This is getting ridiculous (energy prices - Strictly NO referrals!)

Soldato
no ones confused I want a record of at least 30s granularity showing power usage during the day,
sitting watching the dynamically updated ihd is not useful.
The mechanism known as CAD would permit me to get this - with your authorisation meter will transfer better than 30s data to a central database that you can access later.

This might fit the bill, once they launch the SmartThings integration:

Caporegime
Do you think so? I prefer the one I have!
Buttons are all accessible and more info on the screen?

Well, fuctionality always seems to get taken out with new things, but in terms of screen resolution and how modern the display and fonts/icons are etc, the other guy's one looks much more modern.

Soldato
The other guy's looks more modern than yours :p

Was gonna say, that one is the same one I have and it's really basic. My folks got one from SSE that is full colour, shows usage graphs etc.

Do you think so? I prefer the one I have!
Buttons are all accessible and more info on the screen?
His shows gas and electricity at the same time, the one you and I have won't (not that I have gas anyway).

Soldato
Well, it doesn't help that they've just spent weeks/months saying you can't do a windfall tax as it'd be damaging for the future investment in the country, then vote against the proposal en masse a week ago, only to now say they are doing it.

What's changed from a week ago when it was an unconscionable idea?
What's changed - probably just used the time to think it through and apply answers to the negatives.

e.g.
Negative : Windfall tax would deter energy firms from investing in the UK.
Response : companies that increase investment in the UK could earn a discount on the additional tax.

Yes it not rocket science stuff but it's also not as easy as 'lets just do this' - there a negative consequences to all actions like this, and these need to fully mapped, understood and have solutions, which don't introduce other negative impacts.

Caporegime
Check out my old hunk of junk :):

20220526-110852.jpg

Soldato
Their guide says "Energy Usage Time Period - tap to choose which period is shown on the numeric display. Scroll between right now, today, this week or this month."

You have it on today by the looks of it
IMG-0093.jpg

Got it now, is that high for just using my iMac, have 2 tvs in standby, a fridge and freezer and smaller drinks fridge and just the internet routers, pretty much.

Soldato
What's changed - probably just used the time to think it through and apply answers to the negatives.

e.g.
Negative : Windfall tax would deter energy firms from investing in the UK.
Response : companies that increase investment in the UK could earn a discount on the additional tax.

Yes it not rocket science stuff but it's also not as easy as 'lets just do this' - there a negative consequences to all actions like this, and these need to fully mapped, understood and have solutions, which don't introduce other negative impacts.

So they worked all that out in the last week since they whipped the MPs to vote against the Labour proposal....I think you are giving these muppets far too much credit :cry:

Caporegime
Was gonna say, that one is the same one I have and it's really basic. My folks got one from SSE that is full colour, shows usage graphs etc.

His shows gas and electricity at the same time, the one you and I have won't (not that I have gas anyway).

Ah that's a bit naff yes.
I couldn't get a gas smart meter installed. Something a this house's meter box being non standard.

With so much unused space you'd think they could get both on.

Soldato
So they worked all that out in the last week since they whipped the MPs to vote against the Labour proposal....I think you are giving these muppets far too much credit :cry:
Nope - they have probably been working it for much longer.

Problem is, everyone loves a good conspiracy theory, from the comfort of their keyboards !

Soldato
Nope - they have probably been working it for much longer.
Then ministers would have been saying "We're working on how to implement a Windfall Tax" not "We can't implement a Windfall Tax because [daily changeable reasons]"
Problem is, everyone loves a good conspiracy theory, from the comfort of their keyboards !
Not every criticism of the current status is a conspiracy theory.

Soldato
Ah that's a bit naff yes.
I couldn't get a gas smart meter installed. Something a this house's meter box being non standard.

With so much unused space you'd think they could get both on.

Managed to get the info to live so its reading around 210w currently, Im now on a mission to find out what caused such a rise earlier, I have a feeling it could be the electric shower and/or my old crappy Sony TV I have had for 15yrs + which we use every morning for bbc breakfast.

Does this seem about average for being on a pc and most over things in standby/off.
IMG-0094.jpg

Caporegime
Managed to get the info to live so its reading around 282w currently, Im now on a mission to find out what caused such a rise earlier, I have a feeling it could be the electric shower and/or my old crappy Sony TV I have had for 15yrs + which we use every morning for bbc breakfast.

Oh yeah we have an electric shower.
It's 10kw.
It will be that.

Half an hour in that would cost me 1.10.
It'll probably cost you 1.50.

I remember seeing the light go red on the smart meter and saw the 13kw on display! Ran around the house until I heard the gf was in the shower and I had the kettle on! :D

Associate
Managed to get the info to live so its reading around 210w currently, Im now on a mission to find out what caused such a rise earlier, I have a feeling it could be the electric shower and/or my old crappy Sony TV I have had for 15yrs + which we use every morning for bbc breakfast.

Does this seem about average for being on a pc and most over things in standby/off.
IMG-0094.jpg
Definitely the electric shower.

Back
Top Bottom