This is getting ridiculous (energy prices - Strictly NO referrals!)

Caporegime
We don't really know TBH.
Its not really hit yet and as such we don't know how the companies will react (historic was to move to PP meters) but thats not a quick process

If enough people don't/can't pay then the companies will struggle (they still need to pay for supply). The whole thing could come crashing down.

Yep.

What we know is it has to be paid.
You won't get the raw resources if you don't pay.

So at the end of the day the government will pay. Which means we (collective) will pay.

Who specifically pays? And that choice of Truss unfortunately so probably won't be the producers profits.

Which leaves the tories stuffed.
If they won't do more wind fall tax they will have to tax ordinary people.
And with the planned tax cuts that benefits the rich (the very rich) the most

So where's she going to get the money from?
Because she's giving to the rich and letting the poor suffer/die.

There won't be any tories left soon under 100k household income.

Soldato
so i was interested to see what my new SEG rate would be as my old 4.1p one ended on 29th August.

I really cant complain about my energy, am on a sweet deal and barely use any grid electricity for 6 months of the year, but i was surprised to see my SEG roll over to 29th Aug 2023 still at 4.1p.

Soldato
You also don't get paid for solar generation until the official paperwork is approved, so yesterday I exported 5kwh of electric to the grid and will get zero for those units.

If it was the other way around you'd bet they'd be charging me for the units, day one, paperwork or none :D

Associate
I was just wondering, for anyone on solar and on an export or feed in tariff, what are you payouts like for the electric you produce and export?

I recently had mine through as I registered with British Gas back when I had my solar installed back in 2017, I just wondered if anyone had better luck than I do with my tariff?

At present I get -

Generation - 4.84p/kWh
Export - 5.99p/kWh

I remember there being different prices when joining the tariff but I wondered if anyone with a different company gave more or less cash for the solar??

Associate
not 100% sure, but i think it may get backdated when you get your paperwork through ... so get ready for that juicy 20p :D
Hope so, since install in mid July we’ve exported in excess of 500kwh, still waiting for paperwork to come through. On a good note, since batteries have been installed our export has reduced dramatically

Soldato
no idea sorry. Good news with octopus' fixed deals you can always drop out onto a different octopus tarrif if you decide the one you are on is not for you
Just switched over to Octopus but they wouldn't let me go onto the Octopus Go tariff without having an EV, he even went to go and triple check but came back an answer was no. Have swapped onto their variable (from bulb, currently also on variable) as I think they're a good company anyway. Bit miffed you are only allowed to go on amazing fixed tariff (40p day 7.5p night fixed for 12 months) if you're fortunate enough to own an EV already. Variable likely to be 54p day and 38p night come October :mad::mad::mad:

Soldato
I was just wondering, for anyone on solar and on an export or feed in tariff, what are you payouts like for the electric you produce and export?

I recently had mine through as I registered with British Gas back when I had my solar installed back in 2017, I just wondered if anyone had better luck than I do with my tariff?

At present I get -

Generation - 4.84p/kWh
Export - 5.99p/kWh

I remember there being different prices when joining the tariff but I wondered if anyone with a different company gave more or less cash for the solar??
I get 4.1p export...... I could get better but then i would be paying more for my import... so for me i am in the right place.

Soldato
Just switched over to Octopus but they wouldn't let me go onto the Octopus Go tariff without having an EV, he even went to go and triple check but came back an answer was no. Have swapped onto their variable (from bulb, currently also on variable) as I think they're a good company anyway. Bit miffed you are only allowed to go on amazing fixed tariff (40p day 7.5p night fixed for 12 months) if you're fortunate enough to own an EV already. Variable likely to be 54p day and 38p night come October :mad::mad::mad:
so this was a mostly pie in the sky chat i was having on an EV forum, but someone was selling a really old, and barely runnable electric car for under 4k. i cant remember the model... but the point of the discussion was if we should all club in and set it up as the forum mule, buy it, go onto Go, then sell it again at cost.

like i said was just a hypothetical chat and no one was serious, but i could imagine some people doing that.

Soldato
I was put on a tariff where they just gave me 50% of what I generated, I'd get in export whatever I actually exported might have been different but I still got 50%. Do you have that?
i am pre coffee so sorry if i am being thick but i dont follow... do you meant they gave you 50% of the kwh of energy you exported back for free on import when you need it? I do not have that. I think some states in the us do it, and it would be brilliant.

i am pre coffee so sorry if i am being thick but i dont follow... do you meant they gave you 50% of the kwh of energy you exported back for free on import when you need it? I do not have that. I think some states in the us do it, and it would be brilliant.

Sounds like hes talking about FIT, that was assumed you export 50% no actuals taken into account

Associate
Yes its part of the FIT payment, I get 18.xxxp per unit generated + 50% of that number @ 5.xxxp deemed export.

Works out to 20-21p for every unit you generate via solar, in my case 3200-3500 a year ( pays 700-750 a year)

Associate
Sounds like hes talking about FIT, that was assumed you export 50% no actuals taken into account
I am indeed, sorry, trying to upgrade a system and talk doesn't do well for english.....
I get 50% but it’s a fit payment which works out something like 17-18p kw
When roughly did you have your panels?? When mine where installed, the rates where terrible but the cost of the solar was a lot less compared to what it was previously...
Yes its part of the FIT payment, I get 18.xxxp per unit generated + 50% of that number @ 5.xxxp deemed export.

Works out to 20-21p for every unit you generate via solar, in my case 3200-3500 a year ( pays 700-750 a year)
When did you get your solar installed?? That's a damn good rate!!
The FIT ended a number of years ago unfortunately.... Get yourself a battery and you can double dip then.
Indeed it did, I think I was near the end of it finishing which I was lucky about... Wonder if I can find that table of prices for the tariff...

EDIT - I think it was something like this - FIT Tariff And you have the OFCOM one here

Back
Top Bottom