This is getting ridiculous (energy prices - Strictly NO referrals!)

Soldato
it's for decarbonising fuel oil distillation and chemical production ... decarbonising oil - most noble of goals ?
Which is what I said, it’s for decarbonising hydrogen currently created using steam reformation used in industrial processes…..

You can’t decarbonise oil if you then go on to burn it. I don’t think anyone has issues with using oil for other applications that don’t involve burning it.

Associate
My gas/electric bill has jumped up over 50%. I was paying £15 per month now, I'm paying £25 per month. I haven't needed to have the heating on yet.
Most of that will be standing charges. They were increased allot to pay for all the costs of the energy companies that went bust and whos customers were offloaded onto the surviving companies.

Caporegime
My gas/electric bill has jumped up over 50%. I was paying £15 per month now, I'm paying £25 per month. I haven't needed to have the heating on yet.
If you're on the Energy Price Guarantee prices the standing charges alone are roughly £18-£24/month depending where you live. Would you care to eleborate on how you use so little energy?

Soldato

As the others above noted - that monthly cost for energy just about covers the standing charges.
-> Either you're on a super cheap fixed deal from a couple of years ago still, or, are on current tariff rates and using no energy, or you have your use & costings wrong with your supplier, or possibly have solar powering and heating everything !?!

Which one is it ? :p

Last edited:
Soldato
How much Electric does everyone use per day? Im around 8-12KWH per day, family of 4, 3 bed bungalow. My PC is the worst offender at 600w when gaming.

600w, jesus, I've undervolted my CPU(5800x) and GPU(3080FE) and managed to get mine just under 200w (173-194w) including monitor etc and not dropped any performance as it still sits on 140FPS.

Soldato
How much Electric does everyone use per day? Im around 8-12KWH per day, family of 4, 3 bed bungalow. My PC is the worst offender at 600w when gaming.
16-20 kWh a day and more if I charge the car. No idea where it is going, gave up trying to work it out. (Gas heating)

Last edited:
Soldato
You can’t decarbonise oil if you then go on to burn it. I don’t think anyone has issues with using oil for other applications that don’t involve burning it.
you're decarbonising the supply chain ...

LOL

52492928568_6acf1a2d87_o_d.jpg

Permabanned
600w, jesus, I've undervolted my CPU(5800x) and GPU(3080FE) and managed to get mine just under 200w (173-194w) including monitor etc and not dropped any performance as it still sits on 140FPS.
lol if told you how much my one bed electricity bill is you lot would cry.

Soldato
:: EDIT :: Updated the monthly costs as they were being calculated wrong previously (A Scottish Power error on their data)
would be interesting to see discretely, what monetarily/kwh the solar panels contribute to reduced electricity and gas(water heat) consumption, at EPG rate, (for their amortozation.)

Caporegime
how often are people supposed to get vouchers for energy?
I'm on prepayment and had one last month for 66 at the start of the month, should I have had another this month?

Soldato
My electricity bill for the last two months was £10 - you can't be much lower than that...
With the monthly £66 Gov support I’m currently getting paid about +£20 a month for electricity use, and that includes the cost my ‘fuel’ bill !

Last edited:
Soldato
you're decarbonising the supply chain ...

LOL

52492928568_6acf1a2d87_o_d.jpg
What do you mean ‘lol’?

None of that has anything to do with hydrogen. You cite LNG as when I actually said oil of you read my post.

Oil is not LNG and pretty much the sole use of LNG is to be combusted. The way to decarbonise it is to stop burning it.

The reality is, the way you stop burning it is taking the same steps as to decarbonise the supply chain (E.g. zero carbon electricity) so just stop burning it and don’t worry about the LNG supply chain because you won’t need it.

I don’t have any issue with oil derived products like plastics. The problem all comes from it being burnt as a fuel. We’ve none it’s stupid for a long time, it’s not going to get any less stupid the longer we do it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
That doesn't seem possible, especially including monitor! Given the base 3080FE wattage is 320w.

In that, the undervolted 3080 still did well over 200w.

Soldato
That doesn't seem possible, especially including monitor! Given the base 3080FE wattage is 320w.

In that, the undervolted 3080 still did well over 200w.

It possible according to the power meter I have.
Using Afterburner to cap it to 55% power usage and using a custom curve, then CPU is capped more or less at the 65w settings, I still get 140FPS on Warzone and World of Warships, I've got a couple of pictures on my phone of when I was gaming showing the figures I quoted above, by comparison, I also have 2 from before I had tweaked the system one showing 294.4w and another showing a nice round 515w...

Soldato

So, this is again The Sun, we've worked out years ago that they're not a great source, but, if you take it at face value it suggests that Shell know there's a price drop coming and they want to tie people into a fixed tariff now before the prices actually drop so they can get more out of customers, or is that me being overly sceptical?

Back
Top Bottom