This is getting ridiculous (energy prices - Strictly NO referrals!)

Soldato
OP
I think the wife has suddenly realised how serious the price rise of energy is going to affect her.
I sat down with her and said come June when our electric deal finishes you realise we will both have to be in shower at same time -
Her face was a picture you could have pushed a bus into her mouth.
I AM NOT showering with you - you smell.
I said hang on -it's your fault for feeding me cabbage/sprouts/brocolli to keep me healthy -it's not my fault I always have wind.

Hopefully I might get good old egg - chips and peas in future. :D:D

Man of Honour
We have an electric shower so I need to urge my wife to either have very quick showers or learn to have them less hot, she has it on so hot I don't know how her skin doesn't peel off.

I personally take cold shower (I have been for a while now) so at least I won't clock up any costs that way - but because they're cold I want to get in and out of the shower fairly swiftly! :D

Our electric hobs aren't efficient - but not sure what the alternative is, it's too costly to get gas ones installed (although we have gas in the house)... perhaps induction is cheaper? Still a fair cost to install I suppose.

Associate
I was on an EDF tariff that has now ended last month that was £69/month for gas and elec for my flat. EDF sent a carefully timed letter quoting my current bill will be going up from £104 (standard rate) to £140 / month woop. I've called to increase my direct debit to £140/month so spread it over the year rather than wait until July for a dd review. So mines doubled in the space of a month.

https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle...cap-change-when-next-bills-rise-again-1564634

54% rise in October, yikes
£500-£600 per month ya that's going to be fun.

I might tell the kids they can have the heating on for Xmas day as one of their gifts

And then what happens the following April?, We are talking about October but I’m worried about the next couple of years, what if we get a 50% rise on every energy cap review for the next two years or more? Surely we’re looking at poll tax riot days coming to fruition again?

Soldato
And then what happens the following April?, We are talking about October but I’m worried about the next couple of years, what if we get a 50% rise on every energy cap review for the next two years or more? Surely we’re looking at poll tax riot days coming to fruition again?
Doubt it, people will take it. Look at fuel prices, put it up 50% then a while later drop it 5% and people are grateful.

Soldato

A massive recession. Already baked in anyway the question how bad things get, people will stop eating out stop going out etc.

Soldato
A massive recession. Already baked in anyway the question how bad things get, people will stop eating out stop going out etc.
Thankfully were reasonably well off, of things get really bad that's exactly what well do, stop eating out, stop the day trips, takeaways, cut TV packages down, cut the luxury food items. Really feel for the people that are already doing that though.

Soldato
Doubt it, people will take it. Look at fuel prices, put it up 50% then a while later drop it 5% and people are grateful.

Can only take much though, everything is going up way too quick for your average household to cope without making big cuts to spending. Big cuts to spending means other companies going bust.

Soldato
Can you get induction without those ****** digital controls where you have to press the button 10 times to get to the maximum tempature?

On mine, from 0 you press down to go to 9, then up to go P which is boost mode (for boiling water etc).

Best thing is being able to set a timer when cooking rice or pasta and have it turn off itself, handy when busy doing other things at the same time.

Soldato
Yeah a few of my friends have them, despite being die-hard "only cook on gas" type of people. Maybe I'll do some research.
Just remember to make sure you get pans that are induction compatible if you haven't got them already and yes induction is awesome and much more efficient.

Back
Top Bottom