This man knows who stole my phone, can anyone help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I hope the police dont tell him how he was caught. Otherwise every phone he nicks from now on will be wiped immediately..

He doesn't look that smart to me. Besides if you root your phone you can install Cerberus as a system app in which case it'll survive the wipe anyway.

The only way to be sure would be to completely format the phone and re-install the operating system which isn't easy.

Soldato
I just tried it out as well.

Obviously it makes sense to create an email account solely for cerberus to send stuff to. If you send alerts to the email address registered with the phone, it's going to blow your cover! :)

I'm going to root my phone as soon as I get a chance and put this on properly with a licence.

Are the sent mails viewable anywhere on the phone? Is there even any way to determine from the handset what address cerberus mails are being sent to?

Soldato
Are the sent mails viewable anywhere on the phone? Is there even any way to determine from the handset what address cerberus mails are being sent to?

If hes just nicked it and you take a pic it would goto your gmail and he would get an new email notification, best to send it to an account not linked to your phone in anyway

Sorry just re read you post, no i dont think there is anything in sent items

Last edited:
Soldato
He doesn't look that smart to me. Besides if you root your phone you can install Cerberus as a system app in which case it'll survive the wipe anyway.

The only way to be sure would be to completely format the phone and re-install the operating system which isn't easy.

Your average joe thief wont have a clue anyways.

I've had cerberus for a few months now and think its great. I've posted in the NEXUS thread about rooting. But my "Concerns" were more about joe public having their phones nicked by this scum bag.

Where's my droid
Cerberus
Avg Free

And countless others

Easy to install harder to install hidden

The police need to be made aware that there are apps out there that can greatly aid the in capture of these scumbags, So things get actioned a damn sight quicker than the OP's

Soldato
I just tried it out as well.

Obviously it makes sense to create an email account solely for cerberus to send stuff to. If you send alerts to the email address registered with the phone, it's going to blow your cover! :)

I'm going to root my phone as soon as I get a chance and put this on properly with a licence.

I soon realised that was a bad idea when I was testing it! :)

Install the disguised .zip version via recovery. It's the best way to hide it almost completely.

Associate
This thread was truly epic. Remember reading pretty much as soon as OP posted, thinking na, he wont see that phone again!

Excellent outcome, glad you got your phone back dude! Some brilliant detective work from the forums too :)

Soldato
34143624.jpg

Surely this is 2013 thread of the year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom