This is getting ridiculous (energy prices - Strictly NO referrals!)

Soldato
I just moved from a 2 bed flat, electric only. My average bill with Bulb was 110+ each month recently. I am now in a 3 bed victorian terrace, my first month with SoEnergy is £62 for gas and electric.

Still have another rise to come of course but pretty happy so far!

Soldato
I just moved from a 2 bed flat, electric only. My average bill with Bulb was 110+ each month recently. I am now in a 3 bed victorian terrace, my first month with SoEnergy is £62 for gas and electric.

Still have another rise to come of course but pretty happy so far!
Mid terrace? Much cheaper to heat in winter

Soldato
Satirical phrase forever associated with boris, like oven ready .. his legacy to the english language , not quite the eloquence of Greek,

there aren't intellectual computer games involving politics though - that's an oxymoron

Soldato
Business electric rates going up to 89p kWh, including VAT, from September. Pre April they were 19p kWh.
That’s an increase from about £10k pa, to over £48k pa on this bill, before the Jan and April rises drop :eek:

52280018715_418e7cfbe0_c.jpg

Associate
There's no reason that boris and the two numpties that are vying to continue the trough-fest could not sit down together and agree a way going forward.
Very true, but it's far easier to be simplistic as possible and just blame "the lefties" when Boris and his cohorts are the ones who got us into this mess.

@n111ck Are you saying Boris is a leftie now?

Caporegime
Business electric rates going up to 89p kWh, including VAT, from September. Pre April they were 19p kWh.
That’s an increase from about £10k pa, to over £48k pa on this bill, before the Jan and April rises drop :eek:

It really will be an apocalypse.
Short weeks for those who survive.
90p a unit. Unbelievable

Gym swimming pools are probably just going to evaporate

Vast numbers of job losses.

Associate
Come on, this is decades in the making. New Labour are as much to blame.

I Agree, both sides have had a hand in this. The country hasn't had a coherent energy policy for decades and we are now reaping the whirlwind as a result.

However, with that being said the Tories have been in power now for nearly 13 years and in that time have also continued to do nothing but "short-term-ism" and 0 energy planning. They cut back out gas reserves to basically 0, relying entirely on the "just in time" delivery model that capitalism love so much and now we're coming up short.

No matter which way you cut it, the Tories have had 13 years to attempt to reverse any damage caused by the last Labour government, but instead have chosen to give tax breaks to the rich, transfer more of the tax burden to the working class (Well, anyone on PAYE technically) and caused a significant portion of our NHS and care staff to leave the country due to their headlong pursuit of "The B-word".

So yes, both sides share some responsibility for our current situation, however I think it's more than reasonable to lay a greater portion of the blame at the Tories feet, since they have had almost 13 years to attempt to fix things and have instead made it far, far worse.

Man of Honour

Wonder if that is why they've been going around at work fitting timers on stuff and/or making lights motion activated rather than just on 24x7, suddenly getting around to disconnecting old lights which have just been going for years, etc. etc.

I was saying at the time the cost of the work would be way more than any electricity savings but at those kind of prices maybe not.

Wonder if we'll be banned from boiling a kettle at work, etc. LOL.

Caporegime

Wow, didnt you get yours locked in? I did our work and got 24p fixed for 4 years earlier in the year. kicked myself as could have got 14p last october for 5 years but decided it would be cheaper to leave it until this year :(

We came off the back of a 10p tariff so 24p is still going to take our work annual electric from £60k to £150k per annum. Just thankful that its not at 74.38p. That would be £444k per annum and I think that would ruin us.

Back
Top Bottom