This drill..

Soldato
:eek: Is that a blue or green tool? Always hear good things about Bosch from workmates, but i guess you can get manufacturing faults with any tool.
A lot of the Bosch cordless tools are over priced...

I changed most the cordless tools we have at work now to hitachi which are in a lot of cases cheaper and better..

Last edited:
Soldato
I really like the 10.8v range of tools from bosch because they are small and compact, so you cat get into tight spaces, but they are still very powerful. My drill is the smallest and the most powerful in its class apparently, but the 18v, 67nm drills look quite dam small too. My dad says thats not a real drill, its a toy drill.lol

Soldato
That does sound like a cracking deal! I have to say though I've just got home and checked out the Parkside kit and I'm really impressed, feels very solid and much closer in quality to our Bosch blue drill than I was expecting.

I picked my dad one up yesterday and completely agree. It does indeed feel very solid and feels far closer to the Bosch blue I own compared to the cheap Bosch green and Makita combi drills I have regularly used or owned on the past

Sorry but it wont be anywhere near the quality of the blue Bosch. If you really want to test it out then get the drill bit stuck on the 2nd speed and continue to pull the trigger ;).

They look the business and will be fine for DIY tasks, but don't kid yourself you have got a bargain, you do get what you pay for generally with tools.

On what basis? Have you even seen and held the Parkside drill first hand? Both Wild and I own Bosch blue drills and are comparing first impression / feel of the drill compared to them. Of course it won't be to the same spec but it's the closest budget drill I've picked up and far better than any other £40 I've used.

Soldato
On what basis? Have you even seen and held the Parkside drill first hand? Both Wild and I own Bosch blue drills and are comparing first impression / feel of the drill compared to them. Of course it won't be to the same spec but it's the closest budget drill I've picked up and far better than any other £40 I've used.

I am not doubting it feels 'solid', i am doubting that it is a top quality tool. It's £40 with a lithium battery system and out of that they need to make a profit, there will be lots of corners cut. It Might feel solid and have decent specs, but it's not going to be designed and manufactured to stand up to a lot of abuse like a more expensive drill would.

It'll be fine for DIY, which is the market it is aimed at and should give you years of service. My comment was probably more due to reading so much rubbish on other sites about these tools. People seem to think they are hand crafted in Germany and are the same inside as a trade/industrial tool.

This cheap blue Bosch drill that everyone seems to also have might have been a bad comparison as it does seem to be far below Bosch's usual quality. I am a joiner and work with different trades all the time, so get to use many different tools. Although I don't own Bosch myself, I know they are decent tools that can stand up to a lot of abuse, I have used a lot of them.

Soldato
I cannot use manual screwdrivers too well, so I bought these cheap £10-£30 powered screwdrivers and because I used them a fair bit, they only lasted me about a year before falling apart or the batteries gave up the ghost.

Then I came across the 10.8v powered screwdriver from Bosch(blue range) and yeah it was about £70-£80, but I am still using it 10yrs later with the same lithium ion battery. Its a bit tatty now but it still works as well since the day I bought it.

Now that's the diff between cheap stuff and the more expensive higher quality stuff. Plus its easier to get replacement parts too as I am going to be ordering a new battery for the screwdriver.. So in my experience if your going to be using your tools a lot, it pays to spend that little bit more.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah corded powertools are always much much more powerful then cordless anyday. But when I come to do a job I dont want to mess about with extension leads, ect. I want to get a job done and by the time I have got a corded tool set up, I could be finished, done and dusted with a cordless tool.

Soldato
Took a quick pic..

Damn.. they have the really useful feature - the belt clip (metal loop on the handle).. best thing since sliced bread being up a ladder!

Alternative for drills (including heavier) - use a figure of 8 made in flexible plastic. Pass around the ladder, through the first loop and then the drill fits into the other hole just as it does in your pic.

Soldato
How does the parkside cordless drill compare in size to the Bosch psr 1440 one if anyone has both/either. I am wanting a smallish in size cordless drill?

Soldato
OP
How does the parkside cordless drill compare in size to the Bosch psr 1440 one if anyone has both/either. I am wanting a smallish in size cordless drill?

I just measured mine. It's approx 9.25" from chuck to back, x 9.25" from the top to the bottom of battery, x 3" wide. I don't know if that's small or not.

I have a question. Does anyone know if I can buy an empty drill case to fit mine into with the handle and charger?

I know they have cutouts though like the makita and bosch ones I've seen on ebay, so not sure how well mine would fit. I prefer to get a proper briefcase style drill case than any old toolbag.

Soldato
This gives you some idea of the size of my drill, nice and small so I can get really close to a wall ect, I have scuffed up the chuck a bit getting too close tho.
DSCF7909.jpg

Soldato
I had to use our old performance power cordless drill today as my sister had my bosch drill. I hated it,, as its bigger and heavier then my drill and was real awkward to use for some reason, bit it did get the job done. Its amazing what you get use to.

Nice case for your drill Merlin, well laid out too.

Soldato
Collected my bosch one back from repair last night. Seems they fitted a new chuck. It seems to have fixed the issue but I won't know until I use it tonight. The motor is still a bit sparky but I think maybe that's expected.

Back
Top Bottom