This country is full of thickos.

Soldato
I got a message from somebody before that said their computer is not turning on, i showed up and saw the problem instantly, there was no computer, only a screen

Soldato
facebook also shows up the lack of intelligence in the country

Yes.

The things that gets me is people who ask questions about technology on Facebook. Most of the time it is a female and there are plenty of males ready to pounce to offer their alpha technical "advice". Which is more often than not, inaccurate.

And just asking questions in general such as:
  • "What time is to 10 o'clock news run on the BBC?"
  • "How do I backup my iTunezzz?"
  • "How do I make a cup of Tea?"

...when a quick two second Google search would suffice. Why ask on Facebook when you could find the asnwer out instantly on Google? Must be some form of damsel/male equivelent in distress attention seeking.

Its not only being a "thicko", its the complete lack of common sence in the majority of cases.

Ahh, I feel much better this morning after a good rant! :D

Soldato
The problem isn't them being thick, I find people are becoming very rude and have a "I am always right" attitude coupled with " The world owes me everything" which are very bad combinations :p

Soldato
Well one thing i will say is that some folks simply have had no technological training until very recently in their lives, whereas if you are brought up with something, it'll be an innate ability.

My father, around 75yrs would have been born into a rural household with no electricity, and thus tehcnology as we see it, is clearly generations apart. He started to use a PC about 2 years ago, and can websearch, email, word process as much as he wishes to. For technical support he calls me, and it seems like a chore at the time to explain any process to him.

One thing I will say, I'll bet he can do mental arithmetic, algebra, English language grammar and crosswords better than most on these forums, including me, in fact his generation would be disgusted and disturbed by how 'little we know' as a population now.

Still not the same as what the OP was speaking about, OP was talking stupidity, rather than lack of knowledge, there is a signifcant difference.

Soldato
this-internet-thing-is-awesome-im-gonna-be-up-all-night-well-at-least-until-10.jpg

Soldato
I would like to gauge more at female intelligence in general. Now I may come across as sexist but from my life experience, men seem to have broader knowledge than women do abuot different topics.

Most of the time I find women clueless about different issues be they political, social, economical, technological etc. You get my point;)

Soldato
Well one thing i will say is that some folks simply have had no technological training until very recently in their lives, whereas if you are brought up with something, it'll be an innate ability.

My father, around 75yrs would have been born into a rural household with no electricity, and thus tehcnology as we see it, is clearly generations apart. He started to use a PC about 2 years ago, and can websearch, email, word process as much as he wishes to. For technical support he calls me, and it seems like a chore at the time to explain any process to him.

One thing I will say, I'll bet he can do mental arithmetic, algebra, English language grammar and crosswords better than most on these forums, including me, in fact his generation would be disgusted and disturbed by how 'little we know' as a population now.

Still not the same as what the OP was speaking about, OP was talking stupidity, rather than lack of knowledge, there is a signifcant difference.

Actually studies show that people have become more intelligent and I.Q scores are miles higher than 50 years ago.

So no your "Old people are smarter and this young generation sucks" isn't really correct.

Also, old people are ******* annoying and dumb. I've had the pleasure of having 2 jobs where the main customer base was old people, from asking how to work out 10% of their bill to not understanding what a code is or that no, you can't drive 300 miles across the country and pick up their *insert no one cares item here* because they *need it*.
:rolleyes:

Soldato
Actually studies show that people have become more intelligent and I.Q scores are miles higher than 50 years ago.

So no your "Old people are smarter and this young generation sucks" isn't really correct.

Also, old people are ******* annoying and dumb. I've had the pleasure of having 2 jobs where the main customer base was old people, from asking how to work out 10% of their bill to not understanding what a code is or that no, you can't drive 300 miles across the country and pick up their *insert no one cares item here* because they *need it*.
:rolleyes:

I think it may be that in today's age, younger generation is more exposed to different environmental factors such as increased communication and are more aware of what is going on around them than their counterparts did 50 years ago.
Younger generation is more tech savvy, more flexible at adapting to modern age.
But I would say imo older generation led more quality life with less materialistic things available during their times.

Soldato

No this is not true, look at the Flynn effect.
Intelligence is increasing through each generation, this is also one of the reasons of grade inflation.

Permabanned
You need to see the film Idiocracy.

It's got electrolytes!

Such a funny film. "Ow my balls!" :D

A client phoned us to tell us that some money due to be paid to her bank account from the sale of an investment had not materialised. It was after the date at which the investment house had said it would be in her account and so I was tasked with chasing down the person from the IH who'd sent the money to her account and then the branch manager of the client's bank, who was very evasive.

After several hours of chasing people down, I was informed that the funds had been in the client's account for two days already. I phoned back the client, who, despite having the account number and sort code listed on the correspondence sent to her which she was holding in her hand, had been checking the wrong account.

I just love wasting time. It's so fulfilling.

Soldato
I think it may be that in today's age, younger generation is more exposed to different environmental factors such as increased communication and are more aware of what is going on around them than their counterparts did 50 years ago.
Younger generation is more tech savvy, more flexible at adapting to modern age.
But I would say imo older generation led more quality life with less materialistic things available during their times.

Oh they did have a better quality of life, even if they all act like martyrs :rolleyes:

Haha, my stepdad who is 50 was saying the other day, Oh ,I read in the paper that 50s ins the new 40s!

So I'm like, great, so that means I have to wait another 10 years to be economic stable and have a decent life, thanks. Yes, that's really a positive thing when you think about it :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom