Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Tell her to read the pot, and give it a sniff? :p
I did lol
She said "Oh I just noticed the use by is 100120 which must mean 10th Jan."
"Yes mum the 10th Jan hasnt happened yet."
"There is only a little left, I'll have ice cream instead"

Told her to check what carton says for after opening. She said earlier she has had to throw the turkey out. The turkey that was cooked a week ago. :o

@robfosters glad it's not just me lol

Caporegime
Just watched Altered Carbon on Netflix after looking for a dystopian alternative future film or series to watch, and it was excellent, best series I have watched in a very long time, and a lot of things in there which are very similar to things I had dreamed up myself for when I hope to write a book on that theme one of these days.

Soldato
God I hate inter work politics...

I'm getting fed up of one particular worker, bit of a backstory hes got the manager wrapped around his finger.

All of his children are in university but he still books every half term off. So me and the other technician have to go halfsises on the half term. So this year I get one halfterm due to this **** and my on call rota.⁷.

The worst thing is he doesn't actually go anywhere, he just sits in the house doing **** all.

So far hes booked both weeks in easter, despite being on call for one. Hes booked the October November week and two weeks in December.

Oh and he books them at 12.01 am on the first of January, so no one can get them before him.

/rant

Soldato
Anyone else seem to sleep terribly after a decent amount of time off work?

I'm not particularly dreading work and it's been an easy 2 days as everyone is still off till Monday but i slept like crap last night :(
Yep, totally lost the ability to handle early mornings. Just feel like death even though work is super relaxed.

Oh well, weekend soon!

Soldato
Anyone else seem to sleep terribly after a decent amount of time off work?

I'm not particularly dreading work and it's been an easy 2 days as everyone is still off till Monday but i slept like crap last night :(

yep i had some amazing sleep over the 12 days i was off and then new years day i slept maybe 4-5 hrs and last night about 6. Feeling it today, should be ok for next week now though.

Soldato
I haven't slept well in years :p can't wait for the day I can get a new mattress and hopefully see some improvement :)

Just started watching The Witcher. Only a few mins in and I already love Mr Cavill but dang even with his "creepy/vampire like/evil" eyes he still looks hot :o :D

Caporegime
God I hate inter work politics...

I'm getting fed up of one particular worker, bit of a backstory hes got the manager wrapped around his finger.

All of his children are in university but he still books every half term off. So me and the other technician have to go halfsises on the half term. So this year I get one halfterm due to this **** and my on call rota.⁷.

The worst thing is he doesn't actually go anywhere, he just sits in the house doing **** all.

So far hes booked both weeks in easter, despite being on call for one. Hes booked the October November week and two weeks in December.

Oh and he books them at 12.01 am on the first of January, so no one can get them before him.

/rant

If it's an issue, you take it up with management and show where you've worked the previous holidays because you've been unable to book them

Soldato
I haven't slept well in years :p can't wait for the day I can get a new mattress and hopefully see some improvement :)

Just started watching The Witcher. Only a few mins in and I already love Mr Cavill but dang even with his "creepy/vampire like/evil" eyes he still looks hot :o :D
I’ve got a really comfy mattress, you should try it :p

Chinese for tea I think, can try my new chopsticks too.

Soldato
Well, I enjoyed the Tutankhamun exhibit and my mum seemed fascinated with the concept of Uber :D and we managed to get to the train station, buy some lunch and catch the earlier train meaning I can stop into the shops on the way back #winning :cool: :p

There is a cute little girl on the train, dressed in lovely winter clothes not tracksuits like I often see. She's been telling her mum off for dropping food and talking with her mouth open whilst eating :D I'm so broody :eek: :o :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Lay awake all night, got into bed at 10pm and couldn’t sleep, ended up checking my phone every half hour and got up at half 4 as I was bored. :(

Soldato
I managed to trip over a kerb last night and have bruised/cracked my ribs. I can just about sit upright without feeling it too much but getting up/down is excruciating and I can't lie down at all. How the **** I'm going to get any sleep in the new few weeks I don't know. I'm feeling delirious just from staying up one night already. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom