Poll: This Johnny Depp Stuff

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
The projection in this thread mixed in with not one but two unreliable witnesses/narrators and the media frenzy is just so 2022, don't you think?

Just LOL.
Ooh, I'm a sucker for stats, interesting stuff, 32 replies from me (33 now) in this thread, thats not too bad I guess for a thread which is 1,127 posts long. That means that my posts comprise roughly 3% of the thread. Happy with that :D

Soldato
That could imply anything from posters who have a general hatred for women, to posters who may have witnessed or been victim to female-on-male abuse and as such find themselves invested. Stats are interesting, useless posts insinuating nothing savoury is simply poor taste. Sometimes the desire to be edgey should be checked by the desire to be decent.

Soldato
Fair.

My point was that there seems to be a lot of heavily invested people in this thread, hence the post contribution screenshot. It means nothing and suggests less but I found it worth mentioning.

As Dinosaur Jr said (and sang actually, at length) 'watch the corners' re: Daily Mail in favourites.
Maybe they're invested because there needs to be some accountability for women that abuse men?

Caporegime
That could imply anything from posters who have a general hatred for women,
Yes, that is how I read a lot of this commentary.
to posters who may have witnessed or been victim to female-on-male abuse and as such find themselves invested.
That was not the intent and 'imply' is a broad and not always great brushstroke. Point taken, however.
Stats are interesting, useless posts insinuating nothing savoury is simply poor taste. Sometimes the desire to be edgey should be checked by the desire to be decent.
None of my comments are to be edgy.

Caporegime
Maybe they're invested because there needs to be some accountability for women that abuse men?

fake e: that did not work. I'll try and restore C Kent's words (how are you!) back into this post.

fake e2: Yes but - and sorry C Kent I messed up your quote - when you have two parties and both can be wrong, accountability should be for everyone I would have thought.

Caporegime
The projection in this thread mixed in with not one but two unreliable witnesses/narrators and the media frenzy is just so 2022, don't you think?

Just LOL.

Dissapointed I didn’t make the list. Just LOL at not having a dowie hole in here yet.

Anyway I think Amber Heard is still on the right side of the crazy/hot line… if anyone disagrees then fight me.

Soldato
At the end of yesterday's session, why did the judge say to the jurors "enjoy your weekend, see you on Monday at 9am" but she said "see you tomorrow at 8am" to the lawyers?

Soldato
fake e: that did not work. I'll try and restore C Kent's words (how are you!) back into this post.

fake e2: Yes but - and sorry C Kent I messed up your quote - when you have two parties and both can be wrong, accountability should be for everyone I would have thought.
There's no denying it was clearly a toxic relationship, but everything I've seen relating to the evidence shows AH as the abuser both physically and mentally/emotionally.

I do think that regardless of the verdict it won't change anyone's opinion, if Depp should win then the blue check marks on twitter that have ignored all evidence of Heard's abuse will just use it as further justification that women will always be the victims of the judicial system. Whereas if Heard wins then those on Depp's side will just use it as evidence that the courts are systemically biased against men being abused.

Edit- yes there have been some infantile remarks made around both Heard and those that are on Depp's side in this thread, but children will be children.

Soldato
I still have no idea what Mags was trying to insinuate. I can't speak for everybody but i post because a) its super interesting b) this has further ramifications for victims of DV speaking up as I've previously said c) i've known Depp was being screwed since the UK courtcase and i've followed it since then. I also know he wasn't perfect and he had many problems. But lastly, i know none of those problems are the subject of this trial.

Depp is a man who's put everything out there. All of it, his psych notes, medical notes, his drink and drug problems - all of it to, clear his name. Vs Heard, who habitually lies, never owns up to anything, always blames other people, has zero proof of the horrific injuries or acts Depp allegedly took against her. I want to see justice, i want to see all male and female victims of DV to see this and realise they DO have the power to speak up against their narcissistic, deranged, nutcase abusers.

..and if i get to laugh at Heard along the way then.. oh well. She deserves every second of it.

Anyways, here's some more projection lol:

Last edited:
Soldato
Fair.

My point was that there seems to be a lot of heavily invested people in this thread, hence the post contribution screenshot. It means nothing and suggests less but I found it worth mentioning.

As Dinosaur Jr said (and sang actually, at length) 'watch the corners' re: Daily Mail in favourites.

Heavily invested because 11 years ago I went through exactly the same situation as Depp is going through with false accusations and the stress/anxiety and suffering it caused. The only saving grace I had was the police were able to see through the BS eventually after multiple witnesses came forward on my behalf, and I suspect many people are interested in the case for the very same reasons.

It's also clearly showing just how biased the media can be, some publications are still heavily invested in protecting AH (The Sun, New York Post etc) dispite the evidence contradicting absolutely everything she has said. Let alone the fact a purgery case has been opened in the UK with regards her testimony being all lies.

As said above previously by someone else, there absolutely needs to be some accountability when people falsely accuse someone else of DV/SV. I recently saw the article about the MP accused of SV and the fact they have been kept anonymous so far, I absolutely agree with that, innocent until proven guilty. If they have commited a crime the correct procedures should be followed so that it doesn't become a witch hunt.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom