This Business and Moment...

Soldato
Just moved the website to a new e-commerce platform and got our products (chargers) rendered professionally. Any chance of some constructive criticism. The website is a work in progress so don't be too harsh :D Do the products come over as looking good? Are there any glaring omissions in the website that I've overlooked?
subbytech.com

Cheers folks :)

Soldato
Just moved the website to a new e-commerce platform and got our products (chargers) rendered professionally. Any chance of some constructive criticism. The website is a work in progress so don't be too harsh :D Do the products come over as looking good? Are there any glaring omissions in the website that I've overlooked?
subbytech.com

Cheers folks :)

Unless I’m missing something, I can buy the same thing from Amazon (20,000 mah power bank) for £10 less?

Soldato
Unless I’m missing something, I can buy the same thing from Amazon (20,000 mah power bank) for £10 less?

There are cheaper ones yes, but....

"
This item does not ship to UK - Northern Ireland. Learn more
"

This is an issue for people here in Northern Ireland. I have the solution. Our product also comes with Micro USB lead, braided USB Type C cable and braided iPhone Lightning cable too. Those on amazon don't so you'd need to buy cables for your devices, our product comes with all the cables you'd need from the start. Good feedback though, I'll see if there's any leeway in price. Perhaps reduce it?

Soldato
Ok I've knocked £3 off the price, taking in mind what you said. I have higher import costs as it's northern ireland so pricing reflects that. Also this design isn't available in the UK, I'm sole distributor for this brand. I'm still finding the sweet spot for price and sales.

Soldato
Ok I've knocked £3 off the price, taking in mind what you said. I have higher import costs as it's northern ireland so pricing reflects that. Also this design isn't available in the UK, I'm sole distributor for this brand. I'm still finding the sweet spot for price and sales.

Its nice to see you are taking people feedback and adjusting price accordingly :) Shame not many business owners are like you!

Man of Honour

Are you including ones with USB C functionality? all the ones with equivalent specs/features from an established brand that I can see are about the same price give or take. Sure there are some noname knock offs floating around that are cheaper but you take your chances (the one that is £17.99 is more like 5000mah despite being listed as 20000mah).

Soldato
Would anyone here like the chance to test our new wireless charger? QI enabled 10W fast chargers. The samples won't arrive for another 2 weeks but if anyone would like the chance to try one, yes you can also keep it, can you post here?

Wireless is the way forward and will become the norm so I'm trying to get in there early. QI enabled phone needed though so looking at quite a modern iPhone, Samsung etc

There's only 1 available as the other samples are promised to my usual testers.

Caporegime
Would anyone here like the chance to test our new wireless charger? QI enabled 10W fast chargers. The samples won't arrive for another 2 weeks but if anyone would like the chance to try one, yes you can also keep it, can you post here?

Wireless is the way forward and will become the norm so I'm trying to get in there early. QI enabled phone needed though so looking at quite a modern iPhone, Samsung etc

If you're willing to send it to Portugal, then I would be happy to.

Soldato

I have a Samsung S9 Plus if that helps?

Can I ask why are the competition are not available for shipment to Northern Ireland?

Is your stock based in Northern Ireland?

Soldato
Applied for a new job last week after a long chat with a recruiter who works closely with the company I was planning to apply to anyway and thinks I have a good chance.

Been at my current place 5 and a half years and while they've been good to me in terms of career progression I'm not being paid enough for the hours I end up doing and/or don't have the support in place to allow me to work less hours. Neither of which look set to change based on certain conversations I've had.

The job I've applied for would be predominantly home based so even on the same salary I'd be £150/month better off from fuel savings alone, although I would expect the salary to be at least 10% higher too.

Caporegime
All about networking in this place.

Got a colleague who worked with him and is on good terms to introduce me, and a senior member of his team as a reference for me. Writing my introductory email now and will approach on Wednesday as hes back in the office today, lets give him a few days to breathe ;)

My colleague delivered and pinged him on Teams directly. They chatted for a bit and then my colleague told me to go ahead and email him :D

Email was sent on Wednesday evening. My colleague did say that he might take some time to get back to me but he will.

Now we wait! Also CC'd in his senior team member whom I met in Lisbon so that should spark a conversation between those two as well. Trifactor affect!

Aside from that. I'm starting my CSM training and then CaPM as well. Tis good to show willing even if I don't get the job. :)

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

1. Approached the boss about the situation regarding my pay adjustment (promised in Aug).
  2. Told that he'd escalate it again and get me an answer
  3. Got told that a senior manager would call me before Christmas (21/12 I had the call)
Despite being on £10k+ less than my colleague for the same role, they can't authorise an off-cycle pay rise and "might" be able to see about something "in a few months" in April.

I know it's first world problems but I've made it clear that it's not a rise, I just want pay parity. Either way, my motivation has taken a critical hit and will be looking for positions as a fallback come financial year :(

Soldato
  1. Approached the boss about the situation regarding my pay adjustment (promised in Aug).
  2. Told that he'd escalate it again and get me an answer
  3. Got told that a senior manager would call me before Christmas (21/12 I had the call)
Despite being on £10k+ less than my colleague for the same role, they can't authorise an off-cycle pay rise and "might" be able to see about something "in a few months" in April.

I know it's first world problems but I've made it clear that it's not a rise, I just want pay parity. Either way, my motivation has taken a critical hit and will be looking for positions as a fallback come financial year :(

I wouldn't accept that as an answer. If they really want to, they can process a pay rise (which it is) any time they like.

Soldato

Maybe you've covered this already, if so I apologise but what's your business plan? Who's your market? You seem to see having stock in NI as a differentiator but how big is the market for people that want this in NI?

How are you ensuring people find your website?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I wouldn't accept that as an answer. If they really want to, they can process a pay rise (which it is) any time they like.
No doubt, but they also have an argument that I signed on the dotted line and agreed to that contract... therefore, any rise is at their discretion?

Back
Top Bottom