This is getting ridiculous (energy prices - Strictly NO referrals!)

Soldato
Looking at the Octopus app, looks like I've been put on the November 2022 v1 tariff, and the December 2023 tariff I thought I would be on. Anyone else experienced this?
Count yourself lucky, it's cheaper than the newer versions. It seems they refine the formula every so often. Still tracker is overall cheaper than other tariffs.

Soldato
Looking at the Octopus app, looks like I've been put on the November 2022 v1 tariff, and the December 2023 tariff I thought I would be on. Anyone else experienced this?
I changed over to Octopus gas tracker last week and was surprised to find myself on Nov 2022 V1 like yourself. My gas tracker started 1st Jan so assumed I would have been on the Dec 23 version.

Soldato
caught one of the kids sat there in the bed room using a hair dryer to keep warm, i KNEW ive heard them doing this several times, and the leci usage has been abit more than normal. that along with the constat use of an air fryer just hammer my electric cost. every body raves about cost saving with an air fryer but i find it uses 3x more than just using the oven which is gas
Haha dude, I went into my office room which has been baron for a few days as I want to get a start on renovating it - and the mrs had left the bloody oil filled radiator switched on for like 5 days. Makes me absolutely fuming!

Caporegime
im switched to tracker tariff, bit of a risk i know, but most ive paid so far is 18p Kwh as low as 10p Kwh and gas at 4.47p Kwh, just praying another war doesn't break out :cry:

Yeah it's better than my fix that. (probably not the day charge) but it shows how much you can reap accepting a little risk.

Associate
After reading about the tracker tariff on here I requested to switch over at 10pm last night. By 11:24pm last night they had switched me over, impressive.

Heating for the house is via a ASHP so the lower elec rate should help me save a decent chunk of money.

When you say requested do you mean using the beta form on their website? Or emailing them?

Also did the tariff change show in the octopus app after just 1h24mins?

Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
Emailed Octopus Energy for a refund of a large credit balance on my account.... 11.46am I sent email.

11.49 reply from them - processed refund and will be with me in 7 days.....That's impressive Customer service there.

I couldn't arrange a refund via the app.

Soldato
Emailed Octopus Energy for a refund of a large credit balance on my account.... 11.46am I sent email.

11.49 reply from them - processed refund and will be with me in 7 days.....That's impressive Customer service there.

I couldn't arrange a refund via the app.

EON Next do the same... All done over WhatsApp and was in my account a few days later.

Associate
Been happy with Octopus tracker since I changed early December, I was previously on Agile and making some nice savings over that too. Not had an electric bill last month, had a gas bill however. I've left it a couple of weeks (due on the 26th of every month) but still nothing has appeared. I will say customer server for a query and changing from Agile to Tariff responsiveness was very good.

Associate
I've been with octopus for probably two years now. I'm sure I looked into the tracker tariff a while ago and wasn't able to get it due to my economy 7 meter. Is this still the case or does anyone know anything different?

Associate
I've been with octopus for probably two years now. I'm sure I looked into the tracker tariff a while ago and wasn't able to get it due to my economy 7 meter. Is this still the case or does anyone know anything different?

I’ve now been put onto tracker with a meter that normally takes night and day readings.

They just had to make adjustments on their end with regards to the readings taken.

Trying to sort it via email was a nightmare and extremely lengthy. A few people have mentioned how quickly they respond but that’s not been my experience at all.

It’s best to call them in your scenario so they can make the adjustments on the back end. Unfortunately you’d have to wait until Monday now.

Last edited:
I’ve now been put onto tracker with a meter that normally takes night and day readings.

They just had to make adjustments on their end with regards to the readings taken.

Trying to sort it via email was a nightmare and extremely lengthy. A few people have mentioned how quickly they respond but that’s not been my experience at all.

It’s best to call them in your scenario so they can make the adjustments on the back end. Unfortunately you’d have to wait until Monday now.

Octopus don't respond quickly to emails generally, most people will and do say this on here.
The fastest is twitter, probably technically phone if your happy to hold, but twitter if you just want to type and then do something else, you normally find you can message them and within a few hours its fixed.

Back
Top Bottom