Those little things that annoy you.

[TW]Fox said:
So yours then ;)

The funny thing is, people say cars like mine aren't fun to drive, but I disagree. The adrenaline rush of "Will I make it" when you overtake someone keeps me entertained. It's fun to drive fast on country roads and the engine makes a fairly nice noise, but on the motorway I actually cry at how crap it is :( :D

Still, I haven't given up on that BMW 3 series yet. I almost have enough for the car, but I'm trying to persuade my parents to pay for the insurance :p (which is in the region of £1,500! even with both of them as second/third drivers :eek: )

semi-pro waster said:
No it isn't hard but then again as a punter it isn't your job, a courtesy certainly but since part of the job in most pubs is for the barstaff to collect the glasses then I don't see the excuse for them not to if they aren't doing anything else. :)
Then again, you should remember these things next time you'd like some customer to go easy next time you're at work, or when someone does that little something that could have helped but opted not to.

Personally I always went and collected glasses, sometimes I'd leave them there for a while for people I couldn't stand though.

When your waiting for a lift (elavator) & someone else comes along & has to press the button even those its obvious its already been pressed.

Also people snogging on the tube especially in the mornings.

paul8811 said:
When your waiting for a lift (elavator) & someone else comes along & has to press the button even those its obvious its already been pressed.

You get exactly the same thing at pelican crossings, button's already been pressed, the little light is on to show it's been pressed, but someone else will still come up and press it again like it's going to make any difference.

People who leave clothes on the ironing board

People who only eat half a cake and leave cake in there (ie, small cakes like mr kipling etc)

Food that is lush but then ruined by putting raisins or nuts in it (apple stroodles, coronation chicken filling)

People on this forum that check peoples signature sizes, or tell people to remove swear words that aint even swear words (that aren't moderators)

NokkonWud said:
Then again, you should remember these things next time you'd like some customer to go easy next time you're at work, or when someone does that little something that could have helped but opted not to.

Personally I always went and collected glasses, sometimes I'd leave them there for a while for people I couldn't stand though.

I wondered whether I should put in a caveat there when I posted this morning but I thought I'd wait for the response first. :) In general I do take my glasses up with me when I go to the bar, partly just as courtesy and partly because I usually know them in my local(s) so it makes the barstaffs job that little bit easier and doesn't cause me any real inconvience but if the barstaff are just sitting about there is no logical reason why they shouldn't collect your glasses.

Back
Top Bottom