Tick remover!

Soldato
Ex-RoNiN said:
Pulled it out, but made a strange tearing noise as I did that :confused: Can't see if any bits of it remained in the skin, put some antiseptic on the wound but will get a doc's appointment on Monday just to make sure.

I ran all over town, nobody stocks these remover thingys :mad:

i thought vinegar and twisting it (rather than pulling it) was the answer...?

Associate
totaly cover

the tick in vaseline jelly.
It will suffocate the tick, they use their skin to breath.
It will fall or wash of after a good few hours.
Keep the tick and go to the doctors, ticks can cause horrible fevers and infections, please make sure you do this asap.

Soldato
Best way is to dip one end of a cotton bud into paraffin & dab it onto the tick this will kill the tick quickly & safely without leaving any mouth parts embeded into the skin.

Soldato
fatiain said:
Why the rolleyes? :confused:

If you burn them out it cause almost certain regurgitation, allowing all the diseases and infections in your blood.

If someone put a match to my ass I am sure I would regurgitate...

I hope the tick didn't come from Slovenia as they have TBE, which is a very serious virus.

http://www.masta.org/tickalert/

They are even warning the World cup fans out in Germany.

Soldato
Zildjian said:
If you burn them out it cause almost certain regurgitation, allowing all the diseases and infections in your blood.

If someone put a match to my ass I am sure I would regurgitate...

I hope the tick didn't come from Slovenia as they have TBE, which is a very serious virus.

http://www.masta.org/tickalert/

They are even warning the World cup fans out in Germany.
I stand corrected, still think the "classy :rolleyes" comment was a bit much :confused:

Soldato
heh, I wouldn't bother having a go at fatian, the ticks been removed apparently safely, and there are more dumb ways to not remove a tick in this thread than in the idiots handguide. :D

Soldato
AcidHell2 said:
techniquley you shouldn't pull a tick off, it breaks the "beak" and can transmit what ever nasties its carrying. Not normally much off a problem in the uk though.

If you cover it in talcum powder, it blokes its breaving holes and it will full off.

Reading that nearly made me wet myself :p :p

VeNT said:
anyone understand that?

And that :p :p

Back
Top Bottom