Thunderstorm Watch - 2024

Soldato
Must have just caught the edge of it here in Rochester. I woke up about 3.30am to some thunder, but it wasn't as violent as everyone else seems to suggest. Tried to keep my eyes open to watch the lighting but drifted off again quite easily.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Must have just caught the edge of it here in Rochester. I woke up about 3.30am to some thunder, but it wasn't as violent as everyone else seems to suggest. Tried to keep my eyes open to watch the lighting but drifted off again quite easily.

Most of it was sheet lightning, albeit some impressive displays visually, without huge thunder claps, some parts, mostly France, had massive hailstorms and flooding with it.

Man of Honour
Bit of it up in the Cotswolds - according to the forecast spreading towards the north as the night comes on, BBC seems to think some of the south coast/south east as well but most of the forecasts seem to be pushing it on to Wednesday if it happens at all.

Man of Honour
It looks angry outside.

Last night was amazing. Kids slept right through it, dog went nuts most of the night keeping wife and I awake. Wife was watching the Lightning on our Ring Doorbell. :)

I slept through all but the biggest bang at 5am that briefly woke me. People were still talking about it on Friday.

Last edited:
Soldato
Drove through a colossal thunderstorm on the M40 at around 1930 in Warwickshire. Biblical rain, a huge accident on the opposite carriageway and thankfully other drivers had the sense to slow down to 40 mph while the heavens opened. Can count on one hand the number of times I’ve driven through such a torrential downpour. Quite something!

Not a spot of rain in Stratford otherwise. Almost felt like summer had arrived!

Soldato
Looks like it's starting to kick off around the Severn estuary and mid Wales, as forecast.

Thats quite a cool site, does look to be slowly moving in on Cardiff.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom