This man knows who stole my phone, can anyone help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
172.x IP addresses are internal but 99.9% of home routers are all set for the 192.x range. I would say it was a free public wifi point somewhere, maybe you could figure out where. ( I don't know how though)

Soldato
OP
The phone appears to be still switched off :(

Definitely wishing I rooted and installed the program properly so it was pretty much impossible to remove/I had the ability to turn the gps on!

Last time I accessed it the battery was pretty low so I'm hoping it's just a case of waiting for him to charge it. Hopefully he won't bother to wipe the phone. If he had a mind to do so I would think he'd have done it straight away.

I'll update if I get anything more!

The police have acknowledged the photo but I'm not sure how much priority/interest they would give in something like this...

Permabanned
I'm guessing it's an Android phone jsmoke, which means that he could probably procure a charger from a nearby dog :p

But seriously, it's not that hard to get hold of a charger for a phone these days, even if he didn't steal the charger he could have dropped into any shop on the way home and picked one up.

Soldato
OP
I've still got the charger, lot of use it is now! But it's just it's the standard socket most/all? android phones seem to have these days.

Regards installing plan B now I think it might be too late as I've changed my gmail password. I could try and put it back but I seem to remember that you can't go back to an old password... But either way that would also give them access to my emails plus there would be an alert that the program had downloaded.... Something to consider though so thanks for the suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom