This is getting ridiculous (energy prices - Strictly NO referrals!)

Soldato
Reading is hard I see. The other poster said tax cuts would just be pocketed by the companies and I was arguing against that.

No, it's quite easy. Hagar was talking about the Fuel Duty cut not being passed on and companies pocketing the difference, you were the one who then equated that to the same scenario as an Income Tax cut and companies pocketing the difference, when they are not comparable situations at all as it doesn't work the same wiith Income Tax as it does with Fuel Duty, as I've explained.

You have also misunderstood the proposition which is; employees would be willing to accept lower gross salaries with lower income tax because their net salary would remain the same and therefore employers would offer lower gross salaries in response to reduce their costs. Not how it works in reality though.

Quite, which is why it's nonsense as it doesn't happen IRL. Anyway, it's irrelevant and OT, so back to moaning about high energy costs :)

Soldato
high exit fees on fixed contracts have always been a thing £40, or so - nothing to see their

scottishpower offer - same standing charge as all , with unit rates about 2x the svp

51967544262_e6b837ce10_o_d.jpg

fez

fez

Caporegime
As I said earlier, I can afford to ride this out, others such as my daughter will really struggle. Of course, I'll help her out if need be but is that what we're becoming as a country, having to lend a helping hand for the bare essentials?

This is the way its been for a while now.

House prices, its OK because most people who get on the housing ladder in more expensive areas are getting help from their parents or somewhere else. Energy prices? Its OK because we will help the poorest to be able to survive this and just push the burden up the ladder one rung.

This is how the world works now. Unbridled and corrupt capitalism at work. Some have so much that they literally couldn't spend their money fast enough and others are scrabbling in the dirt to survive. Being an advanced civilisation should stop this sort of thing from happening but its just getting worse.

I'm looking forward to the time when all these massive companies can replace vast swathes of their workforce with robots and completely cut out the necessity to pay wages, pensions etc and really funnel all the money to them and their mates. Its funny when you hear people talk about automation giving us a utopian future where everyone is taken care of and robots make our lives easy. That will never happen because somewhere, someone wouldn't be making as much money as they could and they won't stand for that.

As shown in this thread, plenty of people don't give a **** about anyone but themselves and their loved ones and can't look beyond their own circumstances to see that what is happening at the moment isn't good for anyone but the uber rich in the long run.

Caporegime
56p a unit for Elec...wow.

If that's a sign of things to come then it's going to be carnage.
Time to head on down to the pound shop, grab a bunch of those solar powered lights for the garden and use them in your house, then get used to eating cold food straight from a tin.

I doubt rishi rich can imagine that hard reality facing a bunch of people, he thinks everyone can afford to own a car or something.

someone should ask him to define relative poverty, I bet he thinks it's w hen your family doesn't have 1 car per adult, and kids have to share a bed room :rolleyes:

What do you mean you don't all have a different loaf of bread for the mornings? damn son you shop for your self? #TruePoverty

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

My neighbour knocked on our door last night and asked about our solar panels (we've had them since 2014).

They've said that they're investing in panels and battery storage because the energy prices are going mental. They work from home with twins, so peak users too.

Caporegime
My neighbour knocked on our door last night and asked about our solar panels (we've had them since 2014).

They've said that they're investing in panels and battery storage because the energy prices are going mental. They work from home with twins, so peak users too.
have they ever been cleaned?

Soldato
we're looking at Solar on the roof with a battery.

Unfortunately, its expensive.

Around 12k to get enough panels with a 5Kwh battery.

It may only charge 4Kwh during the sunny periods of the day (on avg)...

We use around 7-12Kwh per day based on our current usage.

Nor is it practical... would take over 12 years to pay back its cost in the savings.

Last edited:
Soldato
you have one right, do you have any book shelf speakers or other speakers with an internal amp?

i'd love to know the power draw they use when turned on and outputting no sound.
Something like 6watts turned off, changed them for some creative speakers without a sub.. Not sure how much power newer ones use with a sub.

With price increases that's like £3 a month I think

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom