This Instant And Moment - 2023!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Well, at least this year I got ill after Christmas instead of coming down with Covid on Christmas day like last year. Hopefully this cold won't get to bad, but I see gin+Lemsip as my cocktail of choice for NYE.

Last edited:
Soldato
Been referred to podiatry due to constant plantar fasciitis and general foot pain from doing 20k steps at work each day. It's a video call. It's 2024 next week, not 2020/1. Surely to god they want to examine my feet properly by feel and look? Always had flat feet and my bad foot is turned in naturally - hence why I get sprains on it often. In the past, the various insoles etc gave me blisters - esp ones made from hard plastic which ended halfway along the foot. Plus was given heavy shoes which made things worse and ugly as hell

The NHS is a dumpster fire at the minute. It took a year for my daughter to see a paediatrician following concerns raised at her 2 year review. We’d hoped that that appointment would then result in some action, but no, it was just an initial triage type appointment where all they did was then refer her to yet another waiting list, when the issue is obvious, which is Autism as she has all the characteristic behaviours, while she’s almost completely non-verbal. In essence, we’ve waited a year for nothing. Or wasted a year rather.

But, on the upside, when the NHS wasted a year with my dad by repeatedly misdiagnosing his lymphoma, they killed him, so at least the stakes aren’t that high.

Last edited:
Soldato
The NHS is a dumpster fire at the minute. It took a year for my daughter to see a paediatrician following concerns raised at her 2 year review. We’d hoped that that appointment would then result in some action, but no, it was just an initial triage type appointment where all they did was then refer her to yet another waiting list, when her issue was obvious, which is Autism as she has all the characteristic behaviours, while she’s almost completely non-verbal. In essence, we’ve waited a year for nothing. Or wasted a year rather.

But, on the upside, when the NHS wasted a year with my dad by repeatedly misdiagnosing his lymphoma, they killed him, so at least the stakes aren’t that high.
How much money are the NHS are wasting adding more layers of appointments for things? I probably get to see someone face2face feeling my feet, see how I stand etc a few weeks after the video call next week.

Know someone who had major operation in Feb 2020 and their physio was given to them by text or email. Some people can’t follow these. Need someone to demonstrate to do them properly. Because of this, they didn’t do the physio properly and had a knee replacement

Soldato
On the bus home after pub night with mate. He's 60 in january, which is mental.

The guy who was vomming all over the station is on my bus, adding a touch of excitement to tge journey. Dry so far...

Soldato
my wife was watching the Masked Singer, so i decided to watch with her.

It's like god's judgement on the wicked.

Most amused to see Dionne Warwick, one of the greatest voices of the last century, losing to a rat woth a scouse accent which was singing "boom boom boom" by The Vengaboys.

Soldato
If a YouTube thumbnail has the creator with some idiotic pose (hand to forehead, grimace gurning...) the first thing I do is hit the "Don't recommend channel" button. Why on earth do they think that would make me want to watch their video?

Soldato
If a YouTube thumbnail has the creator with some idiotic pose (hand to forehead, grimace gurning...) the first thing I do is hit the "Don't recommend channel" button. Why on earth do they think that would make me want to watch their video?
I believe they do it because people are more likely to click on a video with someone’s face on it (at least that’s what creators say).

I agree it is annoying though.

Caporegime
Soldato
Does Jools’ Hootenanny and the BBC1 NYE stuff usually start as late as 11:30? My memory is rubbish so I can’t remember but thought it was usually earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom