This is getting ridiculous (energy prices - Strictly NO referrals!)

Associate
A few years ago I pushed my gas and electricity bill by a few 1000s units forward when it was really cheap. in a few months I'll be pushing it back when I call up the providers, this is why I never switch to those new meters.

Isn't that fraud?

Do you shove a few extra items down your trackies when you go shopping too?
Can't be doing that, after all ... Two Wongs don't make a right :D :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Has anyone who is on Eon Next got a letter or response back about the standard charges and or response to those who just fixed before govt announcement?

I contacted them straight away after fixing and when the govt suggested they would intervene, they told me they'd be in touch with all their customers who recently fixed to let them know what is happening, with potential of changing the deal.

Still no word.
Give them time to deal with it, it’s literally been a few days since that kind of detail was decided and they’ll be customers in all different tariffs that are impacted.

Its highly probable that they have to implement software changes to keep up with all of this government intervention. It’s even more difficult if you rely on third party providers for that software.

Soldato
What is irritating is that, for Eon Next anyways, they don't show the SVR rates once you are on a fixed tariff and I cannot find a way to see them.

Anyone on EonNext Flex and have the new Oct unit rates?
Just switched to it today, from the fixed that I thought was a good call given Jan/April.. Anyways, I’ve now got:
So is it worth reverting to the current cap if I am eon next v 13?

Paying 39p electricity, 10p gas at the minute.
Has anyone who is on Eon Next got a letter or response back about the standard charges and or response to those who just fixed before govt announcement?

I contacted them straight away after fixing and when the govt suggested they would intervene, they told me they'd be in touch with all their customers who recently fixed to let them know what is happening, with potential of changing the deal.

Still no word.

They're having some issues getting the new pricing loaded into their system so no EPG prices are showing at the moment and no comms have been sent. It's top priority at the moment and ill slap a post in here once their is an update

Soldato
Sky news:
'The government has set out its plans to support companies on energy costs.
It said that a "supported wholesale price" was being set at £211 per MWh of electricity, and £75 per MWh for gas.
The government says this is equivalent to less than half the anticipated wholesale price expected this winter.
The announcement says: "This is equivalent to the wholesale element of the Energy Price Guarantee for households. It includes the removal of green levies paid by non-domestic customers who receive support under the scheme."

The scheme will apply to "all non-domestic customers" - including "all UK businesses, the voluntary sector like charities and the public sector such as schools and hospitals".

Prime Minister Truss said: "I understand the huge pressure businesses, charities and public sector organisations are facing with their energy bills, which is why we are taking immediate action to support them over the winter and protect jobs and livelihoods.

"As we are doing for consumers, our new scheme will keep their energy bills down from October, providing certainty and peace of mind.

"At the same time, we are boosting Britain's homegrown energy supply so we fix the root cause of the issues we are facing and ensure greater energy security for us all."

https://news.sky.com/story/liz-trus...johnson-12593360?postid=4504638#liveblog-body

Last edited:
Soldato
Sky news:
'The government has set out its plans to support companies on energy costs.
It said that a "supported wholesale price" was being set at £211 per MWh of electricity, and £75 per MWh for gas.
The government says this is equivalent to less than half the anticipated wholesale price expected this winter.
The announcement says: "This is equivalent to the wholesale element of the Energy Price Guarantee for households. It includes the removal of green levies paid by non-domestic customers who receive support under the scheme."

The scheme will apply to "all non-domestic customers" - including "all UK businesses, the voluntary sector like charities and the public sector such as schools and hospitals".

Prime Minister Truss said: "I understand the huge pressure businesses, charities and public sector organisations are facing with their energy bills, which is why we are taking immediate action to support them over the winter and protect jobs and livelihoods.

"As we are doing for consumers, our new scheme will keep their energy bills down from October, providing certainty and peace of mind.

"At the same time, we are boosting Britain's homegrown energy supply so we fix the root cause of the issues we are facing and ensure greater energy security for us all."

https://news.sky.com/story/liz-trus...johnson-12593360?postid=4504638#liveblog-body
So they've set the business rate for electricity at 21p per kwh? like 15p lower than the household rate?

Soldato
So they've set the business rate for electricity at 21p per kwh? like 15p lower than the household rate?

Looks like it, from the BBC

Under the scheme, revealed by the Department for Business, Energy and Industry, wholesale prices will be fixed for all non-domestic energy customers at 21.1p per kWh for electricity and 7.5p per KWh for gas for six months. Firms do not need to contact suppliers as this will be automatically applied to them.

Permabanned
She also said that they are not going to be asking people to ration electricity. So it seems supply isn’t really going to be an issue unlike previously assumed. What’s changed?

Last edited:
Soldato
She also said that they are not going to be asking people to ration electricity. So it seems supply isn’t really going to be an issue unlike previously assumed. What’s changed?

Gas prices seem to be falling like a stone. would it be possible for the Ofgem price cap to go under the government price cap? And if so would they honor it?

Back
Top Bottom