This is getting ridiculous (energy prices - Strictly NO referrals!)

Soldato
Did anyone notice that 5p off fuel, I got some unleaded from Shell the other night and it was about 1.64. A few days before that 5p off was announced I passed a few Shell garages in same area selling at around 1.54 a litre.

Also saw a Shell selling diesel at 1.84 yesterday.

So that 5p off is BS. Im sure its made no difference, garages have just put the prices back up.

Did anyone notice that 5p off fuel, I got some unleaded from Shell the other night and it was about 1.64. A few days before that 5p off was announced I passed a few Shell garages in same area selling at around 1.54 a litre.

So that 5p off is BS. Im sure its made no difference, garages have just put the prices back up.
garages should be made to justify their prices, whats the point in a cut when its not filtered down to the user

Soldato
She does it once a day and gets pocket money for it.
exactly start the training early, like cooking, so they will grow being proficient in the kitchen, as opposed to the just-eat/gousto/gastro app.

sales of washing up bowls probably correlate with the demise of the knowledge.

Soldato
Dishwashing by hand takes so long, would never go back to being without a dishwasher by choice. Saves water and energy too, so don't see the problem. It seems that people arguing you can save water by hand washing everything are saying you don't need to rinse the dishes after sponging them, which just feels super unhygienic to me with the residue / bits that can be left behind.

Soldato

5p was derisory, 20p might have helped.

Caporegime
A boil wash isn't actually 100C and probably not even 90C so if you think it kills all germs it doesn't. Hospitals use autoclaves with steam under pressure to get to around 130C can make things sterile.

60C and more washing powder is all you need. Or do what I do, face and hair first THEN dry my butt :) or you could make sure your butt is cleaned properly. hmm. you could eat your dinner off that.

I was all my dishes and clothes in a gravity displacement autoclave at 135 degrees for at least an hour in caustic soda to remove all the bacteria and prions. :cry:

Soldato
By that logic suppliers would have already been charging £1.80 as they could get away with it.
Many have been, there are suppliers out in the sticks who regularly charge way over the odds. But I filled up at £1.58 the day after the tax cut at a supermarket which seemed reasonable in these times of angst.

I do not see why the government should reduce its budgeted tax take only to allow fuel companies more leeway and profitability. I expect fuel to stay expensive anyway now as the companies look forward to EV sales. It is no time to have a large car, petrol or diesel.

Caporegime
Many have been, there are suppliers out in the sticks who regularly charge way over the odds. But I filled up at £1.58 the day after the tax cut at a supermarket which seemed reasonable in these times of angst.

I do not see why the government should reduce its budgeted tax take only to allow fuel companies more leeway and profitability. I expect fuel to stay expensive anyway now as the companies look forward to EV sales. It is no time to have a large car, petrol or diesel.

All tax reductions can be argued against on that basis though, income tax reduction will just reduce salaries etc. I don't think it makes for a convincing argument.

Soldato
With many demanding that the government pay their particular group or interest more money, I think that just reducing fuel tax in a relatively uncosted way whether to increase demand or just ease the pain a bit is not the way to do it. 5p or 20p, the price at the pump will not alter by that amount as it is not possible to enforce the reduction.

Soldato
All tax reductions can be argued against on that basis though, income tax reduction will just reduce salaries etc. I don't think it makes for a convincing argument.

Why would an income tax reduction reduce salaries? It makes no difference to the cost to the employer and wages are negotiated as gross not net.

Soldato
With many demanding that the government pay their particular group or interest more money, I think that just reducing fuel tax in a relatively uncosted way whether to increase demand or just ease the pain a bit is not the way to do it. 5p or 20p, the price at the pump will not alter by that amount as it is not possible to enforce the reduction.
Ok, would you mind telling Rishi Sunak then that his 'help' is completely useless. The way the government were crowing in Parliament when he announced it, you'd think he'd given us a huge windfall.

Soldato
Same, I've got a 25" which is about 20W and a 27" about 24W when calibrated to the right brightness setting. Haven't seen 60W since the CRT days.

Well,
Samsung Odessy G7 pulls 78w
the BenQ 28" 4k is 55w
Samsung Odessy G9 108w
Asus TF gaming monitor 65w
My iiyama g-master is rated at 60w

So plenty suggest they are around that.

Soldato
We have zero room for a dishwasher in our two bed house and wash up after every meal? It doesn't take that long and not that hard to do. Don't think I'll ever own a dishwasher tbh.
Same here family of four, really not that hard to wash by hand. I prefer to wash as I go so a dishwasher would be useless.

Back
Top Bottom