Thoughts on Agon AG352UCG

Associate
It's this or the new Samsung 100hz freesync for me, Not sure which to go for... Better colours or G-Sync..

There is a G sync version of the Samsung CF791 34" quantum dot coming this year. Not sure when exactly (radio silence on the net about it for the moment) but could be well worth waiting for especially if by the time it drops its sporting a DP1.4 connection.

Best

Wulf

Associate
Interesting option.

I'd go for G-Sync over better colours.

Though, I have just invested in a Asus PG348Q - hope I like it. This was after preordering and then cancelling an order for the Samsung CF791.

Associate
Crap like that should not be escaping the factory especially when the customer is parting with £800+ the response times are also noted as being poor so with that and the crushed VA panel blacks i think i will pass yet again..bugger :(

Associate
There are a few places that claim to have some, however its not exactly clear if they really do or if they are showing mythical supplier stock that isn't quite here yet. I can see pricing (including preorders) between £719 and £840 plus the usual couple way over that. Of course we can't post where these places are and one geeky number of them at least I have never heard of.

Man of Honour
The thing with the reviews, you can expect the review samples were cherry picked panels as they aren't going to want to show off bad ones.

Therefore on average, the retail versions are probably worse. It doesn't look great.

Associate
What I got from the reviews so far is a couple of weaknesses in specific conditions that many people probably won't notice if immersed in a a game. And the flicker bug that reviewers only noticed after particularly sensitive and picky people pointed them out and which seem pretty minor to me, surely this is better than a screen with a 3+ frame lag as is true of so many of the others. If it doesn't show up as proper stock soon, I'm pretty tempted to take a closer look at the XR342 which seems to be a good deal at the moment. I seem to recall that one having some weird bugs in it too but I don't recall the details.

Soldato
Yeah, I had an email back from another big UK website saying:

Looks like the "March release" is fabricated.

"Thank you for your enquiry

We have checked with our supplier and have confirmed this product has not been added to our new products list as yet.

Our suppliers have direct access to our system enabling them to add new products directly onto this list so I will watch out for these for you and as soon as we have more information of specification and price the web site will be updated

Please contact us if you have any further queries
"

Associate
Mine literally just arrived £706 delivered, came all the way from Poland (that price is pretty much what they retail for in Poland too) via a reputable drop shipper. Excited to get it home.

Oh and @Wulfster has had one for a week or 2 and seems pretty happy...

Back
Top Bottom