This Instant And Moment - 2023!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I planned :) I bought items 2 weeks ago if I had the option to freeze them. The only thing I didn't plan on was supermarkets not having stock of what I needed, along with my back locking up last weekend meaning i couldnt go out for several days. Its still agony but had to brave shops today to get the bits i couldnt get on Friday.
I don't think it's necessarily about lack of planning. It's a combination of people going mad and getting as much food as possible thus not leaving enough stock, shops then not stocking shelves quick enough for demand, people who might be working/have children to look after and that's their only chance, people waiting for pay day so they can get their food shop, people waiting for shops to make further reductions because they're trying to keep costs low/might not earn much or the odd few who forgot something because no one's perfect :)

Soldato
I'm now chilling watching TV, seeing the other half rushing around like a blue arsed fly....
I'm like "it's 1 day.... We're moving to Wales in less than 2 weeks, we have everything in storage or boxed up. I'm pretty sure they won't mind not having 1 perfect Xmas.... We really don't need to wrap presents... Just stick them in a carrier bag. But get the carrier bag back because they cost money. "

Soldato
I planned :) I bought items 2 weeks ago if I had the option to freeze them. The only thing I didn't plan on was supermarkets not having stock of what I needed, along with my back locking up last weekend meaning i couldnt go out for several days. Its still agony but had to brave shops today to get the bits i couldnt get on Friday.
I don't think it's necessarily about lack of planning. It's a combination of people going mad and getting as much food as possible thus not leaving enough stock, shops then not stocking shelves quick enough for demand, people who might be working/have children to look after and that's their only chance, people waiting for pay day so they can get their food shop, people waiting for shops to make further reductions because they're trying to keep costs low/might not earn much or the odd few who forgot something because no one's perfect :)
One issue is that some factories/farms/other production plants and warehouses are closed. This causes a break in the supply chain.

Because many people are eating Christmas food between Christmas and NY - a lot of normal food isn’t bought and therefore gets reduced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom