This Instant And Moment - 2020!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
@Raymond Lin funnily enough I was reading an article last week about how Japan, Tokyo in particular is largely the inspiration behind the aesthetic of the cyberpunk genre. Precisely because of the kind of themes you show in your image. The high contrasting neon lights down packed alleys and streets.
The contradiction of modern, high tech lighting, screens and hoardings against the traditional goods and environment of the shopfronts.

Soldato
Sharing is caring!

And not that I can think of. Been fairly bland and boring as of late (thanks FODMAP).
Ah I'm about to try a low fodmap plan. The other one I was trying I was struggling with and I read two different articles about fodmap working better.

We will see lol.

Hmm garage called me at 11.30am saying it looks like my screen wash pump needs changing at some point (keep having issues with it) and they had a pump there so would only take an hour. Still not heard back yet though. I hate waiting around for a call, I can never relax lol

Caporegime
@Raymond Lin funnily enough I was reading an article last week about how Japan, Tokyo in particular is largely the inspiration behind the aesthetic of the cyberpunk genre. Precisely because of the kind of themes you show in your image. The high contrasting neon lights down packed alleys and streets.
The contradiction of modern, high tech lighting, screens and hoardings against the traditional goods and environment of the shopfronts.

Not sure where it started but HK also has a big neon influence, I know Ghost in the Shell sets was either based on that or filmed there.

Caporegime
Not sure where it started but HK also has a big neon influence, I know Ghost in the Shell sets was either based on that or filmed there.

I love it. Which is weird. I'm usually against industrial, urban and generally developed environments. I think it's precisely because it's almost the antitheses of this that it appeals to me so much. The bold colours, the generally dark, grimy backgrounds.

Soldato
ughhhhh!! Garage closed at 5.30pm. I've been sat waiting by the phone since 11.30am. Had no call. 5.50pm phone flashes up with a text message and a voicemail - no missed calls listed.
Listen to voicemail and I have two - one saying my car is ready and the second saying "we close in 15 mins, otherwise we will have to keep your car overnight."

I've had this happen before. The trouble is i dont notice because I'm only ever using whatsapp or Internet and being at home I'm connected to the wi fi *face/palm* I think next time I'll have to try and remember to give them my home phone number too

Soldato
ughhhhh!! Garage closed at 5.30pm. I've been sat waiting by the phone since 11.30am. Had no call. 5.50pm phone flashes up with a text message and a voicemail - no missed calls listed.
Listen to voicemail and I have two - one saying my car is ready and the second saying "we close in 15 mins, otherwise we will have to keep your car overnight."

I've had this happen before. The trouble is i dont notice because I'm only ever using whatsapp or Internet and being at home I'm connected to the wi fi *face/palm* I think next time I'll have to try and remember to give them my home phone number too
Also just phone them an hour before closing. My garage often just fail to call, then at the end of the day I call and they go "It only took an hour!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom