted a lot of negativity at launch due to it needing a mega PC to play (I had zero problems at launch or anytime actually). Recently been replaying on my Xbox1X even though the game is not X enhanced it still looks great & is a fantastic Batman Arkham game overall once you have all the Season Pass content as well. Managed to get the lot for only £19 for the GOTY Disc edition (which is hard to find as it sells out so fast!).

Hard to believe WB are not doing anymore Arkham games as well after having to refund so many for Arkham Knight on Steam :eek: cost WB a lot of money seems to have put them off doing another!

Soldato
Origins was never released on console though was it?
Its the worse Batman Arkham game by far so would not bother with it! I think its on Xbox 360 & PS3. You need the actual disc to play on box One there is no XB1 digital version currently. The game is just a poorly conceived Asylum-City hybrid.

Return To Arkham Asylum & City remastered is well worth buying though around £20 for both if you look around. Looks way better on Xbox1X and got a 60FPS patch recently. Digital Foundry hated it but not sure they had the correct HDMI cable in their XB1X as to me it looks great & is the best version of these older games now due to higher res textures & Unreal Engine 4 Shader FX!

Caporegime
Digital Foundry know what they are talking about, to accuse them of doing something as idiotic as that is very disingenuous.

Their criticism is that the patch actually runs the first game in the series at a locked 45 fps which is terrible as it isn't divisible in to 60hz, resulting in judder.

Another criticism is that the resolution of the second game is nowhere near even 1080p, despite running on a console with 6Gflops.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...ham-is-the-worst-xbox-one-x-upgrade-weve-seen

Soldato
I really need to finish Arkham Knight - got to a bit in the car underground, fighting some mole bloke thing... I dunno; probably the Knight himself - but you have to lure him down routes and he always seems to nail me just before I kill him :(

Spiderman certainly has me me want to play it again though, as AK is a stunning looking game imo.

Back
Top Bottom