Three UK, anyone noticed that they are not as good as they used to be.

Soldato
Soldato
I don't rate O2 much.

I was with virgin that used ee network signal was amazing wherever I went, then Virgin sold out to O2 and since the switch coverage hasn't been anywhere near as good.

I want to go back to Ee but they are quite expensive.
Fair enough. I'll give them a go for a year and see how it goes. The deal I got was cheap £8 for 80GB with volt benefits

I was running a lebara as a dual sim for a while whilst on three as at work the signal on three was non existant, that was great tbf (Vodafone piggyback)

Associate
I'm with Smarty and if I'm not mistaken, they use Three's infrastructure, so as you can imagine, the signal is absolutely abysmal. :mad:

Associate
yes they use 3 network been with smarty for 6 weeks now i have seen 270mb at home indoors on 5g 484mb outside max i've ever seen on 4g is 30 it was often less than that, less than a mile away at a relatives other side of a hill different mast it's 4g 2mb and 15mb for 5g.

i guess location is key. giff gaff had better all over coverage on 4g at least for me but there data offering wasnt as good might go back when this deal is up.

Last edited:
Associate
Been with 3 for ten years, mainly for the roaming as I travel extensively worldwide for work, however now that's gone out the window they've lost the main selling point. I think Vodafone might have the best worldwide roaming offering now, really need to look into that...

Soldato
Been with 3 for ten years, mainly for the roaming as I travel extensively worldwide for work, however now that's gone out the window they've lost the main selling point. I think Vodafone might have the best worldwide roaming offering now, really need to look into that...
MVNO's are pretty consistently better than the big 4 for roaming. Smarty are owned by 3 and offer it.

Soldato
I'm with ID and consistently despite have decent coverage of either 5G or 4G cannot do basic things like Teams or Whatsapp calls without them dropping out.
I'll be away in the next few months for sure.

Associate
I have recently moved from EE to three network as they were the cheapest with Iphone pro max contract but I am already regretting it. At least most of network use wifi calling these days so it's not big issue inside the house anymore.

Soldato
I was on 3 many moons ago. My wife is waiting for the contract to end with them. They are terrible in terms of Calls and data stability.

I've been on EE for a long time and always been great.

Soldato
Only reason I'm staying with them is I'm on an unlimited, free data roaming EU/worldwide for £18/m still, find the service decent for what I use though, 5G isn't as widespread as others, but 4G is usable where I live.

Soldato
Three terrible in my area, internet used to be painfully slow 1-3mb but in the early hours much better guess thats congestion and not enough capacity, every other network been fine, currently with Lyca who use EE speeds 200-300mb and not tied down rolling monthly

Associate
I travel throughout the UK and I'd describe them as 'okay' - certainly signal could be better in some places, however I've noticed that if you are close to a 5G mast the speeds tend to be really good. My work phone is on Vodafone which I would describe as below average even with 5G, O2 are pants.

Soldato
We had 3 as are main internet before FTTC came along. It was a solid 100mb down for over a year, then suddenly it dropped off to 20mb down and the speed never returned.

I've just cancelled it as we used it for when the blind farmer rips the cable down during harvest. Now looking for alternative for emergency use.

Soldato
Been with Three for good few years now and noticed that indoors is rubbish. However, i'm on all you can eat data plan which is now £22 so maybe its time i started hunting around.

Associate
They do seem to have gone downhill indoors (in my area at least) used to be able to average 35mbps on three 4g, now lucky to get 4mbps

Back
Top Bottom