This is getting ridiculous (energy prices - Strictly NO referrals!)

Caporegime
They are thinking of moving to 3 day week I read the other day..

They can't move to a 3 day week, parents have 5 day weeks still, unless everyone is on a 3 day week the kids may have no childcare available.

The government has warned schools in England not to send children home to save on energy costs this winter.

Soldato
They are thinking of moving to 3 day week I read the other day..
FFS! and what will happen to the work force if they are having to look after kids?

what a ****show if they can't even afford to teach our kids.

of course am sure all the private schools will stay open full time so the gap between the privalage and normal folk will get even wider

Caporegime
FFS! and what will happen to the work force if they are having to look after kids?

what a ****show if they can't even afford to teach our kids.

of course am sure all the private schools will stay open full time so the gap between the privalage and normal folk will get even wider

The government has warned schools in England not to send children home to save on energy costs this winter.

Soldato
Yup, private boarders were relatively unaffected throughout the entirety of covid, boarding classed them as a bubble so they just cracked on as usual. Still, with these schools being charities I guess thats a good thing :rolleyes:

Associate
Conspiracy time:

I just received a huge gas bill for July, usage of about 6 months of gas in one month. They said an engineer had read my meter recently (nobody has been in my place for months) and put down a figure that's way off. I emailed a photo with the correct reading and they said they will sort it, also they're installing an auto meter.

I just wonder if this is a tactic they're using to get a larger share of this government pay-out crap?

Soldato
Conspiracy time:

I just received a huge gas bill for July, usage of about 6 months of gas in one month. They said an engineer had read my meter recently (nobody has been in my place for months) and put down a figure that's way off. I emailed a photo with the correct reading and they said they will sort it, also they're installing an auto meter.

I just wonder if this is a tactic they're using to get a larger share of this government pay-out crap?

Literally makes no difference for gov pay out, they can't charge you for units you haven't used.

For gas be careful because the meter might be in either kwh or m3 (cubic meters). My smart IHD shows be in kwh, but I need to convert it back to m3 for my readings.

Back
Top Bottom